• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Darren McCarty cleared waivers

Rate this topic

He's still tougher than marshmallows like Hudler, Sammy, Lebda or Kopecky.

True, but he can't currently play the sport of *hockey* at the level those 4 you just mentioned can.

Not every move the team makes with players like Mac has to do with how they feel about toughness, yet you constantly ascertain that it does.

True, but he can't currently play the sport of *hockey* at the level those 4 you just mentioned can.

Agreed. I like the man, as most do. His comeback last year, was a great story. But the truth is, thats all it was...... A story. He is not the player he once was!

Another sign of what the Wings think about toughness.

:thumbdown:

Even with the speculation of this making room for Helm there's been no reports that he's even going to be assigned to GR. Kinda like how they waived Downey multiple times last year but never reassigned him.

This probably has all to do with cap space.

Even with the speculation of this making room for Helm there's been no reports that he's even going to be assigned to GR. Kinda like how they waived Downey multiple times last year but never reassigned him.

This probably has all to do with cap space.

Yah, i would bet that D-Mac stays on the Wings once he clears waivers to be that 13th press box forward. Then once Zata is able to play Helm will probably be sent down to the Griffins with D-Mac being and insurance policy to be sent down if needed.

Not enough space for Leino but this could mean that Helm is here to stay.

I hope so. Helm deserves to stay. He's been terrific in every game so far.

McCarty's had a great career with ups and downs throughout. The time comes though when the Wings have to start looking at the situation for the better of the organization and maybe that time is here. If so I wish Carts all the best and thank Him for the years of entertainment He has provided.

having an enforcer is fine if you dont have goal scorers & playmakers waiting to come up from the minors. keep your enforcer in grand rapids until you need them (established bitchassness like jordan tootoo)

Sorry guys.....I'd take D-Mac over Kopecky any day.

+1

Kopecky is the only player on this team who really hasn't done ANYTHING worth merit and still gets a roster spot. You can say Sammy puts up points for the money, you can say Maltby is a top PKer and a definite agitator, but Kopecky? I got nothin.

He's still tougher than marshmallows like Hudler, Sammy, Lebda or Kopecky.

i'd like to watch a game with you seeing as we both have the EXACT same opinion on thise 4.. but you forgot to add our favorite whipping boy lilja to that list. man those 5 make me cringe!

McCarty's had a great career with ups and downs throughout. The time comes though when the Wings have to start looking at the situation for the better of the organization and maybe that time is here. If so I wish Carts all the best and thank Him for the years of entertainment He has provided.

Carts? One minute please.

Carts who?

In general, LGWers have an awful time coming up with nicknames. Or using the right one.

But Carts? That is just.........

No more saying Carts.

Carts? One minute please.

Carts who?

In general, LGWers have an awful time coming up with nicknames. Or using the right one.

But Carts? That is just.........

No more saying Carts.

lmao @dakine. nice call on that

Indeed maybe the time has come. I for one, don't want to let go of the past when it's D-Mac we're talking about. The memories ... memories of what he means wearing that #25. Where he's been, both on and off the ice. Seeing Lemieux turtle!!!! I have a hard time letting go, too. I was so behind him last year, with the hopes he might just stick around long enough to see another Cup win wearing the Winged Wheel. Then he did. Then I wondered if there was a way, he'd return on a contract even if he likely was destined for GR. Management does alot to keep their family close, and help them out. Indeed.

As for Kopecky, I think we've seen about as much as we're going to see. Depth guy, yes. But that seems to be all he offers. Management isn't writing his name down, beside D-Mac's and Downey's when they're trying to decide who's offering us toughness. It just isn't going to be that type of team.

But D-Mac ... ahh the memories. I love ya, man.