• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Schneider waived by Ducks/traded to Atlanta.

Rate this topic

hmmm... all i can say is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :thumbdown: :thumbdown: why couldent burke get a pack of hockey cards for him AT LEAST...... FAIL....

Edited by Duck Guy

They couldn't trade him? Is there something honorable about waiving a player rather than trading him which I don't understand?

No, Burke is just too egotistical to take a realistic offer.

They couldn't trade him? Is there something honorable about waiving a player rather than trading him which I don't understand?

na why would you trade a player for at least a pick if you could just waive him? Less paper work i guess... maybe he is gonna waive perry or getz when the time is right... why trade when u can waive :thumbup:

Guest nutz2u

I never understood waiving Bryzgalov either. The greatest GM in the history of the NHL could get absolutely for either of those two players. What an ass.

I never understood waiving Bryzgalov either. The greatest GM in the history of the NHL could get absolutely for either of those two players. What an ass.

Even the worst GM could have gotten a couple picks for them...

Yeah I don't understand this either. Can anyone explain it for me? Why they waive players like schneider instead of trading them? I'm sure at least a couple of teams would've showed interest.. Especially in this off-season

who didn't see this coming?

oh well, best of luck to him. Hope he ends up somewhere nice.

edit: grammar <_<

I sure didn't.

I mean, I figured Schneider was on the way out, but I never would've thought he'd be waived.

Another brilliant move by Burke, with the assist going to Niedermayer. Cheers to the best GM in hockey! :thumbup:

i can't believe he never worked out a deal earlier. the salary cap....is it really that hard to figure it out? burke has let some great talent fall out of his hands...he put together a bunch of jerkoffs, paid them a bunch of money, and then went.. oh sh*t, sorry i gotta let you go because i overpaid you, and i like TEEMU better! i hope toronto doesn't hire him(burke). i want to see the maple leafs be a contender! for the sake of hockey...burke has made some bad moves. toronto should look around...please look hard! im all red wings, but it would be nice to see them come up a bit. without burke!

so lets see here.... traded andy mac for weight (turned out to be a waste so practicaly gave him away), Bryz gave him away,Schneider gave away.. for what 1 more year of teemu? then what....so basically he is messing up a great group for the great and powerful teemu... something tells me bad things are going to happen end of this year when 14 of the ducks are UFAs

Edited by Duck Guy

Well hopefully he enjoyed his stay in California the second time around.

I hope he ends up in Edmonton. Freezing cold all year round and a million miles away from everything.

Edited by Elshupacabra

so lets see here.... traded andy mac for weight (turned out to be a waste so practicaly gave him away), Bryz gave him away,Schneider gave away.. for what 1 more year of teemu? then what....so basically he is messing up a great group for the great and powerful teemu... something tells me bad things are going to happen end of this year when 14 of the ducks are UFAs

You as a fan care, rightfully so, Burke as a GM who appears headed to Toronto (based purely on rumor) he could give two s***s as long as you keep buying tix, jerseys, beers, etc.

DUCKGUY<

I for one feel for you my man, you are too loyal. But you can't give up on your team, so I respect you for that, but if Detroit starting doing this after the cup run (instead they do the exact opposite, which would be get better) I would very very very very pissed off!

Not to be rude, but I could've told you that last year already. Burke really isn't the genius so many of the media have made him out to be. He bailed on VAN after he left it in shambles and he'll do the same in ANA. Next year, he'll be gone.

Not to be rude, but I could told you that last year already. Burke really isn't the genius so many of the media have made him out to be. He bailed on VAN after he left it in shambles and he'll do the same in ANA. Next year, he'll be gone.

Ya but i thought that he will do what is needed but this Schneider move is kinda the straw that broke the camels back for me.. I am not sure what he will do next year now.. oh well no matter what i will still be buying those season tix :thumbup: nothing I can do but just complain.

At the the state of franchise meeting this year i should yell at burke :thumbup:

Edited by Duck Guy

Ya but i thought that he will do what is needed but this Schneider move is kinda the straw that broke the camels back for me.. I am not sure what he will do next year now.. oh well no matter what i will still be buying those season tix :thumbup: nothing I can do but just complain.

At the the state of franchise meeting this year i should yell at burke :thumbup:

This is exactly the condition he left VAN in: an overall mediocre team with a couple stars not able to carry the team on their backs. In ANA's case, it will be worse given the amount of UFA's in Summer '09. He blew it last year when he wasted money on Burt, then he waived Bryz. Now he waives Schneider, again without getting a thing in return. I don't know what the hell he's thinking, its not like he's trying to get Yashin off the books. These are solid players that could fetch atleast a return pick or two. He may have found a few loopholes last year (which Kudos to him if he was the one that found them), but other than that he hasn't done anything to deserve the praise he was getting for so long.

I feel for ya, DG. The Ducks are in for a decline this season, and a massive drop the following.

He's gonna fit in great in TOR.