• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Leafs acquire Brad May

Rate this topic

Huge surprise that Burke's first trade brings in Brad May.

Conditional pick to Anaheim.

You told me he wasn't interested in picking up veterans!

;)

Nah, I actually like this move. He's making almost nothing (600K) and adds some much needed veteran leadership to the forwards. 600k is dirt cheap, and assuming the conditional pick is very low this is a great move for the Leafs. May is a good example, in his younger days at least, of a driven player who gives everything and is gritty as all hell. I'm sure they want Schenn to mature into this type of blood and guts player.

Nah, I actually like this move. He's making almost nothing (600K) and adds some much needed veteran leadership to the forwards. 600k is dirt cheap, and assuming the conditional pick is very low this is a great move for the Leafs. May is a good example, in his younger days at least, of a driven player who gives everything and is gritty as all hell. I'm sure they want Schenn to mature into this type of blood and guts player.

It's a conditional 6th rounder in 2010. Apparently the condition is based on May re-signing, so I can't imagine that'll happen.

It's a conditional 6th rounder in 2010. Apparently the condition is based on May re-signing, so I can't imagine that'll happen.

Well in that case it was a great pick up. He's definitely worth 600k to the Leafs.

Burke seems infatuated with this guy, first in Vancouver, then in Anaheim, now with Toronto? I bet if Burke had a time machine he'd go back to his glorious reign as GM of the Whalers and try to wing a trade for May.

I love it. An ideal 2nd tier fighter for cheap, who brings leadership. Whether he brings anything on the ice or not is pretty irrelevant, he is there to change the team's attitude and image.

Yes, when he's not busy punching non-fighters unconscious or slashing people in the face he's got tons of character. My thoughts aside, he does have a reputation for being a good team guy, so hopefully he will do good things for Toronto.

I thought this was going to be a joke topic at first. Everybody was saying the first move Burke would make was to acquire Brad May.

Is he secretly Brian Burke's son or something?