• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
daniel1

12 Games in - You're Holland...

Rate this topic

If i was holland I would sit back, sip on some sangria and laugh at how the fans are freakin' out and we still have one of the best records in the NHL.

on a more serious note...

I would drop everyone and start anew with a buch of scrubs better than the scrubs we currently have.

1. Samuelsson is having a very good season this year, and I think it is safe to say he will play out his contract and be gone at the end of the year, but I think he has earned his spot on this team, and although he is my whipping boy has done nothing to merit a trade at this point.

2. I also really like Kopecky, but he plays well on an every 2-3 game basis so far, and is not using his size to fill the Dallas Drake void, thus he could easily find himself the 13th forward.

3. Everyone does, but I think he is better suited playing 20 minutes a night then 5 minutes a night, and then joining the 3rd line next season

4. Yes, but that is through 8 games....and I think it was 3 last year in Detroit...He needs a whole season, consistantly performing in the AHL, then I think he will be ready (possibly as soon as next season)

When the team is winning why have a huge roster turnaround?

Because it is panic time, ahhhhh hit the button, can you imagine this place if the team were 5-5-2, let alone have a losing record through 12 games!!!!!

We're not panicking...we're pretending

YES!!!!!!!!! :clap::siren::clap: I think some people are losing the point on this one. facts are we're not Ken Holland and its not our decision to make. we're only stating what we would do if we were Kenny. it's pretend .... fantasy.... not real ...... people should just chill out and not get their panties in a twist about this.

Trade Hossa Dats and Z to the Bruins for 2 draft picks and a meatball sandwich, then I would quit, leave for Maui and enjoy the rest of my life hockey free and rich with 3 bisexual women with varying size of breast, sometimes I like little ones other times not.

Then I would start up my own Cigar company, with the money I made under the table from the Bruins trade!!

No matter how good Sammy does people still feel to bash him. Personally I like the guy, and with 10 points in 12 games I will continue to like him. Sammy isn't the player to be expandable right now, highly considering his salary and performance rate.

No matter how good Sammy does people still feel to bash him. Personally I like the guy, and with 10 points in 12 games I will continue to like him. Sammy isn't the player to be expandable right now, highly considering his salary and performance rate.

I used to bash him pretty hard, but he's a solid player. His role is just misunderstood. He shouldn't be expected to score goals because he will almost always hit the chest pad.

Sign Mats Sundin.

ha, no.

If I had to do something...even though there really is no need to do anything...in my fantasy world...i wanna see Huds, Maltby, McCarty and, Lebda gone. Bring up Downey, Leino, Helm..Leave Meech in there. If we want to go further into the youth movement then replace Sammy for Abdelkader...but really theres no need even in my fantasy world for that haha.

Hossa-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Leino-Zetterberg-Franzen

Cleary-Fillpula-Sammy

Helm-Draper-Downey

Energy, Balls, Skill, Scoring, Speed.

Think of genius marketing ideas like Jackie Moon...

For the no Kopecky crowd: Kopecky is really the only semblance of constant physical play from the Wings...

Think of genius marketing ideas like Jackie Moon...

For the no Kopecky crowd: Kopecky is really the only semblance of constant physical play from the Wings...

I haven't seen Kopecky get the puck once off a forecheck. So what if he is physical? He can't force a turnover or keep the puck in the other team's zone.

I haven't seen Kopecky get the puck once off a forecheck. So what if he is physical? He can't force a turnover or keep the puck in the other team's zone.

I was more or less commenting on how everyone feels the Wings need that physical, gritty forward. Kopecky is the closest thing to it, as sad as that is.

send down McCARTY! bring up HELM! let meech play like 3-4 more games if it doesnt workout bring up the much need ERICCSON! helm and ericcson would add soo much to our team ive been sayin that since the summer and im gonna stick to my thoughts, also i would really get ZETTERBERG! signed now start talking big with his agent, thats real imp.

First of all, some people need to realize this is HYPOTHETICAL. Geez, relax a little bit. How dare someone suggest the Wings make some changes.

My theory on changes is that it'd be nice to see some of the young guys up. However, loyalty to players is one thing that attracts players to Detroit and makes them willingly sing contracts for less than they could get elsewhere. Having said that, if I were Holland there is no way in hell that Helm is in GR. If it means losing a player via waivers, so be it.

The Wings got Draper for a dollar. What does everyone expect to get out of Lebda? When people say "trade him for a jock strap" they are usually joking. But with Lebda I'm not so sure...

The Wings got Draper for a dollar. What does everyone expect to get out of Lebda? When people say "trade him for a jock strap" they are usually joking. But with Lebda I'm not so sure...

I don't expect much, or really care if the Red Wings get much in return. Lebda just needs to be off the team. A sixth defenseman with a minus nine rating is laughable. I would be happy with the dollar for Lebda.

I would do nothing other than leave Meech in for a few more games to see how he plays.

We're 8-2-2 and playing no where near our potential yet... But I wouldn't go changing the make-up of this team just 12 games into the season... geesh...

If I were Holland, I wouldn't do anything beig or crazy. I would give Mac a few more games while Mule is resting up his knee to see how he does. If his play does not improve drastically, I would send him to GR (as he already has cleared waivers in October) and bring up Downey. If you are going to have your 12th forward playing 5 minutes per night, he might as well be able to win a fight should the need arise. The other option is if you send down Mac right now, you could bring up Leino to see how he does playing some top line minutes.

If Leino plays well, maybe he looks to trade someone like Hudler for a draft pick. This would allow them to gain some cap space. Hudler seems to find his way into Babcock's doghouse all the time anyway, plus he is an RFA at year end too.

Unfortunately, I think we are stuck with Maltby. I love what he has done in the past, and he can play 4th line minutes at a cheap price, but his skills are rapidly diminishing. No one will take him, and we can't waive him due to hometown discount/loyalty reasons.

Lastly, continue to let Meech play.