• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rick

Wings Season Preview from thepensblog

Rate this topic

:lol:

Iwo's the best. Love this:

My Uncle Mike has been scribbling lines on the back of Phonics workbooks all summer, speaking in Pentacostal tongues, just ******* babbling to himself about power play units. He's had strange visions of Hossa, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Filppula, Hudler, Holmstrom doing things with each other on the ice that would be illegal in most states other than Tennessee and either one of the illiterate backward-ass Carolinas.

There's a good chance that by the time our reunion takes place in next year's Final, Ericsson will be the number 5 dman. You'll dig him. Fleury will be in a puddle of his own feces after the first 120 mph slapshot bounces off his forehead.

I would love to see Ericsson be the #5 Dman, but if Fleury is sitting in feces then the puck might not squirt into the net as easily next time... ;)

Damn, that was truly an amazing read. Probably the best piece of literature ever written, right up there with the Catcher in the Rye and the Bible. Seriously, we need to recruit this guy and get him to join LGW ASAP!!!

It's actually written by Chief aka Bill Houlihan who writes the Abel to Yzerman blog on Kukla's Korner.

Read the comments? Wow...the fans of the Penguins need to get out some more. Or just stop taking 10 drops of acid before talking.

I was in Detroit during the Finals, and 90% of the Pens fans that we ran into, were "new" fans.... You could tell when you spoke with them about the NHL, and most of the opinions they gave were what they read in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette , almost sounded like one of the audiobooks that you can buy....

I cant' figure out if my favorite line is "Are you guys fond of Nik Kronwall? I can't recall if he brutalized every Pens forward in the Finals last year or just nine or ten. My memory's fading. " or "Thankfully we got ourselves a quality backup for like 8 bucks.". Always gotta rely on The Chief to make a spirited read!

I was in Detroit during the Finals, and 90% of the Pens fans that we ran into, were "new" fans.... You could tell when you spoke with them about the NHL, and most of the opinions they gave were what they read in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette , almost sounded like one of the audiobooks that you can buy....

This confirms the first part of your statement:

Tony Little said...

I know that this will sound crazy, but if the defene shines in light of Gonchar and Whitters absense, you gotta contemplate trading off 5Mil of cap space with Gonch and make a run at signing Gaborik at the deadline. Only of course if Golgi and LeGame shine.

Your top 2 defensemen are down and you trade for a forward. Are these fans stuck in 1992?

"I can't speak for CBloggers or Pens fans more generally, but as for myself, I wasn't bothered so much by the fact that Hossa left, but by the manner in which he did it.

If he had just said, "Hey, thanks for the memories, but I'm gonna hit the road," I wouldn't have said peep."

HOSSA WAS ON YOUR TEAM FOR THREE FREAKING MONTHS. HE ISN'T RAY SHERO'S ******* NEPHEW.

Christ.