• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeus Lizard

Pavel Datsyuk is gong to be HUGE tonight...

Rate this topic

Pav has been on FIRE on the road this post season, and I see no reason why he won't continue that trend tonight...I feel a three point game coming! Anyone else loving this guy right about now? Screw the people who dis him because he isn't North American, he is a hockey GOD!!!

Pav has been on FIRE on the road this post season, and I see no reason why he won't continue that trend tonight...I feel a three point game coming! Anyone else loving this guy right about now? Screw the people who dis him because he isn't North American, he is a hockey GOD!!!

Datsyuk is the greatest player in the league right now. I have NEVER seen him take a night off. Especially the past two years, the guy is a workhorse who never gives up.

Datsyuk is the greatest player in the league right now. I have NEVER seen him take a night off. Especially the past two years, the guy is a workhorse who never gives up.

*Nod*

If Pavel has a 3 point night, we win. I think this game hinges on him doing well.

*Nod*

If Pavel has a 3 point night, we win. I think this game hinges on him doing well.

For sure...the team does feed of Dat's success. I also think Franzen will have a bigger impact tonight as well. SO jacked up for the game!!!

WE have watched this kid change from a playmaker from when he centered Hull, to a gritty, haymaker throwing goal scoring machine, we are witnessing greatness on the ice. F cherry and his bias bull some times I wonder if cherries mind is in tact. SICKUM BOYS BRING THE CUP HOME TO HOCKEY TOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

He has been deadly on the road, and after his encounter with Roberts late last game, he will come out with even more steem! He is exactly what you call a Warrior, and tonight I expect to see that Warrior at full force

Dats will have a great night, so will Franzen! After the beating that Roberts and Malkin took, no one will want to come near them :sly: Crosby and coach T. will be busy consoling each other in the locker room while watching Yentil!

Always have loved Pavel, and now after throwing haymakers in game 2, the guy has gone over the top for me. He should be huge tonight. You guys are getting me so pumped, that I can't concentrate here at work.

Even without having any points in this series, Datsyuk has been the most dominating player IMO. He's creating chances almost every shift, he's throwing his weight around, he's taking the likes of Crosby, Malkin and Hossa off the puck, he's winning battles and he's back checking like mad.

Even showing that he will not back down or be intimidated by anyone on any team.

Dats has been golden.

Edit: He also leads the team in hits this playoff year, with 46

Edited by Elshupacabra

why isnt there any zetterberg praise here? I havent read a single thread about him and there is like 10 threads on dats on the first page. I really dont think dats has been better or much better than zetterberg. As an example, Zetterberg deked 4 dallas players and passed to dats for an easy tap in. He can make those plays also, plus he scored several short handed goals in that series.

zetterberg has been the best forward imo with dats just behind.

why isnt there any zetterberg praise here? I havent read a single thread about him and there is like 10 threads on dats on the first page. I really dont think dats has been better or much better than zetterberg. As an example, Zetterberg deked 4 dallas players and passed to dats for an easy tap in. He can make those plays also, plus he scored several short handed goals in that series.

zetterberg has been the best forward imo with dats just behind.

Datsyuk has been the defensive forward on the line. This allows more space and time for Zetterberg. And to point out one good play by Zetterberg, is asinine considering Datsyuk makes spinorama passes in every game.

Datsyuk has an insane ability to get the puck out of his own end and keep it in the other teams zone. While Zetterberg may be slightly faster, hes not as complete as Datsyuk.

Datsyuk has been the defensive forward on the line. This allows more space and time for Zetterberg. And to point out one good play by Zetterberg, is asinine considering Datsyuk makes spinorama passes in every game.

Datsyuk has an insane ability to get the puck out of his own end and keep it in the other teams zone. While Zetterberg may be slightly faster, hes not as complete as Datsyuk.

yes I agree, that said Z has also been huge for Detroit, I mean he leads in goals, points and plus minus. I am new here, and I am wondering if people dislike Zetterberg for some reason as Dats gets all the credit.

Datsyuk had a title of being a choker in the playoffs in the past. He clearly shed that last year and continued to do that this year. That's why you see more treads about Dats.

Also, Dat's is making more money then Z at this point and time so everything he does is just magnified that much more.

Edited by Elshupacabra

Datsyuk had a title of being a choker in the playoffs in the past. He clearly shed that last year and continued to do that this year. That's why you see more treads about Dats.

Also, Dat's is making more money then Z at this point and time so everything he does is just magnified that much more.

But wasnt Z labelled a choker in playoffs as well?

But wasnt Z labelled a choker in playoffs as well?

Not nearly what Datsyuk was and like I said, when Pavel started making 6.7mill/year his expectations grew just that much more.

Edited by Elshupacabra

Both Zetterberg and Datsyuk are playing great right now. I think the reason people are talking more about Datsyuk is because of how physical he has been. Let's face it, when there is a fight in a game, it gets a lot of attention from the fans. When that fight involves Datsyuk, everyone is going to be talking about him. A few years ago he didn't throw many hits, now he leads our team in hits and was even involved and initiated some rough stuff. Last year he had a hard time scoring on the road, this year that is where he is excelling. I think they are both better players than they were last year, but if someone would have told you last year that Dats would lead the team in hits, take on Roberts and Malone, finish with the best +- in the league (regular season), be 4th in scoring and a selke finalist, would you have believed it? Probably not. Now if they told you last year that Zetterberg would have the season he has had, completely dominate at both ends of the ice, selke candidate, lead the playoffs in scoring, you would probably say of course he will.

Both Zetterberg and Datsyuk are playing great right now. I think the reason people are talking more about Datsyuk is because of how physical he has been. Let's face it, when there is a fight in a game, it gets a lot of attention from the fans. When that fight involves Datsyuk, everyone is going to be talking about him. A few years ago he didn't throw many hits, now he leads our team in hits and was even involved and initiated some rough stuff. Last year he had a hard time scoring on the road, this year that is where he is excelling. I think they are both better players than they were last year, but if someone would have told you last year that Dats would lead the team in hits, take on Roberts and Malone, finish with the best +- in the league (regular season), be 4th in scoring and a selke finalist, would you have believed it? Probably not. Now if they told you last year that Zetterberg would have the season he has had, completely dominate at both ends of the ice, selke candidate, lead the playoffs in scoring, you would probably say of course he will.

Everybody expects this of Henrik. They expect him to lead the way in points, goals, plus-minus, the whole shooting match. But it's been Pasha who has led the way, not necessarily on the scoreboard or the stat sheet, but in all those intangible ways that don't show up in the stats at the end of the night. If you don't think this guy wants that Cup, and I mean wants it, you don't know Pasha. He wants to prove once and for all that he's worth what he gets paid, and believe me, he's definitely worth all of it, and then some.

Everybody expects this of Henrik. They expect him to lead the way in points, goals, plus-minus, the whole shooting match. But it's been Pasha who has led the way, not necessarily on the scoreboard or the stat sheet, but in all those intangible ways that don't show up in the stats at the end of the night. If you don't think this guy wants that Cup, and I mean wants it, you don't know Pasha. He wants to prove once and for all that he's worth what he gets paid, and believe me, he's definitely worth all of it, and then some.

That's my point, everyone expects it from Hank, even though we have seen this from Pavel for a long time.... it's like they are just noticing all the things Pavel does. Sometimes I think people forget that he has been throwing shoulders in to people and stealing the puck for a few years. He is stronger than he used to be and I think that has helped him to be more dominant and consistant. He is definitely worth what he is paid, and then some. Maybe he is trying to prove something to people, if he is, I think that it is more like "if you say I can't do it, I will show you I can. He wants to win and I don't mean just the game. He works his butt off every shift, he wants to win every single battle and when he does win the battle he just moves on to the next one. I think that is part of the reason why you see him improve so much every year, he doesn't like to lose, ever, so he works hard on what he is weakest at so the next time he wins. I always tell people Pavel plays the "that's my puck" game. They have his puck and he is going to get it. Right now I think he is playing the "that's my cup" game, and he will do whatever it takes to get it. He plays with a lot of heart (always has, even if people didn't think so). I also agree that some of his best games have happened when he doesn't show up on the score sheet. LOL, I just realized that I don't think there is a"weak spot" for him to work on anymore, but something tells me he will still be better next year!

Of course he will...he will have something else to prove then. If we win this year, he will be out to prove that he can lead the team to a repeat.

You're right when you say he has an attitude of "Don't tell me I can't do it, 'cause I will just to show you I can." He is a very stubborn person. You cannot doubt his heart and spirit, you have only to look in his eyes to see a fire that has been lit. He's playing with passion and determination. He was told when he was younger that he was good but he was too small. So what did he do? Went and got stronger.

There is not a weak spot in his game really. If there is, he'll work on it over the summer, and by the time we see him at camp, he'll have it perfected. It's the way he is.