• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SouthernWingsFan

The person below me game...

Rate this topic

Never have been, which is odd considering that my sister used to live there.

(speaking of odd- I keep a can of beets around at all times because I get random cravings for beets)

The person below me is killing at least one of their houseplants and doesn't know why.

The person below me has a cell phone.

Grudgingly. I got one because I used to travel and they've quit installing payphones, for the most part (they are not money-makers, so telcos don't want to mess with them).

The person below me worries that all people think about now is themselves. :(

It's not so much that they think only of themselves, but that they only think from their perspective rather than a broader view. People don't think in the theoretical or of the big picture.

Example: If you found a bank envelope in the rest room of a convenience store that had $5000 cash and the receipt, would you take it to the bank so they could trace the person and give them their cash back, or would you keep it yourself?

The broad view is that the money belongs to that person and that person- whether they need it or not- is the rightful owner. There is a rightful owner. That money has its rightful place in the universe.

The modern view is to look only at how if effects you, not the person who lost it. That view doesn't take others into consideration and upsets the balance of the universe.

The person below me would return the money in the above scenario.

As strapped for cash as I am, I would return it. My family taught me that I am no better than anyone else and that I should consider others before myself. I do that, best I can.

The person below me has chores to do and needs to get off this computer and go do them. :blush:

Edited by puckloo39

Nope. The family is all at mom's at the moment. She had her knee replaced, so the sister from Illinois and I are taking turns staying with her. Sis gets the first 2 weeks, I get the next two.

The person below me has had their stomach growl so loudly that it was audible across the room.

yes, recently. I have a bad habit of working through lunch and not noticing until 2PM or so... when my belly complains.

The person below me wants to eat a yummy present they bought for someone they love... but won't. :blush:

Unfortunately I have to work today, so no relaxing. Maybe after.

The person below me is nostalgic.

Sorry you have to work. I probably should... we'll see.

I am nostalgic about some things, but mostly I look forward. I appreciate memories, however.

The person below me wishes they could meet a relative who they never got to meet (because they were dead before you were born).

I'd have liked to have met my uncle John. There are other relatives that have gone before, but I think I'd have liked John. And my great-great grandma, Ollie Mayfield. She was a hillbilly redneck chick to beat all hillbilly redneck chicks.

The person below me has never touched alcohol.

Edited by 55fan

Nope.

The person below me takes produce when it is offered for free from people who raise their own stuff and then have too much.

oh, yes, of course. It's not that common here, but when I lived in Iowa, there was always tomatoes and squash and peppers to spare. I miss that.

The person below me sometimes burns candles to make their house smell good.

Oh, yes. Especially vanilla. I love vanilla. I've heard that the green people frown on that, but I say fruit the green people.

The person below me says fruit the green people.