• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 5 GDT: Penguins 4, Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

Despite dominating this game Detroit made some really bad decisions.

Everyone knows that OT hockey translates into an ugly GWG. Why on earth are the Wings still looking to ticky-tack their way to victory. JUST SHOOT IT. Oh, that's right, Sammy can't hit the freakin' net!

dude they shot plenty... Fleury was amazing...

That is so ******* unfair. These damn refs can go to hell. Not anything wrong ith the last call though but all they have not given for Detroit.

Well, the refs weren't at fault on that last call thats for sure. I will say that they didn't call enough penalities. There was constant hooking and obstruction going on.

There's no way we win in Pittsburgh. They have too much momentum now. We were 34 ******* seconds away. 34 ******* seconds. 34 ******* seconds.

Nah, thats what I said for Game 4 -- and we came back and stole that one. If the Wings come out and play 60 mins of hockey like games 1 & 2 we can piss all over that little s***-stinking bird at center ice and skate the cup!

Some people were saying they felt strangely calm during the OTs. I know that feeling, I've had it myself, and when I've had it, the Wings have won. But I didn't ever have it today. I just had a feeling it wasn't our night tonight.

Back to Pittsburgh.

i cant ******* believe this we had it we had it won i really hate tossign the blame on certain players, But if it wasnt for kronner tossing in his own net this would of never happened.

Advice...do I switch to my Lids jersey after this? (Zata jersey is 4-2 since the end of the Dallas series)

I hate being superstitious.

Might as well. It has a better record.

Zata for game #7 if it doesn't work out,though.

I'm off to work.

How come the Wings can't EVER get a goaltending performance like that.

Despite looking shaky in the 3rd and 3OT's Ozzie wasn't bad.

I'm just so sick and tired of losing to goalies - not the 18 skaters on the ice - which looked like an amateur team against the Wings.

And am I the only one that's sick and tired of watching goalies simply flop into the butterlfy and let their giant upperbody pads make saves for them. Fleury isn't the only one, I'm just tired of watching Heaton's pads decide more games than actual reflexes.

We choked, plain and simple.

Once again Franzen fails to clear a puck, and we lose in OT, due to a dumb ass play. This time it was Hudler instead of Lilja.

I've also lost faith in the Wings when it comes to keeping leads late in games. We got away with it against Nashville, but not tonight.