• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Donaldjr2448

Are we in Trouble yet?

Rate this topic

I may get picked apart for this, but one might consider putting Dom in net for the wings in game 6 (if they are scored on first and if the wings are playing bad in the process). I think the wings react really good with a goalie change and with an early change they would pick it up and win. BUT, I think the wings will score at least 4 goals on monday and will blow out dallas.... NO WORRIES

Nah, if they put Hasek back in then we'd have to start blaming the goalie again when Chelios makes a bad line change and the offensive player puts a laser into the top corner.

we really need to score first. dallas was saying int he first 3 games, that it was hard for them to play their game when we get out to a quick lead. the last 2 games, the starts scored first and played D for the rest of the game. how annoying was it with like 15 mins left in the 3rd, the stars would just back into their zone, get the puck and chip it out, and all retreat again. I HATE teams that play like that with taht much time left.

I have to agree it is for sure time to push the panic buttons for all Wing fans. I personally have made Tee times for all the Wing players. you can see the defeat in their eyes. WOW, it took less than one period for Wing to deflate...

LETS GO STARS!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STARS WIN TWO MORE TO GO!

One of the worst things about the playoffs has been dealing with foolish fans like you.

First those Nashville trolls, then those divealanche trolls, and now the Stars trolls. God I hope Pens fans aren't this annoying.

We are fine. Refs are giving the Stars free gifts. Look at game 4 and game 5. If that non-goal had counted as it should have, there would be no game 5.

Zetterberg was tripped 3 time in the first 15 minutes, None were called. When Detroit got going, Turco would kick the goalie off the pegs, No call.

Stars know they are the Refs favorites and are taking full advantage. Wings have lost their groove since the Refs decided to favor the Stars....

Bottom line, Detroit is the best team hands down. They'll get back to form to beat the Stars and their refs. I'm not concerned about this "L" at all, this just means more hockey we all get to watch before advancing on to the SCF!

While that is no real excuse, the goal did seem to come off the pegs quite a number of times. I seem to remember one time when we got a breakaway on a line change and a whistle went up because the goal move.

One of the worst things about the playoffs has been dealing with foolish fans like you.

First those Nashville trolls, then those divealanche trolls, and now the Stars trolls. God I hope Pens fans aren't this annoying.

That is what I meant by the momentum has changed!! But hey, let them talk!! Its all good!!

Are we in trouble? Yes. Is it panic time? It won't be panic time until we're behind after 2 periods in game 7. But if our guys think they can lollygag through the tournament, we will be at panic time shortly.

YEP!! I just don't see the concern there faces!!!! and THAT PISSES ME OFF!!

If the Wings continue to play like they did the past 2 games, then yes, they'll be golfing by late next week. If the Wings decide to play like we all know they can, then this series will be over Monday night.

What really bothers me is the fact that the Wings had the opportunity to finish off the Stars twice in a row now, and they came out flat as can be. I'm especially worried that the Wings didn't finish them off at home today. There was absolutely no urgency today. As mentioned, even in the locker room afterwards, the players were just like "well.....we need to stay focused and do a better job, blah blah." I too would like to see some pissed off players, mad at how bad they've played the past two games, and to play with some real passion for a change.

I don't think people are giving the Stars enough credit either, they have obviously figured out a way to shut down D and Z, and are playing a very good defensive game. The Wings performance as of late make them look more and more like a one line team (which we know they aren't).

On the other hand, the Wings were terrible today and I don't recall ever seeing the Wings completely miss the net like they did today. Homer, Chelios, Cleary, Mac, Sammy (thats a given), all had terrible games. The only players I felt had a really good game were Dats, Hudler, and Lebda.

I think the Stars now have a very good chance at coming back and winning this series. I don't want to hear any crap about "not being a true Wings fan" because I think the Stars have a chance. The Wings can easily beat this Stars team and go on the win the cup....it's just a matter of whether they want to or not. I guess we'll see....the Stars have momentum and a trip back to Dallas on their side now.

Nah, if they put Hasek back in then we'd have to start blaming the goalie again when Chelios makes a bad line change and the offensive player puts a laser into the top corner.

I don't think it was Cheli making the bad line change. He was clearly communicating with the other guys and THEY failed to get it together quickly. You could tell by Cheli's reaction when the other player who was suppose to take his spot didn't respond to him. He just shook his head and it was all downhill from there.

I think the Dallas Stars found some video tape of the Edmonton Oilers from 2006. The Video was titled "How to block shots, push the wings to the outside, and make a 1 seed look like a joke"

Joke might be harsh but you get the idea

I want to see someone come into the locker room and break their damn stick on the locker. We aren't playing pissed of and we should be. I guess the players haven't been listening to people disrespect them for being habitual chokers enough.

Detroit would be playing fine if Refs would call the game with dignity. This could be a 1-0 Detroit game if Ozzy was to kick the goal off the pegs everytime the puck entered the zone, like Turco does.

I was thinking the same damn thing I mean how many times in a game does the net have to come off for the refs to take their heads out of their a** followed by their whistle and call a delay of game on Turco

Edited by wingsrock34

It is really disappointing to be in the position that the team is in right now. This series should be over, but instead the Wings have given Dallas life, and now Dallas has all of the momentum and believes that they can repeat history and make a comeback.

The Wings need to get the passion and drive back and start beliving that they are the number one team again. If this series goes to a game seven, I fear the outcome.

Nope talk to me after game 7... then i will tell you.

Why should we panic now? The wings obviously couldn't care less about playing hockey today... no panic EVER this game in their eyes.... even with 37 seconds left in the game... came out la la la la la pass the puck... they couldn't have cared less today about winning the game.

Edited by OsGOD

I'm never one that will sound overconfident or cocky when having such a large lead, didn't do it last series against Colorado and the same this series at 3-0 b/c a best-of-7 series isn't decided until somebody wins 4 games.

We've seen the Wings win 3 in a row in playoff series a bunch lately (Colorado, Dallas, and San Jose last year). They've certainly been capable of doing this.

We've also seem them lose 2 in a row in a playoff series recently (Vancouver 2002, Edmonton 2006, Anaheim last year). They've certainly been capable of accomplishing this unfortunately as well. Hell we've seen them lose 4 in a row before in 2001 LA and 1999 COL.

Nobody should be all that shocked that this has happened. Dallas just wasn't going to blow snot rockets in game 4 and game 5 giving the series to the Wings, and every team in the playoffs is capable of putting a winning streak together.

That being said, there should be concern obviously but no need for ultra-panic I think until IF (not when, IF) the Wings are trailing in game 7.

While I don't think much of home ice advantage in the grand scheme of things, in an elimination game 7, YOU WANT TO BE HOME IN FRONT OF YOUR FANS and with the last line change, etc.

No need to feel content or overconfident, and no need to panic either.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I'm never one that will sound overconfident or cocky when having such a large lead, didn't do it last series against Colorado and the same this series at 3-0 b/c a best-of-7 series isn't decided until somebody wins 4 games.

We've seen the Wings win 3 in a row in playoff series a bunch lately (Colorado, Dallas, and San Jose last year). They've certainly been capable of doing this.

We've also seem them lose 2 in a row in a playoff series recently (Vancouver 2002, Edmonton 2006, Anaheim last year). They've certainly been capable of accomplishing this unfortunately as well. Hell we've seen them lose 4 in a row before in 2001 LA and 1999 COL.

Nobody should be all that shocked that this has happened. Dallas just wasn't going to blow snot rockets in game 4 and game 5 giving the series to the Wings, and every team in the playoffs is capable of putting a winning streak together.

That being said, there should be concern obviously but no need for ultra-panic I think until IF (not when, IF) the Wings are trailing in game 7.

While I don't think much of home ice advantage in the grand scheme of things, in an elimination game 7, YOU WANT TO BE HOME IN FRONT OF YOUR FANS and with the last line change, etc.

No need to feel content or overconfident, and no need to panic either.

Are you serious?

It's been 10 years since the Wings lost a game when they had a chance to eliminate someone, with 13 straight victories during that streak.

Now they've already lost 2 straight after being dominant for so long in closing out a series. It's definitely something to be surprised over.

This team is playing with no confidence right now, and if we don't score first in game 6, expect this to come back for a game 7.

Are you serious?

It's been 10 years since the Wings lost a game when they had a chance to eliminate someone, with 13 straight victories during that streak.

Now they've already lost 2 straight after being dominant for so long in closing out a series. It's definitely something to be surprised over.

This team is playing with no confidence right now, and if we don't score first in game 6, expect this to come back for a game 7.

Yep. Don't sound so shocked either that I would take a middle-of-the road, trying to consider everything perspective.

Wings have blown big series leads before where they looked like they were dominant and then fell in the s**ter. Colorado 1999 and Los Angeles 2001, both lost 4 straight before.

Blowing a big series lead has happened before and while I'm not hoping it does again, it certainly can happen again.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

No.... we WILL be playing like the Wings of old...WE going to rub their noses in it, right in front of their crowd......

but not Robidas right?

Maybe someone could bump the "SEE! WE DIDN'T NEED A FORWARD!" thread that was horribly premature.

Remember, at the deadline Franzen hadn't scored in 2 weeks and had like 4 goals in his last 22 games. With Franzen out--and thus not producing--this is basically the team that we decided to go into the playoffs with.

This is why I got all pissy on deadline day, much to everyone's bewilderment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm confident the Wings will pull this one out and bring the Cup back to Hockeytown this season. But I'll tell you what: passing up on Hossa in favor of the likes of Flip and Sammy really, really hurts right now.