• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BewareThePenguin

Getting a little nervous, Detroit fans?

Rate this topic

Nope

Edit: I guess I should explain my answer. The two games that we lost, were close and could have gone either way, and those were the two games where our guys didn't play a full 60 minutes. When they do play a full 60 minutes against the Pens, we've come out on top. With that said, there is not much to worry about.

Edited by Kween78

Guest mindfly

Not really, disappointed is probably the right word, but the league really gotta fix that goalieinterference rule, we had to play four minutes pk because of a rule that isnt 100% clear, its frustrating.

Just wondering if a crushing loss like that has raised the fear factor any.

Doo bee doo bee doo.

man they sure do crawl out of the woodwork when they win, not when its looking bleak though, wings in 6

Doo bee doo bee doo.

I suppose, as the underdog at this stage, the Pens would be a bit less nervous because still nobody expect them to win this anymore. So yeah, in a way, I could say Detroit is getting a bit nervous but I'd still rather be in our shoes than yours. I mean, all the credit to the Pens for winning last night but overall, most of your star players have flat our sucked this series, Fleury, Hossa, and Crosby excluded and in that order.

Doo bee doo bee doo.

Not one bit.

While the Wings got stronger and stronger through OT, the Pens looked like they were about to keel over. I can count on one hand how many quality chances Pitt had in the last 60 minutes of that game.

They were outright pathetic in OT.

Yup, the won. They got an earned PP and capitilized.

But the way they look, you would think it was PIttsburgh with a group of 40-year-olds skating around.

Heck Roberts is 42 and he has far more jump than Malkin who's only 21. He's completely disappeared because he doesn't have the mental fortitude to compete at this high level. He's a scared little ***** and he's about to be put to sleep for another 3 months tomorrow night.

Enjoy the win while you can.

P.S. It's nice to see that Pittsburgh has regained some fair-weather fans. Weren't you guy days away from being the Kansas City Scouts? They probably would be right now if Anaheim had won the Crosby lotterly.

"Doo bee doo bee doo" - translation "FORE!"

I suppose, as the underdog at this stage, the Pens would be a bit less nervous because still nobody expect them to win this anymore. So yeah, in a way, I could say Detroit is getting a bit nervous but I'd still rather be in our shoes than yours. I mean, all the credit to the Pens for winning last night but overall, most of your star players have flat our sucked this series, Fleury, Hossa, and Crosby excluded and in that order.

Doo bee doo bee doo.

Disappointed? Yep. Afraid? Never.

How, exactly, is losing in the 3rd OT "crushing?"

Doo bee doo bee doo.

sorry about my lack of computer skills and taking up room, first post, been a fan for 35 years and actually live in lonely little North Dakota, really stressed when we start shooting pucks in own net and not clearing pucks to win games but most of all worried about the refs, sorry this is not hte way I like to be but it is so obvious what is going on, Hudler call was obviously the right call but where was that call when Lidstrom got stuck earlier in series and two goalie interference calls were a joke, I do give the Pens full marks for toughness, heart and grit, these things are so damn hard to win I just worry when the chance will come again, been six years in between Cup finals, this is not something you can assume will just happen every year, the league is getting better all the time, do not mean to be negative just concerned

Doo bee doo bee doo.

Just wondering if you've honestly taken enough time out of your day to stop staring dreamily at your life sized Crosby cut out to come post a two sentence topic on this board

Heck Roberts is 42 and he has far more jump than Malkin who's only 21. He's completely disappeared because he doesn't have the mental fortitude to compete at this high level. He's a scared little ***** and he's about to be put to sleep for another 3 months tomorrow night.

Enjoy the win while you can.

P.S. It's nice to see that Pittsburgh has regained some fair-weather fans. Weren't you guy days away from being the Kansas City Scouts? They probably would be right now if Anaheim had won the Crosby lotterly.

Perhaps you missed the big city wide rally and "fair weather" grass-roots effort that forced the City Council to give in to the new arena demands? Oh I guess you were busy that day.

You could look at Malkin's slump as proof of his incompetence... or you could say the Pens are breathing down the Wings' necks right now, without Malkin having shown up yet. Imagine what happens if he does?

Anyway, hats off to both teams for providing one of the best hockey spectacles ever.

Edited by BewareThePenguin

Pitt has all the momentum in the world IMO. Course Detroit comes out on fire in game 6 and that could dissipate to meaning nothing very quickly.

I really don't think that's the case.

The Pens players know full well that they were dominated completely in the 2nd half of that game.

They knew full well that they were never, ever gonig to score 5-on-5 against us.

And they also know that not even lottery winners were as lucky as they were last night.

Right now they're all thinking "OMG! We couldn't even come close to skating with them. If Fleury isn't having the game of his life we will lose each and every time against that team. They are owning us in all aspects of this series".

And that's the truth. One man won that game for them last night. Their forwards were transparent.

Hudlers' carelessness with his stick gave them the only chance they had in winning that game. And good for them that they used it.

Because if that penalty doesn't happen this series is already done.

Only Crosby and Hossa can do anything even strength. Malkin looks like he wishes he and his hippo-jaw were safe at home, at ground ZERO of Chernobyl.