• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Opie

Bergeron

Rate this topic

ok so the article isn't that in depth and the only quote from him is in the topic description but good sign I guess!

Damn it!, why must I always spell his last name wrong!!!!!!!!!! ASSHAT!!!!!!!!

WILMINGTON -- Patrice Bergeron, Manny Fernandez, and Providence assistant Rob Murray were the only Bruins to hit the Ristuccia Arena ice this morning upon the opening of the second annual development camp.

Bergeron and Fernandez skated for approximately one hour. They went through basic shooting drills with help from Murray. During one drill, Murray and Bergeron tangled in front of the net for loose pucks.

"I'm feeling good," said Bergeron, who weighs about 190 pounds and has been symptom-free all summer. Bergeron has been working out six days a week in Quebec City.

Fernandez also said he felt good, noting that it's the healthiest he's been in two years. Fernandez acknowledged he felt occasional discomfort in his left knee toward the end of the season, but said he is pain-free and has been skating three times a week in his native Montreal.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins...wrap_day_1.html

Edited by Opie

Unfortunately, concussions are an injury that is too easy to reaggravate.

Lindros said he felt O.K. on many occasions also. Just ask the Rangers how that turned out.

Oh, I have a bad feeling about how this will turn out long run, but I saw the news and thought I would share.

Good to hear. I would love for him to get back on track. I signed him and his brother on NHL 05 and always enjoyed watching him when Bruins games were on. Probably my favorite Bruin.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Pardon my dumbness but who is his brother. Im sure ill know it once you say it..

Patrice really screwed my fantasy hockey team last year... one of my first picks and bam injured..

Unfortunately, concussions are an injury that is too easy to reaggravate.

Lindros said he felt O.K. on many occasions also. Just ask the Rangers how that turned out.

I was never a huge fan of Lindros but I was still a fan. I hate when a career is cut short.

Pardon my dumbness but who is his brother. Im sure ill know it once you say it..

Patrice really screwed my fantasy hockey team last year... one of my first picks and bam injured..

Marc-Andre Bergeron, has played for Oilers, Islanders, got traded to the Ducks, and now has signed with Minnesota.

He's very much in the mold of Janne Niinimaa, or however the hell you spell it.

I sincerly hope he is doing better, and can resume his career. My two favorite sports are Hockey and Football, and I have seen WAY too many careers cut short by concussions. I am still convinced Pat Lafontaine would have SICK scoring numbers if he had been able to be concussion free during his career. My son plays football, and my nephew plays junior hockey, and I worry about them both getting their brains rattled everytime they play......

Concussions and p.c.s. are no joke!

Guest Dump-N-Thump
Marc-Andre Bergeron, has played for Oilers, Islanders, got traded to the Ducks, and now has signed with Minnesota.

He's very much in the mold of Janne Niinimaa, or however the hell you spell it.

I dont think they are brothers, I can assume that by looking at photo's Patrice looks like a Dark French Canadien as Marc is a light skinned feller.

Now you got me hittin up wikipedia to see if its right :P

http://playground.nesn.com/blogs/tapped_in...09/3187159.aspx

On Oct. 27, 2007, I had my most difficult broadcast of all time. There was 3:53 remaining in the first period of the Flyers-Bruins game, and Gord Kluzak and I were getting ready for our first-period breakdown during the intermission. At that moment, Flyers defenseman Randy Jones had a questionable hit on Patrice Bergeron, and he lay motionless on the ice.

I’ve never seen a sports injury like that in person, and I had minutes to compose myself and focus on delivering the story -- without speculation. I was so thankful Gord is as professional, verbose and talented as he is. He helped me through the rest of the game, and I did the same for him.

In the final minutes of the post-game show, we learned that Patrice suffered a grade-three concussion and a broken nose. He would walk again. I breathed a sigh of relief.

Although Patrice missed the remainder of the season, he turned a new page on July 8, 2008: He's ready to begin the 2008-2009 campaign for the Bruins. Patrice took the ice at the Bruins' development camp that was being held for the young prospects in the organization.

The soon-to-be 23-year-old looked like the Bergie of the past. He was showcasing the incredibly gifted skills that have allowed him to play four years in the National Hockey League. It's hard to say what the long-term effects of his injury will be. When the puck drops on the new season, Bergeron will be given a fresh start.

But what about the danger areas of the ice? What about the first hit he takes? Will it affect his game? I have a chance to sit down for a one-on-one conversation with Patrice on July 11, and I'm excited and anxious to discuss his future. He's proved that the past is behind him, and the Bruins will need their second-line center back this year.

We last sat down for an interview in December, when Patrice could barely walk for more than 10 minutes at a time. But this time, just like the post-game show back on Oct. 27, I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that our conversation will be much more positive, encouraging and exciting for Bruins fans than the last one.

But the biggest breath of fresh air will come this fall, when No. 37 takes the ice again, wearing the Black and Gold sweater.

Another article on Patrice, however if you go to the link the pic in the article is of Lucic?

If she puts the interview online I will post that here as well, the last interview I saw of him, he was not Bergie, he was a solemn dark man who was not his jovial self. It would be good to see the spark back in him especially when you figure he isn't even 23 yet!