• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Duck Guy

what is everyone's problem?

Rate this topic

Why do i see threads popping up about how osgood sucks and the mule sucks and in the GDT i see that Hudler sucks... wtf people they lost as a team why cant anyone grasp that simple concept... 50+ shots and they can not put this thing away that is called a TEAM EFFORT stop placing the blame on people that you where ready to make babys with just the other day my god :ranting: :ranting:

people are scared and in panic mode. Naturally, we see people's true colors.

I was at that game last night, it was a childhood dream of mine to see the wings win the cup in person, but who knows if that will ever happen now.

With that said, I'm more optimistic than most.

Look at it this way...they have to win 1 of the next two. I think the odds are pretty good! Hey, Pittsburg is a good team! You can't lay back on these guys...this is making for a great Stanley Cup! The prize is much sweeter when you have to work for it!

RELAX PEOPLE!!! The Wings will bounce back...

Venting after a loss is normal, but at least you don't hear the players slamming each other. NOONE is perfect (with maybe the exception of Nick Lidstrom). Everyone makes mistakes and I doubt that one play or one player is responsible for the loss. Stop jumping on and off the bandwagon. You're either a fan of the team and support them or you're not. Get over it. All the nay sayers would be singing a different tune if the Wings would have won last night.

:ranting::ranting::ranting:

its what fans do, fans gotta blame someone my friend. just the way the world of sports works.

I consider it a form of bandwagoning. Jump on when they are hot and root the team on. When the team plays like s***, jump off and burn them for it.

The problem is that a very vocal 30% of the fans here are bandwagoners and its shameful.

Why do i see threads popping up about how osgood sucks and the mule sucks and in the GDT i see that Hudler sucks... wtf people they lost as a team why cant anyone grasp that simple concept... 50+ shots and they can not put this thing away that is called a TEAM EFFORT stop placing the blame on people that you where ready to make babys with just the other day my god :ranting: :ranting:

Amen brother! I was going off about the refs myself. I have to admit I did get mad at Hudler for getting that OT penalty, but it doesn't mean I think he sucks. I still LOVE the Wings!

We just all have to calm down! Breathe.....

The Wings need to calm down as well and play smarter hockey. They were a little too high strung in the 1st.

GO WINGS!

Edited by Love Lidstrom

It would be great if everyone settled down now. The game is now history. Do you think the players are sniping at each other and rehashing who made which mistakes. Good Lord Almighty, I don't think so.

I was down after the game as well and really slept for about an hour. But now I can consider things with clearer eyes and here how I see it:

The team came back ferociously and played great for all but the 36 seconds or whatever. That's a positive.

As Pierre McGuire said at one point, the Wings are playing with house money. Even with the loss, they still have to just win 1, not 2. Another positive.

The Wings outshot Pens, by about a 2-1 margin. Outshooting the Pens has been a trend this series amd rest assured, Fluery and the Pens d cannot weather that kind storm for one, let alone two more games. Positive.

The Wings have a great locker room/awesome chemistry. Positive

Guest mindfly

Well Fleruy is really outplaying osgood and when he does that it means the wings D and O gotta be like 2x better than Pens D&O...If wings would've had a goalie like Turco/Ellis the few mistakes wings did wouldnt have been noticed.. sort of.

Lets face it; hockey is a bit of a random game. A goalie can steal a game, and weird bounces can have a significant impact on the outcome. You can truely outplay the opponent, but still loose.

Yeah, I'm bummed that we didn't win it at the Joe. And we may not win it at all. But I'm not gonna blame Franzen or Huddles. The game is a million miles and hour, things don't always go as planned, and plans don't always have time to get thought out. Its a game of quick responses, and remember; while your gnipping, he's gnopping.

Well Fleruy is really outplaying osgood and when he does that it means the wings D and O gotta be like 2x better than Pens D&O...If wings would've had a goalie like Turco/Ellis the few mistakes wings did wouldnt have been noticed.. sort of.

Fleury didn't outplay Osgood at all in games 1, 2, and 4, so you can't really accurately say that he is completely outplaying him this series.

The goaltender isn't the problem.

Good morning. I am glad this thread is here also. Thanks, Duck Guy.

Look: we lost 2 to Nashville, then won. We breezed through the Avs, unexpectedly. Then, we lost 2 to Dallas, but still won. We didn't really expect to win this in 4 or really even possibly 5. Now we've lost 2 games, BUT, we can still come back and win.

Keep believing! GO WINGS!!!

This is why you're one of my faves here, DG. Even if you like Anaheim. :ph34r:

We appreciate your imput. Who is saying everybody sucks? I saw 1 poster, make 1 thread about Franzen again failing to make an easy clear and it ending up being catastrophic.

Does that equal Franzen sucks? Nope. Just stating a fact that he had another chance to clear the puck and this clear would've sealed a Stanley Cup for us. He muffed it and now we go to Pittsburgh.

I love how you can't be critical of anybody anymore.

Just what I was thinking GS&T.

Nobody said Franzen sucks, they just said he failed to clear the puck and we could've won had he cleared it.

Now he is probably beating himself over it so there is no reason for us to.

Either way, you're right about it being a team effort.

We failed to score, and that's that.

I for one don't even care about last nights loss. It's just one more game the Detroit Red Wings fans get to watch :)

And humiliating the Pens on their home ice is always fun ;)

yeah i agree... i selfishly didn't want the season to be over just yet

Yeah we're not going to have 1,000 turnovers next game, we're not going to score in our own net again, we're not going to slip up again. And then their overtime goal went off the ref and took a bad bounce . That kind of stuff don't usually happen to us. Just bad luck tonight.

Even after all that mess, the Wings STILL roared back from down 2-0 to take the lead (That in itself is VERY encouraging to me.) all the way to 34 seconds left. The Red Wings are still the amazing team we've watched all season.

GO WINGS!

Guest GordieSid&Ted
I'm disappointed at how you've made yourself out to be a paragon of reason and calm and then have gone on such a useless rant as you've perpetrated across several threads tonight.

Get a grip.

Crymson, first off when the hell have I ever given people the impression that I am a calm person? You got me mixed up with somebody else I think.

Useless rant? That's redundant. To be quite honest, this thread, all the threads and the site itself could be called useless as well. Not like anything said here, good or bad has any real world effect on the games. So what's your point?

Franzen's non clear was one of the costliest gaffs in Finals history that I can recall. So what if I'm pissed about it. I'm not out there saying Franzen sucks or the Wings suck or the Pens are going to win. You don't see me panicking like some goofs around here.

It was a s***ty play and I am letting everyone know how s***ty a play I think it was. So what. Get that stick out of your ass and go be disappointed about something that matters in life instead of being disappointed in what I say here.

What are you my ******* mother or something?

I for one don't even care about last nights loss. It's just one more game the Detroit Red Wings fans get to watch :)

And humiliating the Pens on their home ice is always fun ;)

But winning it at home is always better

Guest GordieSid&Ted
But winning it at home is always better

I really hoped we'd get to win it at home. Not that it matters to me personally, living in Ohio.

Oh well, as a die hard Cleveland Browns fan also and long time Pittsburgh-hater, it might be nice to stick it to them in their own building.

Game 6 or Game 7, whatever. We're going to win this thing, its just a matter of time.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

If you have to find someone to blame.. don't blame the players, blame the officiating. That seems to be something (even the crosby-crazed NBC announcers) can agree on!

:blink:

No, actually I accept FULL responsibility for the loss! :(

Yesterday without even thinking I got dressed for the office, putting on black pants, and a yellow shirt! DUH! Then, I got home and realized the Wings flag had not been on the front of the house all day like it is for every game day. AND I didn't call my brother in law in Colorado before the game like I do, EVERY game.

These are unforgivable errors, that WILL NOT be repeated on Wednesday !! My apologies to all!

I'm looking at this as much as it hurts in a reality sense :

Reality#1 - As much as Pens fan's on some people on this board seem to thing we are still winning this series 3-2.

Reality#2 - We have outplayed the Pens for all but 3 or 4 periods of this whole series and we out played them by a ridiculous amount in the last 2 periods of reg and all of the OT last night. We ran into a red hot goalie and there isn't much more we could do last night to win that game.

Reality#3 - Game 6 is in their barn and they seem to have all the momentum right now but we can squash that momentum in heartbeat if we come out hard and score the 1st goal.

Reality#4 - We are the best team in the league, we are built on skill and experience and I feel very comfortable that this team will play a good game tommorrow night!! Will it be enough to win the cup? I sure as hell hope so!!

Here is my pattern... the team who won the opening faceoff lost the game EVERY TIME this series.

Please for the sake of my faith, let them take the puck to begin.