• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
This Is Bida

Hossa just continues to amaze me...

Rate this topic

Well, I looked and searched high and low through the forums and didn't see this mentioned anywhere so I figured I would post it.

To me this just shows what a true sportsman he is to the game of hockey and such a perfect fit in the Wings organization! As we all saw last night the Wings took advantage of a tired Sharks club and played a full 60 minutes for probably the first time all season. Towards the end of an amazing game Hossa was tapped on the shoulder and was told he would be the first star of the game. Pretty fitting considering he had an amazing game defensively with a beautiful goal (all thanks to Dats) and an assist to boot. What happened next is what makes me proud to have this guy on our squad.

Knowing that Dats showed how great of a player he can be with a 4 point night and how solid Conks was in net, he said he didn't deserve the first star, saying other players deserved it far more.

The story can be found HERE!

Talk about a nice slice of humble pie, I just can't imagine many other superstars from around the league doing this sort of thing.

As I said, this guy continues to amaze me and after Z gets signed this guy should be priority number ONE (well 2nd to Z) to keep in the Wings uniform. The guy took less money to come here in Detroit and win a Cup, why wouldn't he do it again? Plus, even if the Wings don't win the Cup this year, who has the best chances to win the Cup in the next 4-5 years? Ummm, probably the Wings!

I'm just now starting to come down from the high of last nights game and pray this is a turning point for the Wings...

With that said, this picture perfectly fits the Wings win last night:

3121037625_66cc4e6f89.jpg

Edited by This Is Bida

Hossa was one of the nicest Wings I have ever met. Spent 30minutes talking to me. A real class act. I have met Z and Hossa...and I will tell you Hossa is FAR more cordial than Z. I wouldn't be hurt if Z left and Hossa stayed...that being be said Z is a great player and I understand the reasons Holland will probably make him the priority.

Guest Four

Hossa is one of my favourite players, no matter what team he will be on next year. He has proven to be a great person and player, and a class act to go along with it. I hope he succeeds to the best of his ability.

Hossa was one of the nicest Wings I have ever met. Spent 30minutes talking to me. A real class act. I have met Z and Hossa...and I will tell you Hossa is FAR more cordial than Z. I wouldn't be hurt if Z left and Hossa stayed...that being be said Z is a great player and I understand the reasons Holland will probably make him the priority.

what exactly happened in your encounter with Z?

I love Z as much as possible, but I'll take Hossa over him. It kills me to say, as Z is "the next Captain" and all, reigning Conn Smythe winner, etc etc. But Hossa is better.

Maybe i am just tired of Z trying to skate over the blue line through two defenders and a forward and turning it over. That happens WAY TOO MUCH this year.

I love Z as much as possible, but I'll take Hossa over him. It kills me to say, as Z is "the next Captain" and all, reigning Conn Smythe winner, etc etc. But Hossa is better.

Maybe i am just tired of Z trying to skate over the blue line through two defenders and a forward and turning it over. That happens WAY TOO MUCH this year.

patience. he does a lot of things that outweigh the inherent outcomes of being outplayed.

Hossa's been a favorite of mine for years, and I was thrilled to death to see him come to Detroit. I knew he'd fit right in, and contribute -- and then some... we wouldn't be sitting where we are in Wins without him.

I don't know how it will happen, but it sure would be wonderful to have him remain a Wing. He's a perfect fit in skills and in demeanor. I cannot even imagine Marian saying or doing anything to embarrass his team, or himself.

Wish he would stay, but I am afraid he won't. :(

:clap: Great thread. Thanks for posting and liked the replies so far too. :clap:

I agree, the more I see him play, and the more I read about him, the bigger place he continues to carve out in my Red Wings...s***, where was I going with that. Well, yeah, i'm liking him more and more, to!

patience. he does a lot of things that outweigh the inherent outcomes of being outplayed.

Yeah, I know. It's only 30 games. But based upon the sum total of what I have seen, Hossa is my man. And since Holland and Z haven't made a deal yet, and the January Can-deal-with-Hossa timeframe opens says, maybe, just maybe, Holland feels the same way.

* I grant Holland is still trying to find a way to keep 2 of the big 3.

I <3 hossa as well, but Z and Franzen has to stay in my mind. Hossa is gonna be demanding way more than we could maybe ever get him for.

But who knows, please prove me wrong Holland.

But yeah, Hossa is an incredible player and will be a favorite of mine no matter where he plays next year.

what exactly happened in your encounter with Z?

I guess I am not giving him credit, it was at training camp last year, not this year. I was in the lobby of the hotel where they were having their annual charity dinner. The dinner had let out and the players were dispursing into the lobby. Most of the players came up to sign autographs or take pictures with me! I of course wanted to get Zetterberg's autograph and he just wasn't very friendly. He did sign my picture so I guess I shouldn't complain but I felt like I was bothering him. I can honestly say that he was the only Red Wing I have ever met that made me feel that way. I don't know maybe he was having a bad day, and it wasn't a terrible experience but compared to all of my other Red Wing encounters he just didn't seem like he wanted to give me the time of day. They say your first impression should be your best...Z didn't deliver.

Edited by Booster313

I love Hossa as a player, he's great, but I think pitting him vs. Z is wrong. They're about equal in talent. Z is having a slightly rougher year than normal, but is still putting up Hossa numbers. With similar players, similar numbers, come contract time, you have to go with the guy who has a history and chemistry with the club, i.e. Zetterberg. But I'd love to keep Hossa long-term as long as we don't lose Franzen, Hudler, or Z in the process.

I love Hossa as a player, he's great, but I think pitting him vs. Z is wrong. They're about equal in talent. Z is having a slightly rougher year than normal, but is still putting up Hossa numbers. With similar players, similar numbers, come contract time, you have to go with the guy who has a history and chemistry with the club, i.e. Zetterberg. But I'd love to keep Hossa long-term as long as we don't lose Franzen, Hudler, or Z in the process.

You can make an arguement for not loosing Z...that makes sense. But if you can keep Zetterberg and Hossa long term, as tough as it is you let Franzen and Hudler go.

As far as who you should keep, I agree they are both great players so you keep who demands less money, not who has the most history.

I hate to say it, but I see the downfall of the great Red Wong organization that we love and respect starting to die soon. Even if we keep Z and Franz, we lose Sammy and Huds. We are gonna start losing organizational talent now that UFA is an option. I am not saying that *NOW* the salary cap caught up to us, but now we can't be as polite and player-friendly.

That said, we have 5 years of being great ahead of us.

It was very nice of him to turn down the first star because he didn't really deserve it. He had a great game but he definitely wasn't better than Datsyuk.

As for meeting Zetterberg, I have met him twice and he was the second nicest player I've met behind Rafalski. It was after dinner during training camp so he may have been tired. Osgood wasn't very nice when I met him 2 years ago but I don't think that's how he acts all the time.

Most of the players came up to sign autographs or take pictures with me! I of course wanted to get Zetterberg's autograph and he just wasn't very friendly. He did sign my picture so I guess I shouldn't complain but I felt like I was bothering him.

That's because you were bothering him. It's just not possible to be happy every single time a fan wants an autograph or picture. And I don't mean it's the way you went about it or anything, I just think that for every player, doing that kind of thing is bothersome at least some of the time.

It was very nice of him to turn down the first star because he didn't really deserve it. He had a great game but he definitely wasn't better than Datsyuk.

As for meeting Zetterberg, I have met him twice and he was the second nicest player I've met behind Rafalski. It was after dinner during training camp so he may have been tired. Osgood wasn't very nice when I met him 2 years ago but I don't think that's how he acts all the time.

Yeah, that's definately not like Ozzie. I've "met" Zetterberg, McCarty, and Osgood and they were all extremely nice. McCarty was really cool, one of the nicest athletes I've ever met. My experience with Hank was very good as well and Ozzie was very funny. Crossing sports, Todd Jones and especially Curtis Granderson are two athletes who are very nice and very easy to talk to and they don't come across as thinking they're better than you or whatever.

Edited by RWK23

Yeah, that's definately not like Ozzie. I've "met" Zetterberg, McCarty, and Osgood and they were all extremely nice. McCarty was really cool, one of the nicest athletes I've ever met. My experience with Hank was very good as well and Ozzie was very funny. Crossing sports, Todd Jones and especially Curtis Granderson are two athletes who are very nice and very easy to talk to and they don't come across as thinking they're better than you or whatever.

Ozzie is a nice dude, and Zetterberg seems really awesome.

I think it would be dumb to keep Hossa over Zetterberg, because in my mind, Z The Mule, Hudler, and Sammy are our priorities (should be anyways)

Why break up Datsyuk and Zetterberg anyways? if it ain't broke...

I like the Hoss alot, but i would rather see Zetterberg, thats all i am saying.