• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2009 Winter Classic: Red Wings 6, Blackhawks 4

Rate this topic

Well, I think the Red Wings proved a lot. We are not only far better at hockey than the Blackhawks but are clearly much better at life and our boys are also far better equipped to leave a woman satisfied sexually.

LOL!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a great sucess, this Winter Classic was IMO the best one yet entertainment wise, The Venue was awesome and the "Throwback Jerseys looked nice. Ralfalski was being interviewed on CBC and was saying that maybe they should make the All Star Game the Winter Classic.

I'm not sure what was better, ripping the still beating hearts out of the Hawks and their fans, or the mountain of classic putdowns on here :D

And yes, Babcocks hat was truly pimpalicious :)

How fun was that, huh?

Huge success, to be sure. Though I think that the league doesn't care as much who won, I'm sure they would have preferred to see it a bit closer of a game.

Fantastic job by Detroit to stay calm after the first, and great job wrestling control of the game back after the first period was over.

Ton of fun, big solid win by the Wings today!!!

That was an amazing game. The refs tried to ruin the game in the first, but the Red Wings are too damn good for that nonsense. Huds, Z and Hossa dominated. That line needs to stick together - clearly Hudler can handle a second line role and produce. Rafalski was awesome again and Lids was quietly solid as usual. Everything went well for the Red Wings except the penalty kill. I think Draper was on the ice for all four Chicago goals and Filppula for three.

Chicago did a great job hosting the event, besides the fact that their fans blow. I liked how the "Detroit Sucks" chants died as quickly as their team's chances of winning today. It was a spectacular event for the NHL and I couldn't be happier the Red Wings spolied it for the Blackhawks and their fans. The Red Wings uniforms were sweet and Babcock was frickin stylish in that hat. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw Babcock in that hat.

What a game. That lived up to the hype and then some. That's why the Red Wings are the champs. Blackhawks (still) suck!

Great game! Really shows that we aren't going to give the Blackhawks the division at all.

The Central is ours, and the Hawks have a ways to go if they want to take it from us.

Looks like the game was extremely successful as far as turn out. Good to see for the league and the game.

Makes me wish Connecticut was a bit more frozen over at the moment so I could play some pond hockey :D

Guest mindfly

Refs ruined the game, but you could clearly see which team that is more dominant, red wings were better in almost everything today.

Minnesota next?

Yay! Despite horrible officiating in the first two periods of the game the Red Wings were able to turn it on with 5 goals in a row. Conklin is much better than Osgood, we should stick with Conklin while we look for a rock solid starter to replace Osgood.

This was a fun game despite the officiating. Someone suggested that they make the Winter Classic the All-Star game, I disagree. Keep it like it is, make it a regular season game between two play-off worthy teams.

I'd love to see Toronto VS. Red Wings at the Big House in Ann Arbor.

Huds, Z and Hossa dominated. That line needs to stick together - clearly Hudler can handle a second FIRST line role and produce.

Hudler was the best player on the ice playing on a line with two of the league's ten best forwards and often with the best defenseman as well. He has been the Wings' best forward for the game at least as often as any of Datsyuk, Hossa, Franzen, or Zetterberg have and he has been his line's best forward more often than any of those four.

To make the common LGW argument that Hudler can't handle a first or second line role while the other four are star players is just ridiculous.

Hudler is performing noticeably better than any of the four I mentioned, or Filppula, were/age at his age. I still think Babcock should follow my offseason suggestion of Hudler centering Hossa and Cleary on the second line. That line has more scoring, playmaking, and defensive talent than most first lines AND allows us to use DZH as the top line. Alternatively....put Cleary with Dats and Homer and use Huds with Z and Hossa. Franzen/Flip/Samuelsson as the third line has proven chemistry and was the second line when used previously, so it allows for more even line rolling.

How much fun was this?

That second period might be the best hour of my life. Good lord. What a display. We should play outdoors more often.

And, seriously, does this finally earn Jiri Hudler some more ice time? Boy was on fire today. I love, love, love him with Hossa and Zetterberg. Such a dynamic line and it should be kept together.

Ah, what a delicious afternoon of hockey.