• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
T.Low

Who would you want Wings to beat?

Rate this topic

Just a summer type of thread that needs to be posted before the season gets underway.

IF you knew that it was a given that the Wings were to win the Cup, (so you don't have to be afraid of one team or another wearing them down for the next round) who would you want them to beat and in what round? Maybe not neccessarily who you think they will beat, but who you want them to beat.

I would like them start off against Calgary or Edmonton. They are fiesty teams that think they can out hustle and out hit Detroit, and I would want to dominate them.

2nd round I would like to see them whip Anaheim real good. (Even though I actually predict they'll see Chicago here). Dominate. Shut down Perry and Getslaughs, burn Neidermeyer, beat up Pronger, with only Salane able to show any real signs of life.

WCF, Colorado. I don't think Colorado gets this far, but thats who I want them to beat. Just because its always so much fun to beat Colorado. And I don't want Burke to get to the WCF again.

Funny though, I don't really care who they beat from the East. Montreal would be fun, but so would Pittsy again.

R1- Chicago- Letting them know who is still boss in the division.

R2- Anaheim- Giving them an early playoff exit to prove they don't belong.

R3- San Jose- Leaving them just short, again.

SCF- Philadelphia- Because I hate the Flyers and I'd love to take this from them.

I know this is a little eary (to say the least) but i still love doing these :D

Round One Phoenix

Round Two Chicago

Round Three San Jose

Round Four Washington

SCF- Philadelphia- Because I hate the Flyers and I'd love to take this from them.

Exxxxcellent (nodding slowly in apreciation). Well done.

I like each one.

I know this is a little eary (to say the least) but i still love doing these :D

Round One Phoenix

Round Two Chicago

Round Three San Jose

Round Four Washington

Why Washington, for the dynamics the Big O could bring to the highstakes series, and/or to shut him down?

Why Washington, for the dynamics the Big O could bring to the highstakes series, and/or to shut him down?

Just because I like them. but i only like them enough to be the eastern champs!

1st- Oilers or flames - so i don't have to see people driving with those stupid car flags all spring long

2nd- Anaheim- cuz i hate them second only to annoying bandwagon fans who have car flags(but only during playoffs)

3rd - chicago -never cared b4 but after last season i hate them, i'd love to be down 3-0 against them then come back and win 4 in a row by a combined score of like 29-0 so they go into next season absolutely devastated.

Finals- pittsburgh to watch crosby whine... i would love to beat pittsburgh every finals for the next 12 years just to see how crazy crosby gets year after year of coming in 2nd lol. or montreal or toronto..cuz it would be great for hockey in general

Everyone. Throw the Wings in a gauntlet and have them face every team in a seven game series in the same time frame the normal playoffs take. Just to show the Wings pure and utter dominance.

I agree except I would have Anaheim in the 1st round

Chicago in the conference quarters, a quick sweep.

Anaheim in the conference semis, win it on Duck ice by some insane score- I like 12-0.

Colorado in the conference finals, 7-0 to clinch, just to make history repeat.

Toronto in the finals, and I'm of two minds. A sweep would be awesome, but picture this.

Detroit wins the President's Trophy, so home ice advantage. Take it to game 7, Toronto leads 1-0 at the middle of the third. A patented Datsyukian deke ties it up, then a rink-length jack from Cheli or Lids just floats over Toskala's glove with 0.01 left.

Can you picture the screams of the damned in Toronto? :D

Oooo, fun thread

Round 1 - Anaheim (Always fun to give them an early exit)

Round 2 - San Jose (Take out a powerhouse early, prove we can do it)

Round 3 - Colorado (History likes to repeat itself)

Round 4 - Leafs (This would just be epic)

Edited by wingsgirl001

Chicago in the conference quarters, a quick sweep.

Anaheim in the conference semis, win it on Duck ice by some insane score- I like 12-0.

Colorado in the conference finals, 7-0 to clinch, just to make history repeat.

Toronto in the finals, and I'm of two minds. A sweep would be awesome, but picture this.

Detroit wins the President's Trophy, so home ice advantage. Take it to game 7, Toronto leads 1-0 at the middle of the third. A patented Datsyukian deke ties it up, then a rink-length jack from Cheli or Lids just floats over Toskala's glove with 0.01 left.

Can you picture the screams of the damned in Toronto? :D

Tht is all cool to talk about now, but if the wings were ever in a game 7 in the SCF, u would be freaking out, so don't say things like that, cause like they say, be careful wht u wish for

Edit: Added my 2 seance

1st Round:Chicago- We need to show them who is boss of the Central Division is

2nd Round: Anaheim- To get them back, plus some

3rd Round: San Jose- To them, no matter who they get to Coach them, We are still better

4th Round: Montreal- A good old Original 6 SCF, that would be good

Edited by Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

1st Round: Columbus - It means they made the playoffs!

2nd Round: LA Kings- It would be a Cinderella story for the kings to get this far

WCF: Vancouver- Luongo getting lit up and pulled in 4 straight games

SCF: NJ Devils- Redemption from 14 years ago...

As a favor, the Ducks and Pens don't make the playoffs.

It depends on who makes the playoffs. If I could have it my way, St. Louis would improve so the Wings can beat them in the first round.

1st

St. Louis Blues - Great sports town and rivalry and brings back a lot of good memories

2nd

Colorado Avalanche - Same reasons as St. Louis even though the rivalry died when Patrick Wah hung them up

3rd

Chicago Blackhawks - One of the greatest rivalries in all of sports and sick of all these dang non hockey markets winning

SCF

Toronto Maple Leafs - Even though it is a longshot. Another great rivalry that must be rekindled like Buttman must go.

Why does everyone want us to see all of these Western Canada and So Cal teams that have owned the Wings in the playoffs. Are you all telling me you were not ecstatic when Dallas defeated San Jose last year? As for the Ducks, I hope they don't even sniff the playoffs next year. I hope they pull a Detroit Tigers and come out of the gate at 0-7 and never really recover finishing last in the division. In my opinion, they are just another of the handful of irrelevant teams that do the league a disservice simply by being competitive.