• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
steveyzerman

He never wanted to Leave

Rate this topic

Q. You signed the contract. It’s been a little over a week now. Do you feel any extra weight with the burden of a 12-year contract?

HENRIK ZETTERBERG: Not really. Kind of have the same role I had a week ago or two weeks ago. You play a lot. Of course, it’s a lot of pressure. Playing in Detroit, the bar is real high. That’s the way it’s supposed to be. Expectations are high. Expectations are real high inside the locker room, too. We like it that way. If we lose a game, we get real pissed off. You just want to get back and win the next one.

Q. Regarding the contract, why not wait till July 1st to see what was out there? Why do it now instead of waiting to play the market a little bit?

HENRIK ZETTERBERG: Well, I think I made my decision a long time ago. When we started talking July 1st, I told my agent, Mark Levine, that I want to stay. You don’t have to tell Ken that right away, but I want to stay, just find a way. Have to find a deal that works for both of us.

I’ve been there for all my career. They’ve been really good to me, taken good care of me. I didn’t see a reason to wait for the open market ’cause I didn’t want to go anywhere else.

Read that & more here.

Hank gets PISSED when we lose. I thought that was just the fans. I have a total mancrush on him.

Guest Four
Read that & more here.

Hank gets PISSED when we lose. I thought that was just the fans. I have a total mancrush on him.

Don't we all?? :blush:

I always wondered how much the guys cared when they lost. I'm glad to hear they're PISSED. Sometimes it felt like when they went out there and couldn't get anything done, that they didn't care. This is refreshing.

I love that this club is so infused with a winning tradition. It's contagious. It brings out the best in everyone.

I always wondered how much the guys cared when they lost. I'm glad to hear they're PISSED. Sometimes it felt like when they went out there and couldn't get anything done, that they didn't care. This is refreshing.

I love that this club is so infused with a winning tradition. It's contagious. It brings out the best in everyone.

Exactly. I always thought they didn't mind to much. Maybe they'd be bummed, but I never imagined they'd be as pissed as us. Or that anyone would say. I love him. :ph34r:

I was about to drop coin on a Zetterberg jersey. Going back and forth.

Then he signed this deal, and Imma wait until I can get one with the C on it. :)

Nice. Though even after a good number of years, it's still weird for me to see someone besides #19 have the C.

Though they have said that Z is the next Yzerman. Sometimes I see it. Anyone?

Guest Four
I was about to drop coin on a Zetterberg jersey. Going back and forth.

Then he signed this deal, and Imma wait until I can get one with the C on it. :)

Why not buy it now, you can always get the C patched on later!

Ray Lewis let everyone know he wont be taking a "Hometown Discount" to stay with the Ravens stating "I dont play less ... if you dont play less, you dont take less."

Sums up why the NHL is more about being a team then a individual than any other sport

Exactly. I always thought they didn't mind to much. Maybe they'd be bummed, but I never imagined they'd be as pissed as us. Or that anyone would say. I love him. :ph34r:

Imagine their dressing room acting like LGW after a loss.

Nice. Though even after a good number of years, it's still weird for me to see someone besides #19 have the C.

Though they have said that Z is the next Yzerman. Sometimes I see it. Anyone?

There will NEVER be the next Yzerman. Hank is awesome but no-where near Stevie in any way shape or form.

What the F is a mancrush? Its sounds disgusting to me. He's an awesome player but I will never have a mancrush on any man....

Ray Lewis let everyone know he wont be taking a "Hometown Discount" to stay with the Ravens stating "I dont play less ... if you dont play less, you dont take less."

Sums up why the NHL is more about being a team then a individual than any other sport

Definately true. I'd be going into fits if any of the Wings had egos like that.