• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Donaldjr2448

Are we in Trouble yet?

Rate this topic

I don't want to hit the panic button, but do you all think that we are in trouble?? It seems that we don't have the jump that we had the first three games! Dallas is confident now, and I just see us losing game 6 in Dallas. Turco got a win in Joe Louis for the first time. Maybe I'm over reacting, but I just don't see it!! We have not showed that killer instinct that we had with Nashville/Colorado! Let me know what you all think, please cheer me up!!! :scared:

I tell you what, I'm watching the lockerroom interviews right now and all I want to see is some PISSED OFF Red Wings players, but I'm not seeing it.

Getting a lot of "...we've just got to put this behind us...blah...blah... we don't need to change much.... blah blah blah... we've just got to execute better..." comments.

They're using the 3-2 series lead as a crutch. Monday is your Game 7, damnit -- just like today should have been -- act like it!

the blown call in game 4 seems to have changed the momentum in the series... we should still win though..

That's an excuse.

The Red Wings had tons of chances in this game to score and got a case of Dallasstaritis and kept blowing chances wide.

I don't want to hit the panic button, but do you all think that we are in trouble?? It seems that we don't have the jump that we had the first three games! Dallas is confident now, and I just see us losing game 6 in Dallas. Turco got a win in Joe Louis for the first time. Maybe I'm over reacting, but I just don't see it!! We have not showed that killer instinct that we had with Nashville/Colorado! Let me know what you all think, please cheer me up!!! :scared:

Yes we are in trouble. If we don't play 99% better than game today I'd actually be quite suprsied if the Stars don't pull off the upset. Then we'll never be able to shake the playoff choker title, which we are justifying at the moment.

the blown call in game 4 seems to have changed the momentum in the series... we should still win though..

yeah, but we still have only scored 2 goals in 2 games!! and to me I just thought we would come out flying today, and we failed. We simply failed!! This team let us all down today with that crapy effort today!!

I tell you what, I'm watching the lockerroom interviews right now and all I want to see is some PISSED OFF Red Wings players, but I'm not seeing it.

Getting a lot of "...we've just got to put this behind us...blah...blah... we don't need to change much.... blah blah blah... we've just got to execute better..." comments.

They're using the 3-2 series lead as a crutch. Monday is your Game 7, damnit -- just like today should have been -- act like it!

That's why Lilja needs to be made captain.

Lidstrom is not a wartime consigliere.

Yeah it's called we don't have any scoring beyond 2 (3 whenever Franzen comes back) players. Don't give me this Hudler bulls***, he has 4 goals in 15 games, Flip has 3, Homer has 3, Sammy has 2, and Cleary has 1. THAT'S your problem. It's not goaltending, it's not defense. It's scoring beyond 3 f'n guys. With Franzen being out the last 3 games, it's showing everyone that we're a one line team. But no, we didn't need another scoring forward at the deadline, we needed Brad Stuart to take runs at guys and miss causing 2 on 1's...

Edited by Wingfan191

I'm there with you. I'm not hitting the panic button, because I believe we can win in Dallas. It's like Dallas hit the easy button and made the Wings go soft. We can't hit, we can't score. We've got to step up and do something. We really looked like a 1 line team today. Whats bad about it is the 1 line didn't provide. No a few times Zett or Dats was making a move and got a quick hook that slowed them down and threw them off but thats no excuse. So here is my final solution as to what our Wings have to do al la Wedding Crashers:

NO EXCUSES PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION

Yeah it's called we don't have any scoring beyond 2 (3 whenever Franzen comes back) players. Don't give me this Hudler bulls***, he has 4 goals in 15 games, Flip has 3, Homer has 3, Sammy has 2, and Cleary has 1. THAT'S your problem. It's not goaltending, it's not defense. It's scoring beyond 3 f'n guys. With Franzen being out the last 3 games, it's showing everyone that we're a one line team. But no, we didn't need another forward at the deadline, we needed Brad Stuart to take runs at guys and miss causing 2 on 1's...

Good thing we didn't trade Flip for Hossa.

Flip is our future, while Hossa is a playoff choker. <_<

No. Lets be honest, the puck was just bouncing into the Dallas player's sticks.... it was like the puck did not want to go in the wings favour once. Line changes were bad at times today, so that will be fixed. Also, we are still without Mule... I think once he comes back, perhaps Monday, the 2nd line will finally be good again. Our top line was good once again, I thought Draper's line was excellent today. Sammy had a REALLY bad game. But all in all, the wings are fine, and will likely close out the series in game 6. Babs will be on their cases, they will have more desire, better passing, more puck control, more composed.

I may get picked apart for this, but one might consider putting Dom in net for the wings in game 6 (if they are scored on first and if the wings are playing bad in the process). I think the wings react really good with a goalie change and with an early change they would pick it up and win. BUT, I think the wings will score at least 4 goals on monday and will blow out dallas.... NO WORRIES

That's an excuse.

The Red Wings had tons of chances in this game to score and got a case of Dallasstaritis and kept blowing chances wide.

Thats what I mean, We are not finishing!!! This is exactly the way we played during our losing streaks in the reg.season. I just see history repeating itself here!! I'm sorry if I sound like I'm whining, but there killing me!! Maybe Dallas is playing better, but I still don't see that!!

Good thing we didn't trade Flip for Hossa.

Flip is our future, while Hossa is a playoff choker. <_<

Hehe, while I'm glad we kept Flip, he'll be player soon enough, Hossa wasn't the answer, there were other players out there that wouldn't have cost a lot.

That's an excuse.

did i say that is why we lost the last 2 games or what changed momentum??? .... not an excuse.. a fact....

That's why Lilja needs to be made captain.

Lidstrom is not a wartime consigliere.

Last I checked, the consigliere who let himself get worked up such was shot. Lidstrom is what we need. He's Michael Corleone, now to just get Turco into a cheap Italian restaurant.

It depends what you mean by panic.

If you mean start second-guessing every move and play and shout that the sky is falling, that the Wings are done, that Babcock/Holland/whoever needs to be fired, then no.

If you mean be a little bit apprehensive about the next game, but know that our Red Wings will play like they can and close out this series, then absolutely 100% yes.

Maybe someone could bump the "SEE! WE DIDN'T NEED A FORWARD!" thread that was horribly premature.

Remember, at the deadline Franzen hadn't scored in 2 weeks and had like 4 goals in his last 22 games. With Franzen out--and thus not producing--this is basically the team that we decided to go into the playoffs with.

I'll say it again, just because a bad decision (not getting a forward) might work out, it doesn't make it a good decision.

And Stuart was arguably the worst player on the ice today....Though Chelios could make himself a case too.

We've had one even strength goal in the last 11 1/2 periods from someone not named Datsyuk or Zetterberg. Our second, third, and fourth lines have done absolutely nothing 5 on 5. Gotta get that fixed, because Dallas is going to be able to line match against ZDH next game.

I still think we're going to win the series, but they sure aren't making it easy on themselves.

Maybe the goal is to put off the SCF as long as possible to get Franzen some time to heal :)

did i say that is why we lost the last 2 games or what changed momentum??? .... not an excuse.. a fact....

Yes, the call on the Holmstrom goal completely changed the momentum of this series... :rolleyes: That's absolutely fact, too, since that's what I've heard all of the players say.

The fact is that Dallas, right now, is finishing on their chances and the Red Wings are not. It doesn't get any more cut and dry than that.

I have to still agree with Matt!! we played like s$%# today, and there is no excuse!! right from the get go today we had no jump until they scored!! That means your reacting!! YOU NEVER WIN when you react in the playoffs!! All the confidence is in the Dallas lockeroom right now!! Panic- no, concerned- Yes!!