det.png

chi.png

1/1/2009

Preview- Red Wings at Blackhawks

Recap- Red Wings 6 at Blackhawks 4

Are you ready for the Winter Classic?

Video courtesy of CrossoverThrash

mjbkat.png

Chicago: 20-7-7, 11-1-4 Home Record, 47 pts; 2nd in Central Division, 4th Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Lost to DET 4-0

Detroit: 24-7-5, 11-4-3 Road Record, 53 pts; 1st in Central Division, 2nd Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Defeated CHI 4-0

Last CHI-DET meeting: 12/30, Blackhawks 0 at Red Wings 4 Recap

o0ntdw.png

Goals

CHI Patrick Sharp: 19

DET Marian Hossa: 17

Assists

CHI Patrick Kane: 25

DET Pavel Datsyuk: 26

Plus/Minus

CHI Duncan Keith: +19

DET Pavel Datsyuk: +15

----

CHI Adam Burish: -5

DET Kris Draper: -10

PIM

CHI Ben Eager: 63

DET Andreas Lilja: 30

2w6896p.png

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Zetterberg-Hossa

Hudler-Draper-Filppula

Meech-Kopecky-Maltby

WITH LIDSTROM

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda/Chelios-Lilja

WITHOUT LIDSTROM

Lilja-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda-Chelios

2ikw5yo.png

DET Ty Conklin

12-5-1, 2.43 GAA, .916 SV %, 3 SO

CHI Cristobal Huet

9-5-3, 2.30 GAA, .917 SV %, 1 SO

2la34nc.png

CHI: Adam Burish (ankle) doubtful, Brent Sopel (undisclosed) out

DET: Nicklas Lidstrom (ankle) status unknown, Mikael Samuelsson (illness) doubtful, Darren McCarty (groin) out, Chris Osgood (groin) will back up

WrigleyField_thumb.jpg

I need anyone who can find one to PM me a link to the game online, I am currently overseas visiting my fiancee's parents with her, and we want to watch the winter classic :D

It will be nice to have this game to watch on new years day especially when Michigan is not in a bowl game this year.

Edit: 7-6 Wings

Edited by MaynardJKeenan

It will be nice to have this game to watch on new years day especially when Michigan is not in a bowl game this year.

Edit: 7-6 Wings

Get used to Michigan not being in bowl games. They aren't going to be in one next year either.

You should be ok, just pretend that it's the NCAA basketball tournament.

hehehehee

Go Spartans!

Guest Shoreline

Let's Go Wings! I want to see another drubbing of the Blackhawks on national TV.

Won't miss a single minute of the game.

I will be wearing my Old English D replica sweater (not the 09 version, the original) and will be glued to the TV. I think the score will be either really low because of bad ice or really high because of some players being able to play VERY well on bad ice. But the former seems more likely.

Wings 3 (Hossa, Stuart, Franzen)

Hawks 2 (who cares)

I'm sitting watching the preview on NHL Network, wearing my Winter Classic hat. Awaiting my Winter Classic puck in the mail. I am still a few minutes away till I decide to put on my Winter Classic jersey!

"The Red Wings practised at Wrigley Field this afternoon and defenceman Nicklas Lidstrom (ankle) is expected to play in the Winter Classic tomorrow. "- TSN

Excellent :thumbup:

Lidstrom himself just confirmed it in an interview. Bummer for Cheli if he has to sit though.

From MLIVE:

Red Wings' Chris Chelios to play in Winter Classic

by Ansar Khan

Wednesday December 31, 2008, 4:09 PM

Wings defenseman Chris Chelios just confirmed that he will be playing in Thursday's Winter Classic. It's only fitting, since he's a Chicago native who's attended more than 200 Cubs games at Wrigley Field and likely is playing his final NHL season. No word yet on who'll be sitting out.

So it looks like Doc Emerick's voice is messed up so Dave Strader is doing play by play for NBC and Ed Olczyk on color commentary. That seems fair to me because Strader still loves the Wings and it's always very obvious when he does nationally televised games that he's rooting for Detroit. This will be a nice counterbalance to Ed Olczyk who I don't mind but always is clearly rooting for Chicago. Does anyone know if Pierre McLoser is going to be suspended from a cable above the ice?

Guest mindfly
Wings win 8-0!

Goals by Zetterberg, Franzen, Datsyuk, Hossa, Holmstrom, Hudler, Lidstrom and Chelios!

Mr.optimistic :D lol

Guest DetroitBoy313

Well it's here,and I can't believe it is.Time flies boy! Well I was at the game last night and had a blast and I'm pretty sure I will enjoy watching the game with my family tomorrow.GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!