• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
high_stick69

Hossa

Rate this topic

I haven't seen Hossa play at all, and I'm eagerly awaiting the season's start. What have you people seen so far? What do you think of the line he's on and how has he looked? Thanks...Go Wings!

I haven't seen Hossa play at all, and I'm eagerly awaiting the season's start. What have you people seen so far? What do you think of the line he's on and how has he looked? Thanks...Go Wings!

hes been playin ok not perfect

Hard to tell, he hasn't really played with the same players for more than a game. He's looked good in some games making some nice plays, but obviously hasn't played up to his potential as a goal-scorer.

He's been looking kinda weak - in at least one game he's been slow as molasses on the breakaway. I would imagine he'll perform better when he has better linemates to play with. With Datsyuk I imagine he'll have a better offensive output.

in the few games I've seen Hossa play I've been pretty disappointed. On one hand, we don't want to make rash judgements and we can assume he'll perform better once he finally gets to play with Pav and Homer, but at the same time, this guy is supposed to be amongst the elitest of the elite in the NHL and frankly, I've seen more out of Samuelsson in the preseason, and plenty more out of Leino. Hopefully he'll turn it on when the games matter.

Well, since Hossa is out with a groin injury (so is Pavel ... what, is it contagious??), Leino gets a chance to shine, I guess. Hopefully, Hossa won't be fragile this season. We don't need another Hatcher-like situation.

In other slightly OT news: Jiri Hudler has a the team team-high, with six assists in the exhibition season :thumbup:

Hard to tell, he hasn't really played with the same players for more than a game. He's looked good in some games making some nice plays, but obviously hasn't played up to his potential as a goal-scorer.

In my opinion he looked like a high-end player who was playing at half-effort because it was the preseason. He definitely didn't look like he was taking the preseason seriously.

That's fine with me- I only care about him taking the playoffs seriously ;) Well it'd be nice if he took the regular season seriously too :)

In my opinion he looked like a high-end player who was playing at half-effort because it was the preseason. He definitely didn't look like he was taking the preseason seriously.

That's fine with me- I only care about him taking the playoffs seriously ;) Well it'd be nice if he took the regular season seriously too :)

^ yes. Hossa is an extremely skilled veteran, he doesn't care about the pre-season. He's getting in game shape but he's not over working himself for no reason as opposed to other players (leino, sammy to an extent) who want to show they're worth keeping.

Plus in NHL 09 I played Hossa in be a pro and in my first game (in the be a pro season, not my first time playing) I got 8 goals (it was kinda funny..) so I think that's definitely a sign.

Edited by Z and D for the C

People worry about the preseason too much. It never has any bearing on anything in the regular season, and sometimes a horrible preseason precedes an amazing season. It doesn't matter. The preseason is for those who don't have assured roster spots to battle. The veterans are just there to fill out the rosters.

Not to sound condescending, but folks always seem to have short memories when it comes to the hockey pre-season. Groin injuries are a dime a dozen in the pre-season. How often in everyday life do you make a skating stride-like move? Some of these guys come to camp without having done much of anything on ice for the past few months, and there isn't much off the ice that simulates up-tempo hockey. I can guarantee you that everyones groin is burning, and that there are more than a few guys with sore groins out there. This shouldn't be cause for worry, unless its a guy who has some Hasekian tendency for groin injuries.

As for Hossa specifically, he has looked like crap thus far. But every time I've seen this guy in the regular season, hes been energetic - pure dynamite. So the logical thing in this situtation would be to attribute his play to pure caution. Why the hell would he go all out when he could get hurt in a meaningless game? He signed here to play competitive hockey with this club, not beat up his body when nobodys watching. Im sure he'll turn it on once the regular season starts, and he'll likely find a second or even third gear when the postseason begins.

Ummm, the Lions went... what? Like 4-0 in preseason, right? Goes to show what the PREseason matters.

Not trying to be a fanboy and completely defend the guy but do you guys see Z or Dats skating to their full potential? Yea not so much.

It's preseason. I could care less WHAT he does in preseason. I'd rather him not play all together.

I haven't been impressed by him so far. Clearly a bad signing by Holland.

Just look at the guy's preseason stats and you'll know that he hasn't been producing. If we trade him now, we might still get a useful player like Todd Bertuzzi in return.

People worry about the preseason too much. It never has any bearing on anything in the regular season, and sometimes a horrible preseason precedes an amazing season. It doesn't matter. The preseason is for those who don't have assured roster spots to battle. The veterans are just there to fill out the rosters.

Take the lions for example, 4-0 in the preseason, utter failure in the regular season so far

Even if Hossa has a subpar season by his and our standards, remember in order for the wings to have similar stats (not wins losses) as last season he just has to match Drake's output, If Hossa can't do that then there are some serious issues health, mental strength, some thing!

Take the lions for example, 4-0 in the preseason, utter failure in the regular season so far

Thank you for literally repeating everything that I said before you. Probably should read through the whole thread before posting.

Not to sound condescending, but folks always seem to have short memories when it comes to the hockey pre-season. Groin injuries are a dime a dozen in the pre-season. How often in everyday life do you make a skating stride-like move? Some of these guys come to camp without having done much of anything on ice for the past few months, and there isn't much off the ice that simulates up-tempo hockey. I can guarantee you that everyones groin is burning, and that there are more than a few guys with sore groins out there. This shouldn't be cause for worry, unless its a guy who has some Hasekian tendency for groin injuries.

As for Hossa specifically, he has looked like crap thus far. But every time I've seen this guy in the regular season, hes been energetic - pure dynamite. So the logical thing in this situtation would be to attribute his play to pure caution. Why the hell would he go all out when he could get hurt in a meaningless game? He signed here to play competitive hockey with this club, not beat up his body when nobodys watching. Im sure he'll turn it on once the regular season starts, and he'll likely find a second or even third gear when the postseason begins.

I swear I see commericals everyday that promises to clear that up, what scares me more is that it has become contagious in the locker room. Is that **** that covered the finals running around down there?

I haven't been impressed by him so far. Clearly a bad signing by Holland.

Just look at the guy's preseason stats and you'll know that he hasn't been producing. If we trade him now, we might still get a useful player like Todd Bertuzzi in return.

We could always waive him and bring Downey back ;)