• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ontario Wingsfan

Diamonds in the rough

Rate this topic

Now we need to sit back and wait for the story on TSN that says that Andersson is in negotiations to void his contract because he wants to fulfill his "lifelong dream" of working for the Maple Leafs. :rolleyes:

Now we need to sit back and wait for the story on TSN that says that Andersson is in negotiations to void his contract because he wants to fulfill his "lifelong dream" of working for the Maple Leafs. :rolleyes:

QFT. and lol

During the game 2 broadcast on CBC they panned to the Detroit press box. Sitting there from left to right was Holland, Nill, Yzerman, and Bowman. All I could do was smile. What an elite group of executives. Any team would die for just one of those four.

(edit for grammy)

Edited by rick zombo

QFT. and lol

During the game 2 broadcast on CBC they panned to the Detroit press box. Sitting there from left to right was Holland, Nill, Yzerman, and Bowman. All I could do was smile. What an elite group of executives. Any team would die for just one of those four.

(edit for grammy)

I nearly just fell out of my chair laughing. Every one of the names you've listed above have been rumored to be leaving Detroit for Toronto within the last year or so.

I notice the Sun article postulated that Andersson would have come along with Scotty to Toronto, if they'd hired him.

So yeah. Either the usual delusional crap from Toronto media, or the Leafs are the stupidest organization ever to turn down Scotty and Andersson. Both are equally likely and probably at least a little bit true.

This begets a question that I guess I could utilze The Google for, but sometimes its just easier this way:

Saw a pic of Fisch on the ice passing pucks at practice yesterday and was wondering if his name would go on the Cup (IF we're so inclined to partake :) ). Do execs names get on the Cup? If so, Hakan's should be at the top!

And when the Wings drafted Franzen, other teams were shocked. Few had him rated so highly.

:D

I bet you they were shocked and mad because by this time, they knew what was up!!!

When Scotty Bowman considered leaving the Red Wings for a position with the Maple Leafs last summer, he wanted to take Andersson with him. He asked the scout how much money he made and offered to almost double it.

OH NO!!! I would have crapped my pants! Thank God for the bonehead, Richard Peddie!!!

On August 3, 2007, it was reported that Bowman was offered the position of President of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Bowman later appeared in an interview on Hockey Night in Canada on January 12, 2008 confirming that he was very close to taking the job only to be turned away by Richard Peddie, CEO of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. (MLSE).

The current team has yet to enter its prime (the transition seem to be taking place as we speak though; Lidstrom is eg averaging almost 5 min less in TOI these playoffs compared to last year)...still there's Howard, Ericsson, Axelsson, Abelkader and other top prospects knocking on the door. How can you not smell a golden age coming for the Red Wings?

(knock on woods)

Edited by Wingman