• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

"That's a reputation call... Sutherland blew it"

Rate this topic

I am not going to feel good till Sat, unless the Pens lose tomorrow than I will be alot more happy. Its crazy how much the Stars actually got away with aka Ott sexually molesting Homer at the end.

I'd like to say though Matt the site is holding up awesome with all this post-game traffic.

Bettman was in the building in case the Wings won, not that it matters since he doesn't do anything positive for the game.

Here's hoping that Bill McCreary is in for Game 5.

:sly:

I already mentioned the same thing in another thread. God willing.

As for the OP's initial post, I would hope everyone in the hockey world (including Stars fans) would know they got away with murder on that one.

As much as i hate blaming third parties, it seems this playoofs those who ***** and whine get their way so I'm glad it was said and in a discrete but truthful manner.

What pisses me off the most about this is I'll have to miss Saturday's game.

Why is a goalie interference call not reviewable? Does that mean just because a Ref had a bad burrito an hour before the game, he can call off a goal? :ranting:

Regardless, the normally resilient Red Wings didn't do so hot for the remainder of the game, (sorry, this can't help but sound like whining) but it's tough to beat the referees as well as the other team.

Perhaps an equal reputation call for Turdco constantly slashing whomever is in front of him??

(I know... not likely.) :angry:

Ah well... The Wings will finish it on Saturday. :D

Edited by WisconsinWingNut

:sly:

I already mentioned the same thing in another thread. God willing.

As for the OP's initial post, I would hope everyone in the hockey world (including Stars fans) would know they got away with murder on that one.

Nope. They still claim that they won the Cup legitimately in 1999.

everytime his mouth opens i will be waiting for a dallas players penis to enter it

way to fuel us up for these playoffs

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is HORRIBLE!! Just HORRIBLE!! In fact this game reminds me of the Game 6 against Edmonton!! That is how bad the officals were tonight!! All I can say is we better win Game 5, or we're in BIG TROUBLE!! All in all I thought we played pretty good tonight, its just Dallas could do no wrong!! I simply cannot stand how terrible the Refs have been this year in the playoffs. Last night in the Pitt/Philly series they we're calling hooking peanlties that weren't even close. There is no consistancy, and I blame the NHL and Bettman for this. They put so much pressure on the refs to call these cheese-dick calls, and it almost seems like they call things they don't actually see because they are under the microscope! The NHL should be ashamed for this, this is why there ratings are down because they always want to change things!! Sorry, I'm ranting, but DAMN!!! :ranting:

From the recap...

DALLAS (AP)-Detroit’s goal with a guy barely in the crease, if at all, didn’t count. Dallas’ goal with a guy clearly in the crease did count.

Apparently, that’s what it takes to slow the mighty Red Wings.

That should be in someone's signature

it almost seems like they call things they don't actually see because they are under the microscope!

Almost? That's exactly what happened to Homer tonight -- and has been happening to him for quite some time now.

Oh well. I'm gonna drink and sleep. Off I go!

I will repeat, as much as I didn't like the call and it was wrong, blaming the referees tonight is a cop-out excuse. And Wings fans have been jumping all over Stars fans and analysts these first 3 games with "excuses" of them being tired and the like.

In the grand scheme of things Dallas outplayed the Wings and capitalized more on fewer opportunities.

And it was Babcock himself that said in the 1st round after a game that the referees are trying their hardest as well to advance as they want to officiate in the SCF. I understand the frustration by him and us as well, but solely blaming the referees is a cop-out excuse.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

And it was Babcock himself that said in the 1st round after a game that the referees are trying their hardest as well to advance as they want to officiate in the SCF. I understand the frustration by him and us as well, but solely blaming the referees is a cop-out excuse.

Jeez, don't you think it would have been easier, for everyone involved, if Sutherland just admitted he had a mandatory "reffing 101" class that he had to attend during the SCF's? <_<

Let's GO Wings!!!

Babcock is right. There is no way Sutherland or any ref calls that a no-goal if anyone not named Holmstrom is positioned there. It's a complete joke of a call, and the NHL should be disgusted with the way games are officiated.

Sad thing is, the NHL just doesn't learn. We have seen this before, and we'll see it again.

I will repeat, as much as I didn't like the call and it was wrong, blaming the referees tonight is a cop-out excuse. And Wings fans have been jumping all over Stars fans and analysts these first 3 games with "excuses" of them being tired and the like.

In the grand scheme of things Dallas outplayed the Wings and capitalized more on fewer opportunities.

agreed. even if that goal counts we only would have scored two, well below average for us in these playoffs. and it's not like we didn't have powerplays. frankly, our power play looked like s*** tonight. when the best player in the league can't put a puck into an open net 6-on-3 you know we're not firing on all cylinders. now i'm not getting too down on the wings here--you're going to lose some games on the way to the cup, and it's not as if WE were the one's facing elimination at home. you have to know how desperate the stars were. i'm not too concerned about this game. saturday's game, much more so. yeah, the call was absolutely absurd, but we still could have won 4-3 if we'd scored some more goals. *shrug* either way, we'll get 'em in five. there's no shame in that.

agreed. even if that goal counts we only would have scored two, well below average for us in these playoffs.

I don't think you can conclude that. We would have been up 1-0 and it would have shifted the whole complexion of the game. That goal being called back seemed to kill our morale. There's no way to predict what would have or wouldn't have happened if the goal was allowed. But I can assure you that the game would NOT have turned out the same, with just an extra tally to our side of the score-sheet.