• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Welcome Pens Fans

Rate this topic

...and another one bites the dust!!!

I called him on it in the OP, then he was like "I'm not a troll" and enough people agreed so I removed him. Then he started his "homers" thread and was promptly banned.

Well, I guess I have some good judgment. :P

I called him on it in the OP, then he was like "I'm not a troll" and enough people agreed so I removed him. Then he started his "homers" thread and was promptly banned.

Agreed...he showed his true ignorant self with the economy crap posts....

Makes us all look bad...embarrassing

I also say welcome to the Pens fans ( well the ones who don't want to act a fool) and I am so looking forward to this match up! Already the Pens posters have shown that they actually have a knowlege of the game, which is a huge step up from the Nashville fans!

Its going to be great, I can't wait.... and may the best team win!! :thumbup:

Good... he gave Draper a bad name... ergh number

hey guys, thank you for the welcome and this forum is very nice BTW....

I'm coming in from Pittsburgh for game 2 and i'm sitting in Sec 209 Row 20...how is the view, anyone know?

Thanks and good luck in the series, it should be incredible!

Glad to see that there has been a reasonable discourse taking place, and if I can add my dos centavos:

Talking about who had an easier schedule -- out the window,

comparing regular season, or playoff stats -- out the window,

comparing head to head match ups (hasn't happened in over a hundred games) -- laughable to say the least.

I have grown tired of the idea that anything in hockey is actually predictable.

I do believe, as do some people who I have talked with who have been Pens fans for 10, 12, and 20 years that the Red Wings look to have the Pens out-matched, and will (I say should) win the series; the thing about hockey (and perhaps what I love most) is that being there means you might win (dare I say -- have a chance).

Three bounces can determine a series, and the Pens are at least good enough that they can get some bounces.

Pens fans:

I welcome you because your team embodies the kind of sportmanship that I love to see in hockey. Your team works hard, and wins battles.

I have come to expect the same level of class from Pens fans, and I know that should you lose you will not complain that "it was a bad call" or "what if..." because your team won't do it.

Everyone: the two teams that deserve to be in the Stanley Cup Finals are there, and one of them will win. If you worry too much about winning you just might happen to miss out on some great hockey -- this isn't (likely) going to be a sweep.

hey guys, thank you for the welcome and this forum is very nice BTW....

I'm coming in from Pittsburgh for game 2 and i'm sitting in Sec 209 Row 20...how is the view, anyone know?

Thanks and good luck in the series, it should be incredible!

great seats... nice sight lines.. you are right by the pressbox... you will have a great time!

Welcome Pens fans! I admit to having had a wee crush on Mario, and if the NHL must have a "face", Sid is a good choice. He looks good, speaks well, and has great talent. Some say he's over-rated. I say he's over-marketed, but that is what the NHL wants.

Just to give y'all a heads up.

1) If the Wings lose a game, panic will ensue amongst a certain set of the members here. Don't worry about it. In general, we're not crazy. We just aren't used to losing.

2) We will talk some trash. Please don't take it personally. It will not be directed at you. (I hope.) I'm sure there will be trash-talking on the Pens boards against us. This is to be expected during a fierce competition.

3) Some of us may not be as nice as others. Again, don't worry. We probably don't like those people either.

Enjoy your stay, and please consider staying around after the series is done. We've found some friends that way from teams such as the Avs and Ducks who make our board a better place.

Oh, and by the way.... Stevie is our patron saint. Any words against him will ensure your swift demise. Mwahahahaha.

I'd like to roll out the mat to the Pens fans too.... It's nice to have some rational folks from the other side to commiserate with.

I think it'll be a good match up, but not surprisingly I'm optimistic about the Wings' chances for many of the reasons already posted on this site. But at least the Pens are a fairly likable lot. Worst case, if the Wings happen to lose then I'll get to see a local kid (Adam Hall) win and my sons' will get to see the first player from the youth league they now play in raise the cup! But I don't think it's going to happen.

Game on...

Edited by Gizmo

I gained alot of respect for Detroit as a community by the way they embraced our fan base during Super Bowl XL

There are no two more deserving teams than the two that will face off Saturday.

It's much needed for both struggling communities as well....

This is a BLAST!!!

I gained alot of respect for Detroit as a community by the way they embraced our fan base during Super Bowl XL

This is a BLAST!!!

Yeah-don't forget that the Bus was born and raised here! :)

This is a BLAST!!!

No kidding this IS a blast, yesterday I bought my 1st Conf. Champ t-shirt in 6 years (too bad it's too FREAKIN' cold to wear it, Global Warming! BAH!!!) It's too bad the Pens will have to lose eventually :P but they will be VERY good for many years to come! As for Super Bowl XL, I still have the Terrible Towel I bought that weekend, I had to root for the Steelers in that game because I can't STAND Matt Hasselbeck. :lol: