• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Esquire

TSN Top 10 Shootout Goals of 2009...so far

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted
http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/#clip132488

I'll never get sick of seeing that #1 goal.

:D

I actually thought Ribeiro's was the sweetest. I've never seen that move before, kinda tough reaching back around with only 1 hand on your stick. Lots of way to screw that attempt up and look like a schmuck. Props for pulling it off.

Guest Shoreline

Yeah Dats definitely deserved the #1 spot. Blake's move was damn good as well.

The only thing you could say against that Datsyuk deke is that the goalie could have been more aggressive and poked away the puck.

Other than that it's sweet as hell, def no.1.

Ribeiro move was nice too, even though it pains me to say it because I hate the guy.

I actually thought Ribeiro's was the sweetest. I've never seen that move before, kinda tough reaching back around with only 1 hand on your stick. Lots of way to screw that attempt up and look like a schmuck. Props for pulling it off.

I'll also have to say Ribeiro's could easily have been number 1, Datsyuk's classic move is amazing, but it didn't look all as impressive vs Harding as it did vs Turco or Vokoun....

Ribeiro has some slick moves, he almost buried this one vs Anahiem:

No doubt that would've cracked the top 3 on TSN's list

blakes #3 goal is sweet as all hell, but i have to ask, isnt it tech illegal in a shootout? i thought the rule was that the puck must maintain a forward motion in that it doesnt turn back... in a sense, you can skate behind the net for a wrap around exct... doesnt his spin violate that? or is this just a phantom rule im making up? im not sure. some one clear that up for me.

blakes #3 goal is sweet as all hell, but i have to ask, isnt it tech illegal in a shootout? i thought the rule was that the puck must maintain a forward motion in that it doesnt turn back... in a sense, you can skate behind the net for a wrap around exct... doesnt his spin violate that? or is this just a phantom rule im making up? im not sure. some one clear that up for me.

Check out the HF boards. There are pages .and pages of people chatting about the interpretation of that rule.

The CBA specifically states that the spin-o-rama is a legal move. No interpretation needed on that one.