• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Poll: Pick a Positive Change

Rate this topic

What would you change about the game?  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Complete toss up between "Make all goals/non-goals reviewable" and "Eliminate instigator penalty." Making all goals reviewable would have a bigger impact and as a whole be more important, but no rule is more worthless in hockey than the instigator rule.

:nhl2: "no-touch" icing would make the game a whole lot safer and I think the "olympic" or larger rinks would make for a better game seeing as how present day players are bigger and faster.....just my opinions though. And by all means, GET RID OF BETTMAN !!! :beerbuddy:

Get rid of the instigator penalty. This has been one of the worst rules I have seen added to the NHL. How many injuries could have been prevented by allowing a tougher teammate to neutralize opponents taking liberties on finesse players?

I dont know why people have problems with goali equipment. Its not like were getting 1-0 2-1 games here. Hell how many goals would the Wings scored against the Avs if their equipment was even smaller? So why is everyone jumping on the goalis?

I'll draw a parallel. Goalies say that the purpose of goaltender equipment is protection, and they don't wear bigger pads to increase their bulk and thus cover more net. Therefore, pad size should be the minimum protective gear possible, right? Well, from the bottom of a person's heel to the top of their knee is about 2/7 of their total height. Let's work with thate ratio for a second. Brodeur is 74 inches tall, meaning that for the average person his height, it's about 21 inches to the top of his knee. He uses 35 inch pads. That's a 5:3 ratio.

Conceivably, we should be able to apply this ratio to Legace's height and get the size pads that Legace could wear as an equivalent to Brodeur. Guess what? That would work out to 66 inches tall. So we're going based off of a 19 inch knee instead of a 21 inch knee...which means Legace should be wearing 32 inch pads. So Legace basically has six extra inches of leg pad that he doesn't need for safety's sake, and that's assuming Brodeur's are the minimal pads one would need based on proportion to the body.

And then consider that leg pads are probably the most restricted, and thusly the most 'legal' of goaltender equipment, and we still see guys like that who are basically cheating with them.

It's not about picking on the goalies. It's about fair play for those goalies who DON'T cheat their gear, and those teams that don't have a cheater in net.

Instigator. Like someone said, I'd rather just keep reviewing the same but give coaches one challenge a game. Goalie equipment is a close second. I don't mind th e"low scoring" games, I just hate hacks like Giguere wearing huge equipment which makes them seem great.

all goals are reviewable unless it's a judgement call. i don't get why no one understands this. the wrong call was made on Homer in game 4 but a review shouldn't be able to fix that. It would be like reviewing pass plays in the NFL to figure out if there was pass interference. It's not a black and white call, so it's not something that should be instituted into the game.

i pick no-touch icing because it's the only one on there worth it's salt.

they never really call instigator anyhow, but i could do without it i suppose.