• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Redwingsfan18

Wings out of picture for Sundin, Hossa, Rolston

Rate this topic

Now if we'd just get out of the picture for Bertuzzi, everything would be set. I really can't believe the Wings are even interested in a washup like him.

I can't complain too much, because today has been great otherwise and Holland has been amazing with the Stuart and Conklin deals, but I just don't want Bertuzzi here. The guy does more harm than good.

Edited by Kp-Wings

according to TSN theyre in the Hossa mix.

I'm just the messenger in this case - but if Hossa would accept the one year deal I'm sure the Wings will still be in. Same with Sundin. Its the deals that go more then a year that is scaring the Wings off

that sucks that it seem's we won't be getting any of these guy's , but our team is strong . i'm pretty happy with what we have in all . one of them would have put us over the top and made us untouchable . but it wasn't meant to be .

now all i have to say is , bring back FEDS!!! :D:thumbup:

it doesnt meen they still wont come ... it means that they have made their offer and wont make any other offers anymore ... sundin and hossa could still take the offer

I think Hossa would have to accept less than 6 to come here long term,dont see that happening but Bob Mackenzie is usually right.

Edited by UP2HERE

I cant ******* believe Holland is still interested in signing Bertuzzi. Hes retained his entire Stanley Cup roster, minus the lateral move (if not improvement) in net, and I would personally call it an improvement. Now he wants to add a slow guy who cant skate well, doesnt backcheck and has proved to be bad karma for the last two playoff teams hes played on?

No freaking thanks.

Sundin....you know u waaaaaaaaaaaaaaana

Sundin I still see as possible. Hossa, if he would accept 1 year [don't think so].

We're cup favorites without either of them. If one of them signs for this year, holy s***.

i don't believe that we're totally out of the running for sundin. he is the perfect fit for a one year deal and leaving with no issues in 09. i guess that kinda leans on the wings winning the cup in 09 but they are essentially the same team as least season. they had the best record in the league without stuart playing as our #4 d-man. the goalie situation appears fine. it is also interesting to look at the young forwards whowe have, helm, that finnish kid (sorry i can't think of the name and am too lazy to look it up). unless sundin is out for a payday, the wings are the best option. if he doesn't care about a cup, and wants 10 mil, then by all means let him go play in vancouver. hell by going there he can make his april tee times at his favorite golf course a year in advance.

1st thing for Holland was to have a deal in place for Zetterberg... More he's waiting more Zetterberg price is going up. When you see deals that Tampa gave to Malone or Philly to Carter you can except Zetterberg going for big money ($8M). With deal in place for Zetterberg - then you can go after FA's. I don't know why he signed Lilja for 2 YEARS ($2.4M).

Did they made any kind of offer to Rolston?

According to TSN's NHL Free Agent Frenzy: Yes. They said we are one of four teams and they expect him to sign soon. They also said the Wings were in the running for Hossa. I don't know if I believe the story.

Bertuzzi or Naslund seem to be possible now. Satan is out there too isn't he? Sundin might still happen but I doubt it. eh what ya gonna do? I would rather be good for years and maybe have money down the line rather than have no room to add guys later, Im looking at you NYR.

Edited by StevieY9802

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Kind of a bummer..

I was kind of hoping we might nab Sundin or Rolston..

I wouldn't mind Bertuzzi, but at the same time i'am not jumping up and down. But i think people are overly critical of Tuzzi's skill level.

Time to skim over the FA's to see who we might be interested in.

I really don't see how the wings can be in the running for sundin or hossa, just maybe rolston and that's a stretch. As it stands the wings have 9.97mil of space for next season and after you figure in flip's 3-3.5mil he will get this next season then also the contracts of chelios, jimmy howard, the enforcer (mac or downey), and a young defenseman (quincey or ericsson) that leaves us about 4.5 to 5mil max space for next year. Obviously considering the numbers thrown around so far hossa or sundin will command far more than that and even with the usual detroit discount it still wouldn't come down that low, rolston would probably command at least 5mil maybe 6 on the market so with a discount it would still put us right at the cap and we know holland always likes to have some wiggle room at the deadline. So it just isn't possible to land any of these players, maybe I'll eat my words but I doubt it.

Guest mindfly
TSN reports Wings offer for Hossa is 7 years for about the same as Pavel.

wow... i really hope that greedy hossa think about the possibilities of winning the cup and not becoming blind on all the 10M$ offers... :(