• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank

We will Win Game 6 by a landslide

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Wings havent played a 60minutes game so far in this series why would they do that in game6 and 7? they wont be able to handle the pressure even with the veteran team they actually are... you can't win against pittsburgh if you only play good in 3rd period and parts of an overtime... NOT GOOD ENOUGH, sorry.

Wings havent played a 60minutes game so far in this series why would they do that in game6 and 7? they wont be able to handle the pressure even with the veteran team they actually are... you can't win against pittsburgh if you only play good in 3rd period and parts of an overtime... NOT GOOD ENOUGH, sorry.

And how do you know this and that the Wings are done when game 6 hasn't even been played yet? It is entirely possible as well that Pittsburgh might not play a complete 60 minutes either.

Man I am trying so hard to remain optimistic right now, but winning game 6 is going to entail some hard hard hard work on the wing's part.

:butbut: <--- my face after talbot's goal

Take solice in the fact at how well the Wings played through 3 OT's. They got STRONGER as the game progressed. Each line was tenacious as hell in all 3 zones. Pittsburgh looked like they were skating in mud.

I have never, ever 'guarenteed' victory on this board or anywhere else. In fact, I've probably written the opposite more times than I should.

But I have a feeling about tomorrow. The Wings are angry and bitter about that loss. They know they deserved better. In years past that might have sunk them. But this team is as determined as any team I've seen.

They will dictate the pace. They will out-hussle, out-chance, out-hit and and out-score Pittsburgh tomorrow night.

We will see a 60 minute effort of epic proportions and Detroit will walk away with the Cup. Bank on it.

Guest mindfly
And how do you know this and that the Wings are done when game 6 hasn't even been played yet? It is entirely possible as well that Pittsburgh might not play a complete 60 minutes either.

By just watching the game, they didnt compete and execute well enough the the first two periods, even parts of the OT's were really bad but that is more understandable.

Bah, another thing that struck me, to win the cup at home feels so much better than on the road, the fans can take part of it better, now most fans will watch it on tv at home...

By just watching the game, they didnt compete and execute well enough the the first two periods, even parts of the OT's were really bad but that is more understandable.

And because of this, you are implying that they are in doomed beyond repair for the next game and game 7, when game 6 hasn't even been played yet and we haven't seen how EITHER team has come out yet?

i'm still extremely confident in game 6. that said, i'm effing fuming today. i've never been so angry in my entire life. not at the wings, not at the pens, not at the refs.....just at how things turned out last night.

i'm still extremely confident in game 6. that said, i'm effing fuming today. i've never been so angry in my entire life. not at the wings, not at the pens, not at the refs.....just at how things turned out last night.

yeah i think that sums it up best, cant even be angry at either team or the refs, just at how it turned out to be, what a horrible day

Guest mindfly
And because of this, you are implying that they are in doomed beyond repair for the next game and game 7, when game 6 hasn't even been played yet and we haven't seen how EITHER team has come out yet?

Not doomed, but most likely the teams wont change alot of how they play, especially not the red wings and with babcock as coach we all know how he coach and how their blueprint looks like, so its a higher chance that wings will play a similar game like game5 than to play a solid 60minutes-and-beyond game, im just being realistic here... Time will tell... I hope wings can surprise and really DOMIATE for the ENTIRE game, but i know that wont happen.

And winning by a landslide on their home-rink no less ??

Did we not do this in the first 3 rounds? We are a great team and this will be done.

Me too! I'm tired as hell! It took me to nearly 1:30 am to fall asleep and then I had to get up at 5:00 am for work.

I feel hung-over and I didn't even drink! I might as well get the fun of booze if I'm going to feel similar symptoms of drinking!

I just wish Franzen had ripped that clearing attempt down the ice. Who cares if it's icing? If the guys were tired, Babs could have called a timeout. Two years in a row that guy has muffed a clearing attempt with an empty net and a series on the line.

But I still have confidence.

Here will be the goal scorers for Game 6: Franzen, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Maltby and Samuelsson.

For Pittsburgh - Roberts.

yeah i think that sums it up best, cant even be angry at either team or the refs, just at how it turned out to be, what a horrible day

i put my son to bed while we were up 3-2 with time winding down, thinking, 'this is going to be one of the greatest games i've ever seen'.....2 hours later..... :(

I concur! I also made the mistake of saying 1 min, 50 secs, 45 sec... 40... 30...5555 f***!!!!!!!!

i kept telling myself its not over yet its not over yet....

my buddy called and said congrats (habs fan) with 5 minutes to go and i kept saying its not over yet

Under a minute left is when i said "ITS OVER :)".... and i knew it was too early...

crap lol

i kept telling myself its not over yet its not over yet....

my buddy called and said congrats (habs fan) with 5 minutes to go and i kept saying its not over yet

Under a minute left is when i said "ITS OVER :)".... and i knew it was too early...

crap lol

there is no other option but death for your friend.

Yeah, I have a similar story. I was texting my friend throughout the game. Mostly crap like "HELM!!!" and that type of reactionary stuff. But, during a break in the third with the Wings up a goal, I said something like "Man, I am shaking. I am so nervous." He asks me why and says we won the Cup. I promptly told him to STFU and not to jinx it. He said no jinx, trust me. They won. Not even a minute later, Max f***in' Talbot ties it up. Ugh.

Long story short, my friend is a douchebag and I am so pissed at him right now.

well we all know hockey is a game of superstition. thats why I got pissed when NBC showed the guy taking the Cup out. Then again with NBC having a hard on for the Pens i'm not suprised. Sure enough right after that break the Pens scored. I'm sure they will try and do it again. Lets GO WINGS

You don't really believe NBC showing the Cup is why the Pens scored, do you?

My concerns:

After games 1 and 2, the Wings haven't started well in the next three. Pittsburgh may ride an emotional high from this win, and with the fans and the noise, I think the Wings may play nervous again, and you know what that means...

Thats OK...they can be clearly the better team in games 6 and 7...still gotta score more than your opponent

We did score more than our opponent. Fortunately for the Pens, one of those scores was in our own net. Without that lucky bounce this game isn't even close.

The stars and planets must have aligned just right for Pittsburgh last night. What are the odds of them getting those kinds of bounces, the horrible calls in their favor, and Flower having the game of his life all on the same night? All series he's been a pale shadow of Osgood at the other end but last night he definitely brought his game or Detroit wins by about 7 goals.

I'm not going to go making any predictions but Hank does have some points. One thing is sure, the Wings physically dismantled the Penguins last night, add the injuries they inflicted on themselves and Malkin's lack of conditioning and I think they are going to have a hard time putting a good team on the ice Wednesday night.

People get all jacked out of shape about a loss and the way their team plays. They need to just take a breath and settle down. Mistakes happen.

The biggest issue I have with the way our guys played is the lack of pressure in front of Flower. I just about choked on my beer when I saw freakin Homer shooting from the point. He's got no business out there. He can't skate that well, has no real shot from more than about 3 feet out, and excels at one area of the game. We know from experience that the best way to beat a hot goalie is to get up in their face but for some reason we got away from that last night.

This run and gun bulls*** might make for exciting edge of your seat hockey but it is NOT Detroit's strength. In a game like that all it takes is one lucky bounce or odd man break to lose the game for you. I'd rather be sitting deep in my Lay-Z-Boy watching the guys protect a three goal lead that they put on the board by sticking with the plan that got them here.

Edited by Graybeard

My concerns:

After games 1 and 2, the Wings haven't started well in the next three. Pittsburgh may ride an emotional high from this win, and with the fans and the noise, I think the Wings may play nervous again, and you know what that means...

I'm of the belief that the Pens are more relieved than riding an emotional high.

You can see by the way some of the players are looking. Like they want this to be over.

They know they dodged a bullet and Detroit will take away more positives from this loss than the Pens will with the win.

Goals for the Wings:

Game 1: 4

Game 2: 3

Game 3: 2

Game 4: 2

Game 5: 3

Game 6: 4

I think the Pens are gonna have to score 5 goals if they want to take this. 4-2 or 4-1 Wings win it.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Wow...not quite too tired, overmatched, or overwhelmed last night huh?

Technically, Pittsburgh blew a 2 goal 1st period lead. So yes, for the most part Detroit ran the show last night.

Props to Pittsburgh for tying it at the most vital moment. That took some determination.

Overtime's were ass puckering, personally I feel the 4 minute penalty was a bit extreme in the 3rd overtime. I've seen lots of blood in the playoffs that doesn't result in penalties. The officiating is certainly lacking, but a goal is a goal, and in this case it just happened to be the win.

Pittsburgh is fighting hard for wins, and getting a few. I doubt they'll do it twice more.....but stranger things have happened.

Bottom line though, Detroit is still dominating the games more often than not.