• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Olli Jokinen to Phoenix

Rate this topic

yes all 10 of them are fuming right now

Colorado or Minnesota

No way it's Colorado, they've been coming along nicely, and with a few moves and if they stay healthy they'll be right back where they were. Besides, the Wings haven't won a Cup since the 1950s without going through Colorado, so we should HOPE Colorado makes the playoffs.

No way it's Colorado, they've been coming along nicely, and with a few moves and if they stay healthy they'll be right back where they were. Besides, the Wings haven't won a Cup since the 1950s without going through Colorado, so we should HOPE Colorado makes the playoffs.

uh...did you watch the Colorado series this year?

LOL. You really think this makes your proposal to send two unremarkable forwards and a pick to Florida feasible?

Hudler is useful on the power play and the 3rd line. Kopecky is a grinder. Our pick is nearly second-round. How on earth does that compare to Boynton and Ballard?

Juri had 14 points in 22 games in the playoffs including 2 GWG - 4th among our forwards behind Z, Pavs and Mule. And people still want to trade him?

I'm really glad for Jokinen. He finally gets to play in a first class organization with a legitimate shot at the playoffs. Also, it's going to be amazing for him to play in market that actually cares about hockey!

Boy is he in a for a treat next season.

:blink:

Phoenix is a first class organization?

uh...did you watch the Colorado series this year?

Uh...yeah.....most of their talent was out at some point, they had no cohesion, and their goaltending sucked. Keep in mind they don't play the Red Wings every game all season, so they should get into the playoffs.

so we didn't win a cup in 1998 eh

I think you mean 1997 AND 2002. Both times, Colorado was the defending Stanley Cup Champs. How could we be so forgetfull VM1138? :rolleyes:

Woops, I got mixed up, I thought we played Colorado in 1998. Still, 3 out of 4 times is a pretty strong indicator.

Guest Crymson
Woops, I got mixed up, I thought we played Colorado in 1998. Still, 3 out of 4 times is a pretty strong indicator.

A good indicator of what? This year we annihilated an Avs team devastated by injuries. What does that indicate?

The rivalry is, for all intents and purposes, over.

A good indicator of what? This year we annihilated an Avs team devastated by injuries. What does that indicate?

The rivalry is, for all intents and purposes, over.

Why dont you try reading his original post before jumping on his back about something completely unrelated. His point about Colorado was that they're likely to be a playoff team next year and since weve gone through them 3/4 times weve won a cup, its been a good omen. Had nothing to do with the rivalry..

Guest Crymson
Why dont you try reading his original post before jumping on his back about something completely unrelated. His point about Colorado was that they're likely to be a playoff team next year and since weve gone through them 3/4 times weve won a cup, its been a good omen. Had nothing to do with the rivalry..

I was crashing his insinuation that omens even exist.

I think PHX needs to go hard after the top Dmen out there. If they can snag a top two and a top four Dman, they are definately making the playoffs.

If I were Wayne I'd demand Campbell to go with Ed. Then try to pick up Liles, Rozival, streit, or someone and then dominate.

I think PHX needs to go hard after the top Dmen out there. If they can snag a top two and a top four Dman, they are definately making the playoffs.

If I were Wayne I'd demand Campbell to go with Ed. Then try to pick up Liles, Rozival, streit, or someone and then dominate.

Because Phoenix needs to have two defensemen making 7m+ who are useless defensively?

The best thing Phoenix could do is to acquire a solid defensive stopper type. Mattias Ohlund is a name that comes to mind who might be available; he's a UFA at the end of the season, makes 3.5m, and is the fourth highest paid defenseman on the Canucks.

Jason Smith, Brad Stuart, Brooks Orpik, and Mike Commodore are names that would fit very well with what Phoenix needs to be looking for. If I am in charge of the Yotes, my goal this offseason is to come away with two of those five players, or someone comparable.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Because Phoenix needs to have two defensemen making 7m+ who are useless defensively?

The best thing Phoenix could do is to acquire a solid defensive stopper type. Mattias Ohlund is a name that comes to mind who might be available; he's a UFA at the end of the season, makes 3.5m, and is the fourth highest paid defenseman on the Canucks.

Jason Smith, Brad Stuart, Brooks Orpik, and Mike Commodore are names that would fit very well with what Phoenix needs to be looking for. If I am in charge of the Yotes, my goal this offseason is to come away with two of those five players, or someone comparable.

Jonovoski makes 7 Million? holy s***...

god i still cant belive this trade actaully happened.... its just so bizzare

Apparently the word is out on Jokinen:

One league executive, who team was rumored to be among those pursuing Jokinen, called the former Panthers center “a dog” late Friday night and said any talk of sincere interest on the part of his team was “a plant.”

We read and heard so much about Sidney Crosby and his leadership a few weeks back. Jokinen was not a good leader. First guy off the ice almost every practice. Very involved with his own issues. A negative influence for Nathan Horton who, with his significant role on the team, pulled down everyone else.

“This isn’t a guy you want on your team,” the league exec added.

Apparently, a lot of teams didn’t want him, or the price would have been higher.

How 'bout that Dan Cleary, eh? What a slug!

Thats a little different. Dan Cleary never had the statisical clout that would convince GMs and coaches to overlook the fact that he had a bad attitude and work ethic.

For all we know, Jokinen couldve been down in Florida being a Yashin type presence in the locker-room. God knows its possible considering Florida probably gets the least media coverage of any NHL team...