• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Phazon

Will Lidstrom reach 1000 points next season?

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Hoping he does, but I'd say 50/50. He's achieved more points lately, but not 62+ consistently enough. Seems if he even has a semi-usual year in plus/minus, he will reach +400.

Guest Four
LOL when I first saw this thread I thought we were talking about 1000 pts in a single season...LMAO!

Same! I was thinking like NHL 08 s*** rofl

LOL when I first saw this thread I thought we were talking about 1000 pts in a single season...LMAO!

lids could do it if he tried :P

Hoping he does, but I'd say 50/50. He's achieved more points lately, but not 62+ consistently enough. Seems if he even has a semi-usual year in plus/minus, he will reach +400.

Hes reached that mark 4 out of the 5 past years. He had 70 this year in his shortest season ever played (excluding 94/95 of course). I might agree with you, but having Rafalski as an impressive right-handed complement should make it easy for him to snag 62+

He should be able to hit that mark without too much of a problem. He put up more points last year, and that was with an injury that sidelined him throughout February, and with Hossa on the team this year (regardless of whether he's a 1st liner or 2nd liner), our offensive numbers as a whole should be higher than last year's, and Lidstrom will definitely see his share of the points.

Guest Crymson

Since the lockout, he has done extremely well in the points department.

Here's a more arguble one, who will be the leading point scorer on D?

Lids will hit the 1000 mark next season.

Mike Green, Dion Phaneuf, Scott Niedermayer, Sergei Gonchar, Chris Pronger, Zdeno Chara, and even Rafalski can all be possibilities to be leading point getters... But it's undisputable to predict Lidstrom as the favourite.

Guest Shoreline
Since the lockout, he has done extremely well in the points department.

True, but not consistently enough over his career for me to call him a lock for 1,000 points this next season.

Edited by Shoreline