• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:46 PM

Good thing we signed Lilja, he can take down Avery on a regular basis with him in the Western Conference.

#2 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

hahaha yepp.
good to know there's no grumblings about him coming back here. this is an organization of class, right?

#3 KronwallCRUNCH

KronwallCRUNCH

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (kylee @ July 1, 2008 - 08:48PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hahaha yepp.
good to know there's no grumblings about him coming back here. this is an organization of class, right?

Avery never broke anybody's neck.

#4 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

i like avery, but i know alot of people have bad feelings about him and dont want him back. But now that he may be going to another West Coast team and we will have to playhim more often dont you have the feeling of "i wish we had him on our team just so that we wouldnt have him on the oposing team 8 times a year"? Not even a little?

#5 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (KronwallCRUNCH @ July 1, 2008 - 08:49PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

touche!

#6 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

Bertuzzi has about the bite of a toy poodle right now. Hes a pretty subdued player nowadays. Avery, on the other hand, probably won't stop until someone breaks his neck.

Either way, I dont want either on the Wings.
It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#7 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:52 PM

It'll be fitting if he goes to Calgary. Dallas has too much class for him. Meanwhile, he'll probably be best pals with Igoonla.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#8 Dump-N-Thump

Dump-N-Thump

We're coming for you Jackman!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:53 PM

It'll be Dallas..

#9 I_heart_Flipper

I_heart_Flipper

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:04 PM

I hope you'll forgive me, I'm kinda new here... but do you guys really feel that Andreas Lilja is some kind of defensive force? He can hit well, but he's no Scott Stevens or Mark Tinordi, he's not even Nicklas Kronwall. He's just physical enough when it counts, his crease clearing is suspect, and he certainly doesn't intimidate any opposing forward. And if you think Sean Avery is going to give a second thought about Lilja as he skates around him, you are only deluding yourselves.

There's a reason a guy like Lilja gets 1.1 million in an overblown NHL defenseman market. He's a 5th guy at best. Is he decent? Sure. Is he superhuman? Hell no.

Unless this is just a big, ironic joke I haven't gotten yet...

Edited by I_heart_Flipper, 01 July 2008 - 09:06 PM.

Trade Hudler

#10 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (I_heart_Flipper @ July 1, 2008 - 10:04PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope you'll forgive me, I'm kinda new here... but do you guys really feel that Andreas Lilja is some kind of defensive force? He can hit well, but he's no Scott Stevens or Mark Tinordi, he's not even Nicklas Kronwall. He's just physical enough when it counts, his crease clearing is suspect, and he certainly doesn't intimidate any opposing forward. And if you think Sean Avery is going to give a second thought about Lilja as he skates around him, you are only deluding yourselves.

There's a reason a guy like Lilja gets 1.1 million in an overblown NHL defenseman market. He's a 5th guy at best. Is he decent? Sure. Is he superhuman? Hell no.

Lilja hasn't been an 'enforcer' for about 3 years. I'm not sure why people think he is now.

Avery goign to Dallas could be trouble. Their team was formidable enough, and they're only getting stronger, like I predicted.

We will face Dallas again this year in the playoffs, mark my words. We're the only two teams who were great, and are ONLY getting better.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#11 KevinD

KevinD

vapour trail

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (I_heart_Flipper @ July 1, 2008 - 10:04PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes it's a joke. we/they call him the Pain Train. relax and let the irony/humor roll. (rookie) wink.gif
IPB Image

i'm gonna be a member of DOKAPASAPA, just you wait and see. or maybe DOPASAPA.

#12 I_heart_Flipper

I_heart_Flipper

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (KevinD @ July 1, 2008 - 10:25PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes it's a joke. we/they call him the Pain Train. relax and let the irony/humor roll. (rookie) wink.gif

Wow. Thank the (equally ironic) Hockey Gods... I thought it was a buch of square wheels up in here. exclamation.gif

Trade Hudler

#13 wingsrock34

wingsrock34

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:41 PM

My money is on Dallas

#14 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:52 PM

imagine Avery and Ott... as annoying as a couple of mosquitos in your tent.

#15 I_heart_Flipper

I_heart_Flipper

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Grim @ July 1, 2008 - 10:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
imagine Avery and Ott... as annoying as a couple of mosquitos in your tent.

Ott at center, with his greatly improved backchecking, Avery with his offensive skills, and whoever else doing more crashing (CromBeen? Barch? scared.gif ) That is one hell of an irritating, aggravating 4th line. I friggin love it

Trade Hudler

#16 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (I_heart_Flipper @ July 1, 2008 - 10:02PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ott at center, with his greatly improved backchecking, Avery with his offensive skills, and whoever else doing more crashing (CromBeen? Barch? scared.gif ) That is one hell of an irritating, aggravating 4th line. I friggin love it

Definitely could be.

I go back and forth between Avery. He's definitely improved offensively and the like esp. since going to New York from Denver, but he's still a basketcase at times. Just too much emotional baggage I think for any chance that I'd want him to be back on the Wings.

#17 NEpats1028

NEpats1028

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:20 AM

its calgary. he fits their gritty style perfectly and will work well on a 2nd or 3rd line with all their grinders.

#18 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:13 AM

I don't really care.

He sucks.

Edited by rage, 02 July 2008 - 02:14 AM.

Posted Image

#19 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:36 AM

Give him time. Although I think its more likely he will break his own neck flopping to the ice after being tapped by an opponent.

#20 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:52 AM

it doesnt matter WHERE sean avery goes, the Pain Train is alwayss on time !!