• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CrossoverThrash

Stuart 6?

Rate this topic

Has he switched back to 6, that is how it is in NHL 09.

Number 6 is retired (Larry Aurie), but not in the rafters as per refusal by Ilitch.

Edited by BeeRYCE

Stuart will not be #6. I shouldn't need to explain why.

EUZ,

I used to aplaud your use of statistics and logic in your posts. Lately you seem very bitter and sarcastic. What happened? Is everything ok? Anything I can do?

Yeah I don't get why EA would make him #6 after he wore 23 last year for us. They must just have one guy who does all that stuff and since he has to go through 600 players, he probably just missed a few. Same thing as them spelling Kronwall, "Kronvall" with the V instead of W in the game. They must've used the NHL.com score sheet, since that's how it's spelled on there due to a VISA error when he and his brother came over to the States. The correct way is with the W, obviously since that's how he has it on his jersey in real life. Some people think the V spelling is his Swedish version, but it's not, it's just a mistake.

Guest Crymson
Yeah I don't get why EA would make him #6 after he wore 23 last year for us. They must just have one guy who does all that stuff and since he has to go through 600 players, he probably just missed a few. Same thing as them spelling Kronwall, "Kronvall" with the V instead of W in the game. They must've used the NHL.com score sheet, since that's how it's spelled on there due to a VISA error when he and his brother came over to the States. The correct way is with the W, obviously since that's how he has it on his jersey in real life. Some people think the V spelling is his Swedish version, but it's not, it's just a mistake.

EA doesn't pay much attention; for example, Lebda's speed and acceleration are both in the low 80s.

Shhh... Don't even hint at another Kronwall vs Kronvall discussion. My mind is still numb from the last one..

Maybe Aurie used to steal Ilitch's lunch in school or something like that.

With that said, even with his apparent dislike of Aurie, I don't think Ilitch would stoop so low as to allow Stuart to wear #6.

Aurie's No. 6 jersey was officially retired by Wings owner James Norris after the 1938–39 season, and his retired jersey was displayed in the Olympia Stadium lobby during the 1960s. However, current Red Wings owner Mike Ilitch has for some unknown reason refused to hang Aurie's No. 6 from the rafters at Joe Louis Arena with the other six retired numbers. Aurie's No. 6 was reissued only once, to his nephew Cummy Burton, with the family's blessing.

The other retired banners hanging in Joe Louis Arena without Aurie's No. 6.Aurie's No. 6 had been listed as retired in the Official NHL Guide and Record Book since 1975, when retired sweater numbers began being featured in the book. At the time, three numbers were listed as being retired by Detroit: Aurie's No. 6, Gordie Howe's No. 9, and Alex Delvecchio's No. 10. Before the 2000–01 season, Ilitch ordered the number removed from the publication - again without explanation. His refusal to honor Aurie in the same manner as the other Red Wings players with retired numbers remains a mystery to the hockey world. There are many theories, but nothing firm has ever come from the front office, or Ilitch himself.

Maybe Aurie used to steal Ilitch's lunch in school or something like that.

With that said, even with his apparent dislike of Aurie, I don't think Ilitch would stoop so low as to allow Stuart to wear #6.

Most common theory is that it is because Aurie is not in the HOF. Obvioulsy, neither is Yzerman but we all know that he is a shoe in as soon as he is eligeable.

Most common theory is that it is because Aurie is not in the HOF. Obvioulsy, neither is Yzerman but we all know that he is a shoe in as soon as he is eligeable.

I dunno. I don't have a better theory, but it seems spiteful of Aurie. It's not his fault he didn't get voted in.

Aurie's No. 6 jersey was officially retired by Wings owner James Norris after the 1938–39 season, and his retired jersey was displayed in the Olympia Stadium lobby during the 1960s. However, current Red Wings owner Mike Ilitch has for some unknown reason refused to hang Aurie's No. 6 from the rafters at Joe Louis Arena with the other six retired numbers. Aurie's No. 6 was reissued only once, to his nephew Cummy Burton, with the family's blessing.

The other retired banners hanging in Joe Louis Arena without Aurie's No. 6.Aurie's No. 6 had been listed as retired in the Official NHL Guide and Record Book since 1975, when retired sweater numbers began being featured in the book. At the time, three numbers were listed as being retired by Detroit: Aurie's No. 6, Gordie Howe's No. 9, and Alex Delvecchio's No. 10. Before the 2000–01 season, Ilitch ordered the number removed from the publication - again without explanation. His refusal to honor Aurie in the same manner as the other Red Wings players with retired numbers remains a mystery to the hockey world. There are many theories, but nothing firm has ever come from the front office, or Ilitch himself.

pray tell what are these theories...or are they just full of s?

Guest Dump-N-Thump

and franzen is a sniper,cleary is a power forward.. chelios is a physical specimen.. draper is 1 overall lower then rafalski... Kopecky is basically Franzen..

It should all my changed my release date.

How'd you like the demo? i thought it was fun.

I think the truth as to why his number isn't in the rafters is because IT SHOULDN'T BE RETIRED IN THE FIRST PLACE. It's just another number that can't be used and when 5, 13, 30, 40, 91 (sue me!), and more can't be used in the future, the numbers will be even more limited, making that #6 a wasted, uncirculated number.

Sorry if I offend Aurie likers here, but #6 should NOT have been retired.

I think the truth as to why his number isn't in the rafters is because IT SHOULDN'T BE RETIRED IN THE FIRST PLACE. It's just another number that can't be used and when 5, 13, 30, 40, 91 (sue me!), and more can't be used in the future, the numbers will be even more limited, making that #6 a wasted, uncirculated number.

Sorry if I offend Aurie likers here, but #6 should NOT have been retired.

i cant say he should or shouldnt have a retired number because my hockey knowledge begins from 1993 until today. all i know is that illitch should have the right to unretire a number and if you retire aurie, who else do you have to retire? i think it opens a pandoras box.

i cant say he should or shouldnt have a retired number because my hockey knowledge begins from 1993 until today. all i know is that illitch should have the right to unretire a number and if you retire aurie, who else do you have to retire? i think it opens a pandoras box.

I agree somewhat... but (and I know he wouldn't do such a thing to Gordie, Ted, etc.) I would worry that owners then could UNretire ANY number as they see fit. And I like you're other argument about "who else do you have to retire?" But I sometimes wonder about the validity of some of the names or numbers that are retired.... like ones in which players play for one or two seasons and then ihat number is done forever.

EUZ,

I used to aplaud your use of statistics and logic in your posts. Lately you seem very bitter and sarcastic. What happened? Is everything ok? Anything I can do?

I think this one was Shoreline's fault. He has proven eva wrong a few times recently.