• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lancz

What can fans do?

Rate this topic

Nice link. :thumbup: Thanks! I vented and sent an email but I vented in a nice constructive way to get my point across.

You're emailing the NHL to complain about the refs? Good god, I thought I had too much time on my hands. :rolleyes:

At least to get them to think about going to video replay for this or calls in question. The refs can not see everything with the pace of the game now a days. The NFL does it.

Your a Dallas fan that is under cover aren't you? :P

I would e-mail but it wouldn't do anything as they are probably part of the conspiracy.

They want game 5s on NBC (both wings and pens)

You're emailing the NHL to complain about the refs? Good god, I thought I had too much time on my hands. :rolleyes:

forgive him for wanting to play an active role as a true fan of the NHL.

too much time on his hands? please, how insulting.

I would e-mail but it wouldn't do anything as they are probably part of the conspiracy.

If there is indeed a conspiracy bias I believe this to be the most likely scenario.

forgive him for wanting to play an active role as a true fan of the NHL.

too much time on his hands? please, how insulting.

:thumbup: Thank you !!

The problem isn't so much the reffing, but the lack of reviewing on certain plays.

Ok, I will agree with that, even through I think the calls have been petty from time to time in the playoffs in BOTH series and I have watched both.

I hate to say this, but the honest answer is nothing.

That is sad if so. We are the reason the NHL exists. That link is the only thing I have found to offer some constructive critisicm. I don't think it's all the refs fault but they obviously need to work toward video review for the opposing team to challenge bad calls, be it penalties or goal reviews. I think NHL fans in general would be a lot less frustrated if some type of system would be used and I'd have lower blood pressure 8). It wouldn't take long for the refs to huddle up to the glass and review a call on a LCD screen from different angles if challenged by the opposing team. So if you happen to agree with me send the refs an email if you have a couple minutes of time. If we do it enough they'll either make a change or be eternally annoyed with spam.

What you fans can do is sit back and watch history in the making friends.

GO STARS!

the only history that is being made is your team as of this series. The Stars are dirtier than the Anaheim Thugs. Your a troll. Go away! :thumbdown:

the only history that is being made is your team as of this series. The Stars are dirtier than the Anaheim Thugs. Your a troll. Go away! :thumbdown:

Heh yeah. At least when Anaheim gooned against us it was to try and take us out to win the series, and not hurt us when we already had it won :P

But in all seriousness, Stars are done.

I am far from a troll, I informed your board that NBC will carry the game as long as its on for Dallas and Detroit NBC stations. I can't believe your calling the Stars dirty. Name one incident we were involved in that was not instigated by a Wing.

1. Sticking his stick out and tripping Filppula as he skated near Turco.

2. hitting Holmstrom repeatedly in the back of the head.

(btw, I watched the ducks/stars series, and Turco is the dirtiest goalie I have ever watched, and I have been watching hockey for nearly 30 years)

There are so many little things you guys do to instigate a fight. Because when real competitors lose, some have a tendency to not handle it well. Thats when they swing their sticks like baseball bats, over a simple jab! Simple. Give me a break.

And I'm sure the NHL, NBC, Vs., and CBC would want a Detroit-Pittsburgh Final. It's a dream matchup.

...Name one incident we were involved in that was not instigated by a Wing.
Dont you remember an attempt to injury Dats long after whistle by Ott. How come this was instigated?

I would not even mention slashing and assaults he got away with. Almost every move of that punk is a dirty play.

Edited by ami

That is sad if so. We are the reason the NHL exists. That link is the only thing I have found to offer some constructive critisicm. I don't think it's all the refs fault but they obviously need to work toward video review for the opposing team to challenge bad calls, be it penalties or goal reviews. I think NHL fans in general would be a lot less frustrated if some type of system would be used and I'd have lower blood pressure 8). It wouldn't take long for the refs to huddle up to the glass and review a call on a LCD screen from different angles if challenged by the opposing team. So if you happen to agree with me send the refs an email if you have a couple minutes of time. If we do it enough they'll either make a change or be eternally annoyed with spam.

The league has no incentive to listen to fans. Unless a large majority of the fans can unify and put themselves in a position to monetarily hurt the NHL unless they listen to their demands (which will never happen), than there is nothing the fans can do.

(btw, I watched the ducks/stars series, and Turco is the dirtiest goalie I have ever watched, and I have been watching hockey for nearly 30 years)

He definitely gets away with murder back there, but for my money he's no Billy Smith, Ron Hextall or Crazy Eddie.

The problem isn't so much the reffing, but the lack of reviewing on certain plays.

Too much review slows the game and takes teams out of rhyhm. I find the placement of many TV timeouts already bad enough and too numerous. Putting increased replay pauses on top of that is unnecessary.

Refs will make mistakes just as the players do. It'll happen, it'll all even out in the end, and it's part of the game.