• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

slavetothehotlight

Wings still in Sundin Mix?

Rate this topic

Listen,

He could pull a Kariya, and come to the Wings for cheap, cheap, cheap. The guy has made his money, and hasn't he already said that he only wants to go to a contender? In my mind, that eliminates Vancouver.

I think there are just a handful of places which could give him a real shot. Anaheim, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Montreal, and maybe a couple of others could be debated. Vancouver just has too many missing pieces. Their blueline is not substantive enough to be considered contenders. Which is sad for Luongo.

also....

Is anyone here an insider that could get the text of that article and post it here?

Geez, could you imagine our top two?

Holmstrom - Datsyuk - Zetterberg

Franzen - Sundin - Hossa

and then that bumps Flip down to the third line

Fillpula - Hudler - Cleary

McCarty - Draper - Maltby

Now, I don't think this is EVER going to happen, but if Sundin did come to the Wings on the cheap, Sammy IS gone, and Kopecky, Helm, Leino, and Downey are all in GR to start the season.

Insider Article

"Don't believe the rumors you read in Swedish newspapers.

Claes Elefalk, the Swedish representative for unrestricted free-agent center Mats Sundin, flatly denied a report from the Daily News that Sundin had decided to take Vancouver's $20M, two-year offer, according to TSN.ca.

Elefalk told TSN.ca that a Daily News reporter called to ask for a quote and although Elefalk told him that his information was incorrect, the reporter still went ahead with the story.

Canucks GM Mike Gillis restated his interest in Sundin last week and told a Vancouver radio station he was encouraged to continue an on-going dialogue and was confident Sundin would eventually accept his offer, according to TSN.ca.

"The Vancouver offer and the time that Mike [Gillis] has spent with Mats is important," Sundin's agent, J.P. Barry, told TSN. "But ultimately Mats has to decide to play and that is the first step here."

Nine teams originally had been in on the bidding for Sundin, including the Canadiens who had offered $16M for two years, according to the Toronto Sun.

Various reports have the Rangers and Red Wings still in the mix while returning to captain the Maple Leafs remains a possibility, although they have reportedly offered just a one-year, $7M deal.

Vancouver's offer includes a $5M signing bonus, $5M for this season, $5M due July 1, 2009 and another $5M to play in 2009-2010, according to TSN. "

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
also....

Is anyone here an insider that could get the text of that article and post it here?

Geez, could you imagine our top two?

Holmstrom - Datsyuk - Zetterberg

Franzen - Sundin - Hossa

and then that bumps Flip down to the third line

Fillpula - Hudler - Cleary

McCarty - Draper - Maltby

Now, I don't think this is EVER going to happen, but if Sundin did come to the Wings on the cheap, Sammy IS gone, and Kopecky, Helm, Leino, and Downey are all in GR to start the season.

Or the Wings could just bench McCarty for a much better defensivley and offesneivily player.

Insider Article

"Don't believe the rumors you read in Swedish newspapers.

Claes Elefalk, the Swedish representative for unrestricted free-agent center Mats Sundin, flatly denied a report from the Daily News that Sundin had decided to take Vancouver's $20M, two-year offer, according to TSN.ca.

Elefalk told TSN.ca that a Daily News reporter called to ask for a quote and although Elefalk told him that his information was incorrect, the reporter still went ahead with the story.

Canucks GM Mike Gillis restated his interest in Sundin last week and told a Vancouver radio station he was encouraged to continue an on-going dialogue and was confident Sundin would eventually accept his offer, according to TSN.ca.

"The Vancouver offer and the time that Mike [Gillis] has spent with Mats is important," Sundin's agent, J.P. Barry, told TSN. "But ultimately Mats has to decide to play and that is the first step here."

Nine teams originally had been in on the bidding for Sundin, including the Canadiens who had offered $16M for two years, according to the Toronto Sun.

Various reports have the Rangers and Red Wings still in the mix while returning to captain the Maple Leafs remains a possibility, although they have reportedly offered just a one-year, $7M deal.

Vancouver's offer includes a $5M signing bonus, $5M for this season, $5M due July 1, 2009 and another $5M to play in 2009-2010, according to TSN. "

Hmmm, my English comprehension isn't that good but is this article saying the the WINGS have offered him a 7 mill deal? If that is so its complete utter bulls***. Only way Sundin gets here is if we ship off one of our d for a draft pick, and he signs for leauge min

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hmmm, my English comprehbension isn't that good but is this article saying the the WINGS have offered him a 7 mill deal? If that is so its complete utter bulls***. Only way Sundin gets here is if we ship off one of our d for a draft pick, and he signs for leauge min

I think it says Toronto offered him. I could be wrong tho.

Or the Wings could just bench McCarty for a much better defensivley and offesneivily player.

Hmmm, my English comprehbension isn't that good but is this article saying the the WINGS have offered him a 7 mill deal? If that is so its complete utter bulls***. Only way Sundin gets here is if we ship off one of our d for a draft pick, and he signs for leauge min

That means Toronto offered him 1 year @ 7. It says Detroit and New York are 'in the mix', but no dollar amount is given.

Holland has said that after the Hossa signing that he was done in the free agency market. I wonder what he would do if Sundin's camp rang and asked for a 1yr deal

in the 3.5-4m range? This is highly unlikely but stranger things have happened before.

Would Kenny consider it and what options would he have in getting the deal done?

Well, with 10 D on the books, the possability of letting 2 of these and 1 roster fwd go

may make enough space on the books to accomedate Sundin. But losing 3 players &

the probable departure of Sundin at the end of the year would surely be to big a gamble

for Kenny to take. Outside chance yes, actually happening very unlikely.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hate to tease you all, but can you imagine the line possibilitys with two top ten forwards an two top 20 forwards in the leauge?

What if Sundin now realizes the chances of the Wings winning the cup this year is better now with Hossa. Maybe thats what hes been holding out on us all. I dunno its fun to speculate. Again if for some reason the hockey gods makes him sign a cheap 1 yr deal with Detroit, I will cry. Or need help. :)

Anyone else think that by Hossa jumping in quick to be a Wing kinda buggered Sundins

plans, and he now really does have a dilema on who to sign for. Mats, hang em up son.

All the trains with any hope of winning the cup this year have left the station mate!

Anyone else think that by Hossa jumping in quick to be a Wing kinda buggered Sundins

plans, and he now really does have a dilema on who to sign for. Mats, hang em up son.

All the trains with any hope of winning the cup this year have left the station mate!

No, I don't. Kenny said in an interview after he signed Hossa that Sundin didn't express very much intrest in being a Wing.