• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2009 Winter Classic: Red Wings 6, Blackhawks 4

Rate this topic

I was just laughing cuz it was funny, not that I even agreed with it haha. I was out on the outdoor rink yesterday too, in the spirit of the game of course :P

That's awesome, can't beat living in the north

I was at the game, and it was cold.

The banter between the Wings and Hawks fans was pretty fun to hear. The Wings fans would yell "Let's Go Red Wings", and the Hawks fans would counter with "Detroit sucks!" over and over. I also heard a few "Let's Go Lions" chants.

Now that's comedy.

Ty "The Clown" Conklin is embarrassing the Wings today on national TV. He's let in 2 bad goals already.

you should be embarrassed you called him a clown, he played great.

What a game...it must have been a thrill to watch it live.

Note to Pierre McGuire: The wind had nothing to do with Pasha getting that goal. It's called talent...which you, of course, would know nothing about. Pasha has more talent in the fingernail of his left pinky than you do in your whole body. Wind, my ass.

As to whether to play one at the big house...I'm all for it. Detroit and Toronto...it would sell out in a heartbeat.

why in the world would you feel bad for huet?

You have to take it in the context:

Huet just got sat, so I said (sarcastically) that I thought we should score 6 against Khabibulin as well, just so Huet doesn't feel bad.

It was a joke. I was saying "new goalie- let's get 6 more!"

Had to be there ;)

Note to Pierre McGuire: The wind had nothing to do with Pasha getting that goal. It's called talent...which you, of course, would know nothing about. Pasha has more talent in the fingernail of his left pinky than you do in your whole body. Wind, my ass.

I was wishing he was the one that had laryngitis instead, Doc I can take, Pierre is an ass.

this was an awesome game. it felt like much more than just any game to me. this was to show who was the balls in the central, and we certainly showed them. 4-0 against them is sick. what did we win last year against them, 3? 10 goals on them in two days is more than enough for me. conklin is really turning out to be a good signing. he seems to love playing here, and im very impressed with him, given his consecutive starts. pasha is such a phenominal player, we are very blessed to have such a thorough hockey player on our team.

nbc is truly the worst channel to watch hockey on. i cant believe how terrible the camera work was. it was like they randomly gave a video camera to a fan walking in and said "hey wanna film a hockey game?" they showed absolutely no replays, never provided a box on the bottom of the screen showing what the penalties called were for, and missed many face offs (with the commentators chatting away none the less.) i guess the first two were excusable, but missing the face-offs while showing some stupid shot of the crowd or ice was unforgiving.

i read through the entire GDT and there was real apathy going on at first! i loved that we went down 3-1, i thought the blackhawks expended all their energy in the first period, and sure enough we came out flying in the second. also, babcocks hat was strange and badass at the same time. he really looked professional out there, and the suggestion of the handshake was really respectful (plus it probably felt good for the guys) this really was a battle. good job wings!

You have to take it in the context:

Huet just got sat, so I said (sarcastically) that I thought we should score 6 against Khabibulin as well, just so Huet doesn't feel bad.

It was a joke. I was saying "new goalie- let's get 6 more!"

Had to be there ;)

oops :D i thought you were genuinely upset !

What a great game. I was able to watch the 3rd period while taking care of some work stuff in the office and I loved every second of it. Everyone played a great game and it was totally awesome to see it out doors. :P

Here is some more hilarity from the Hawks forum. http://boards.chicagoblackhawks.com/index....showtopic=30383 Some believe they should stop chanting "Detroit Sucks" and others defend it because....well....it is all they have against us. They are pretty much on par with Predators fans.

They also seem to think all wings fans come from detroit, when most of them don't, that's just where the team is located, again, people from illinois 90-95% of the time are morons, so just try to avoid them

You all have it wrong, datsyuk actually used his alien magnetic powers to split the d, then he used an alien mind trick to settle the puck down and hypnotized huet into opening his 5 hole. He used his alien gas power to gain speed.

Cleaning beer off my computer screen that projected out of my nose and mouth while reading this, lol.

you should be embarrassed you called him a clown, he played great.

indeed, Ty "The Clown" Conklin? SO LAME!

The Hawks fans need to step up their banter, they lack wit and humor.

Patrick "Candy" Kane is much funnier and much more clever.

Also, there is a thread at the hawks forum bashing the fans who purchased season tickets "just to go to" the winter classic, they also think bettman rigged the game for the wings

Kind of like how some of the "Tinfoil Hatters" here think that last year's WC was rigged for Crosby.