• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Just when things couldn't get worse for the Isles...

Rate this topic

The Isles had to go out and bring Wade Dubielewicz back from Russia to stop-gap their long-list of goaltender injuries. Because of that, he had to clear waivers to be put on the Isles roster.

Columbus claimed Dubie off waivers this afternoon.

am i the only one who's a little surprised that is was the jackets that claimed him? is leclaire still injured? 'cause if not they've got a great starter and a backup who has struggled this year, but does have a lot of potential.

sorry about it, new york junior.

am i the only one who's a little surprised that is was the jackets that claimed him? is leclaire still injured? 'cause if not they've got a great starter and a backup who has struggled this year, but does have a lot of potential.

sorry about it, new york junior.

It is now 100% clear that the Blue Jackets intend to shop Leclaire, which is an extremely smart move given how well Mason is playing and Leclaire's potential trade value.

Leclaire is still injured, but they're hoping to have him back by the end of the month.... Norrena has since left for the KHL....

Edited by T-Ruff

Wow, thats a pretty ruthless move from Columbus. I know its all about competition, but CBJ's goaltending is strong right now, so this makes it a pretty opportunistic move. I was under the impression that under certain circumstances, there is somewhat of a Gentleman's agreement about claiming guys off waivers, and this seems like one of those situations.

Wow, thats a pretty ruthless move from Columbus. I know its all about competition, but CBJ's goaltending is strong right now, so this makes it a pretty opportunistic move. I was under the impression that under certain circumstances, there is somewhat of a Gentleman's agreement about claiming guys off waivers, and this seems like one of those situations.

I can't think of the player, but something similar happened with a player signing from Europe a few years ago.

Anyways, the Isles will likely have to turn to Gerber, Sanford or Sabourin now.

Face it.. its not like the Isles had a snow balls chance in hell anyways.. if they were smart they would just give up now and go for Tavares or Hedman.. Why try to improve your goaltending just enough to come in like 25th or 26th?.. But yeah it is still a pretty dick move by the Jackets haha..

Does anyone know how Dubi feels about this? I was under the impression that he enjoyed his time with the Isles. He did play pretty well for them. Then he signs a contract with them that requires him to move internationally and gets stuck going to Columbus instead of New York? I'd be pissed. Yeah, Columbus is playing well, but hes now a back-up as opposed to a starter and in Ohio instead of America's City.

:lol: Isels should be moved to Canada (Phoenix too).

I can't square with the thought of a four-time champ relocating. It's odd that Columbus would need him since they've had two of the hottest goalies these past two years.

Does anyone know how Dubi feels about this? I was under the impression that he enjoyed his time with the Isles. He did play pretty well for them. Then he signs a contract with them that requires him to move internationally and gets stuck going to Columbus instead of New York? I'd be pissed. Yeah, Columbus is playing well, but hes now a back-up as opposed to a starter and in Ohio instead of America's City.

"I'm excited and a little surprised to get this opportunity," Dubielewicz said by phone. "I thought I was going back to the Island. I'm getting a chance to joining a young and up-and-coming team that has a chance to make the playoffs."

EDIT: also this

Dubielewicz told reporters that he thought General Manager Garth Snow was joking when he said that Columbus had acquired him.

“He was disappointed, and I’m disappointed,” Dubielewicz said.

Edited by T-Ruff

I can't think of the player, but something similar happened with a player signing from Europe a few years ago.

Anyways, the Isles will likely have to turn to Gerber, Sanford or Sabourin now.

Sanford and Sabourin are decent, I would think even better than Dubielewicz.

Columbus is a damn good team, but they need scoring. They got 3 quality goaltenders in Mason, Norrina, and LeClaire. I don't understand why they don't try and trade one of them to a team like Ottawa for a top 6 forward. Ottawa needs to shed salary and needs a goalie, Blue Jackets need a quality forward. It'll happen, or both teams will probably miss the playoffs. Mason alone can't get this team winning on a consistent basis.

Columbus is a damn good team, but they need scoring. They got 3 quality goaltenders in Mason, Norrina, and LeClaire. I don't understand why they don't try and trade one of them to a team like Ottawa for a top 6 forward. Ottawa needs to shed salary and needs a goalie, Blue Jackets need a quality forward. It'll happen, or both teams will probably miss the playoffs. Mason alone can't get this team winning on a consistent basis.

Pretty sure he isn't with them anymore, which is why Dubie was picked up by them.

I would assume LeClaire is now being shopped around..

Pretty sure he isn't with them anymore, which is why Dubie was picked up by them.

I would assume LeClaire is now being shopped around..

Good thinking. Realistically, trading Spezza for Leclaire and a 1st round pick straight up would be a great deal. Ottawa completely sucks, they need a goalie more then any other team, and they could use their 2 first round picks to draft 2 D men and free up some huge cap room.