• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tiribulus

Vintage Datsyuk

Rate this topic

that was the 2002/2003 team..

HOW THE HELL DID THEY NOT REPEAT???

i still don't get that..

on paper it was better than the 2001/02 team..

great move there...made Jagr look like his usual lazy self

i still don't get that..

great move there...made Jagr look like his usual lazy self

Giggy made all the saves he had to make and then some and Cujo didn't.

If Luc's crossbar shot had gone in in that 1st OT of game 1, we advance and possibly build momentum for the Cup. As it was that crossbar stopped it, the Ducks eventually got one, and Giggy got in our heads. 20 saves and a crossbar in that first OT. You start gripping your sticks a little tighter after that. Then the pucks that got by Cujo weren't always of the greatest quality that year. Tough to overcome.

My, how things have changed. (In regards to that old thread about Naslund vs. Datsyuk). I know Naslund was good, but I never considered him THE best winger in the league. He never carried that terrifying "OMG He's going to score!" every time he touched the puck like so many others do.

And that Datsyuk move was sick. I can't believe we have him AND Zetterberg.

I saved that one from back then and stumbled over it recently. That was a double kick in the nuts there. First he just plain TAKES it from Jagar and them dekes Kolzig right of his drawers while knocking his water bottle off the net all in about 2 seconds. Did you notice the look of amazement on Hull's face LOL! Like WTF!!!

Guest LivingtheDream

Thanks! What was cool about that was that move. I almost thought that was a newer move he did on shootouts quite a bit, but he had it back then. Obviously he had it! Jesus, I love that guy. Man love oozing for Pavel.

And that Datsyuk move was sick. I can't believe we have him AND Zetterberg.

We can all thank Hakan Andersson for that, dude's got a gift.

We've seen that move hundreds of times and it never gets old. Not too mention, that might have been one of the first times he did that in the NHL.

God I miss UPN 50. :(

Guest Crymson

i still don't get that..

Two words: Dave Lewis.

Two words: Dave Lewis.

I'm totally against blaming goalies, but I wasn't too happy with Cujo either.

It's okay, he redeemed himself in 03/04.

That move is so impressive, I can't even do it in my dreams!

The funny thing is, it's such a simple, basic move that ANYONE can do, but there's something about the way that Pavs does it that makes it look so good and fools goalies most of the time.

The funny thing is, it's such a simple, basic move that ANYONE can do, but there's something about the way that Pavs does it that makes it look so good and fools goalies most of the time.

It's because those moves are simple, but they can only be done in a vacuum. It's much harder to do something like that while paying attention to everything else going on in the rink, moving quickly, having to make a split second decision on a goalie.

Zetterberg may be MVP, but Datsyuk's is coming, too someday.

Not to get too far off the subject, but I grew up in KS (where hockey leagues are almost non-existant), and never played hockey, so maybe I'm easily impressed. Hockey is one of those things that I developed an appreciation for when I was out on my own and could afford cable tv. In another life, I'm sure I would have taken up the sport.

Back on topic.

I think what makes Datsyuk's moves so impressive is that he knows how to set up the goalie at the right time, get him to over-commit to one side and then burn him. It has to be instinctive the way he does it. Timing is everything on this.