• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 5 GDT: Penguins 4, Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

Thats the best quote I have heard this playoff run.

Make no mistake about it, the Wings played sloppy in the first period resulting in the Pens taking a 2-0 lead. In the second period, they started to wake up, but still trailed. In the 3rd they came alive and came ready to play the game. They took a 3-2 lead, and then sat back and tried to play D.

Overall, I am very disappointed with the wings effort. They expected the Pens to just sit on their asses and let the Wings win the game. They didn't expect the Pens to come out with a strong effort and try to win the game. That is downright shameful. Even with the Wings puting 1 in their own net, and playing that sloppy, they came out in the 3rd period and dominated.

That should really piss every wings fan off. To see just how dominating they are when they put their minds to it. Instead of playing that way for the entire game, they bring it the 3rd period. Make no mistake about it, if the Wings played like that from start to finish every game, they would have swept the Pens. Instead, they play like ass and the general consensus here on these forums are that the Wings lost for other reasons.

Look in the mirror guys. You let them back into this series, and as I said before, this is going 7 games. Especially if you come out and play like you did in Game 5 and Game 3.

I have zero pity for the people who payed $2000 a ticket to watch the Wings last night. With the wings playing like they did, they didn't deserve to hoist the cup.

See you all for game 6.

If it goes to the Game 7 it's because the refs want it! I swear the refs make bad calls against the Wings! There's at least 2 or 3 bad calls against the Wings in every game.

If it goes to the Game 7 it's because the refs want it! I swear the refs make bad calls against the Wings! There's at least 2 or 3 bad calls against the Wings in every game.

Thats the biggest crock of s*** statement I have read on these forums.

One bad call on the Datsyuk penalty in the first period. Other than that, a very good job overall. The refs didn't make the Wings lose, the Wings lost it themselves.

Edited by Nightfall

One bad call on the Datsyuk penalty in the first period. Other than that, a very good job overall. The refs didn't make the Wings lose, the Wings lost it themselves.

Gotta disagree there with ya. You need to add both of the bogus 'goaltender interference' calls.

Whilst I don’t think the refs were as bad as some are making them out to be, surely you didn’t agree with the 2 goalie interference calls?

Whilst I don’t think the refs were as bad as some are making them out to be, surely you didn’t agree with the 2 goalie interference calls?

I don't think they were good calls, but I can't say I was surprised they were called so I understand the call and have to say I accept them. When I saw the play unfold in front of my eyes, I thought that a penalty would be called because contact was made and no penguins player was making contact to Hank or Cleary. Was contact made to the goalie? Yes.

As a goalie, if a forward drove the net, shot the puck into my pads and then ran into me, I would be a little bent thats for sure. Looking for a rebound and bumping the goalie are two different things. Especially when one of my defensemen isn't pushing them into me.

Edited by Nightfall

There is absolutely no way the refs gave this game to the penguins. But they sure as hell wanted too. Considering the circumstances, those goalie interference calls were among the worst, if not the worst I've seen in my entire life. You'd think that after the first one, the league would still be thanking the hockey God's that Pitts didn't score. And then they go and call that second one. I was in absolute disbelief at the time.

Personally, I don't care about the referees in that game. Detroit should have ended it in regulation and didn't. They have nobody to blame but themselves. Hopefully they play better tomorrow.

Edited by Nero

Crushing losses like this are what ruin a team... rationalize all you want, but the Wings aura of invincibility is at a trainwreck end. Hats off to both teams though, for one of the best hockey games I've ever seen.

Should make for an amazing Game 6 -- and dare I say, Game 7.

Doo bee doo bee doo.

Edited by BewareThePenguin

Crushing losses like this are what ruin a team... rationalize all you want, but the Wings aura of invincibility is at a trainwreck end. Hats off to both teams though, for one of the best hockey games I've ever seen.

Doo bee doo bee doo.

just curious where you've been before last night?

Doo bee doo bee doo.

someone please ban this obvious troll.

Damn, fans from s***tsburgh are by far the worst, noone but ******* pens fans troll here. Preds, Stars and even Avs were ok.

Just these ******* pens.

f*** YOU.

Doo bee doo bee doo.

you mean crushing losses like game 4 where the wings came from behind to win it? at the igloo? where the pens haven't lost at since blah, blah, blah

all that matters are the 60 minutes in front of you. games 4 and 5 just support this statement

you're pretty bad at this, by the way

The incompetence of the refs in the game and especially the 3rd period wasn't because of the calls the Refs actually made it was the lack of calls made. The refs allowed the Pens to hook, obstruct and trip pretty much non-stop. I just finished re-watching the game and trust me if the roles were reversed we would've seen Therrien s***tin' kittens. Between the lack of calls and the 15 (very slight exaggeration) redrops or tosses throughout the game Butnuggets wet dream of another game came true.

WINGS WIN GM.6/HOMER GETS CUP WINNER

There are two things that have been going through my head all day today..

One is '34 seconds.'

The other is a picture of Lidstrom skating around with a Cup. The fact that I love this team makes me want them to win the Cup... obviously.

More than anything though I want Nick to get the Cup while leading this team, and boy does he deserve it.

Win it for us boys, win it for yourselves, win it for Nick.

Detroit will win game 6.

Edited by cirov19

I'm scared for tomorrow. Both teams are going to be gassed, and I think Pittsburgh has so much momentum to feed off that they are going to be tough as hell to beat in one of the next two games.

35 seconds away......

eh... Pitts young stars looked way more gassed than our Old folks did. Put in Chelios and he would run the table with those young punks (assuming he wasn't all busted up still)

We will be just fine after last night

Mo' Hockey No Problem!

The Wings looked like a team that was affraid to win last night...

That late 3rd period goal by the Pens should have never happened.

Franzen since he's been back = BAD BAD BAD

Not only he can't buy a goal but he's creating turnovers after turnovers.

What a way to ruin a celebration!

while I was watching the game last night, I was honestly wondering what was going on in this forum. I was thinking about how the forum went during that last minute and then during the failed attempts in OT. Well, here's to tomorrow! GO WINGS!!!

while I was watching the game last night, I was honestly wondering what was going on in this forum. I was thinking about how the forum went during that last minute and then during the failed attempts in OT. Well, here's to tomorrow! GO WINGS!!!

That's a good point. I'm going to search for it now through the pages, right up to that moment when they tied it up.

I found it. On the bottom of page 94, things start getting a little nasty.

:lol:

Edited by GMRwings1983