• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rwfan007

2009 Detroit Tigers Season Thread

Rate this topic

All that hard work by Jackson and our "awesome" bullpen let's him down. How man home runs are the guys out in the pen going to give up? Brandon is on a roll.

On one hand, there's blame to go around after that one: in the top of the 8th the offence failing to add to a lead with the bases loaded; in the bottom of the 8th a bad bounce on Inge leading to an error and a ball sneaking under Everett's glove prolonging the inning before Rolen's bomb.

But you could also tell Leyland had no confidence to go to the bullpen in the 8th and stuck with Jackson longer than he wanted to. I hope Lyon's getting that out of his system.

Jackson, Cabrera, and Inge look great. I'm with you rwfan007--some people love to dump on him, but Brandon's been my favorite for years too.

Edited by Third Man In

I don't know about my favorite, there really have been a lot of good guys to choose from over the past couple years, but Inge has always been up there for sure. Dude has stuck with the Tigers through thick and thin. He'll play in his 1,000th game as a Tiger very soon. I always said he needs to play third and not catch and his hitting will be fine.

Much better tonight. Miner got out of the first inning bases loaded, no out and cruised. I dont know who Perry is, but he's my new favorite bullpen pitcher.

Perry is the other hotshot rookie they brought north. He's supposed to have a pretty nasty fastball, but you must really hate our bullpen if that outing was enough to make him your favorite. I hope that was just majors-debut jitters and not his actual pitching style because Fernando Rodney is as much "wild, sometimes effectively" as I can take.

Perry is the other hotshot rookie they brought north. He's supposed to have a pretty nasty fastball, but you must really hate our bullpen if that outing was enough to make him your favorite. I hope that was just majors-debut jitters and not his actual pitching style because Fernando Rodney is as much "wild, sometimes effectively" as I can take.

Oh, I reaaaaaaaaallly hate our bullpen. Seen too many wins lost in 10 relief pitches.

love the fact that today and tomorrow's games are afternoon games. I got both days off from work so it works perfect. Really excited to see how Porcello does today. So far the starting pitching has impressed me albeit against Toronto. Hope that keeps on going today.

yeah, inge and everett had errors in the 4th or 5th inning that led to 2 runs, so in reality JV gave up 1 run in 5 innings of work. He had 97 pitches though, that needs to be cut down a bit so he can get into the 6th and 7th innings on a consistent basis. BUT a win is a win is a win. 3-3 as of now.

Man, Inge and the Tigers stole that one! 6 runs in the 8th to win the game... good fight in the guys!

I'll take this one in exchange for the one we blew in Toronto earlier in the week. Looks like a solid start to the season so far. Texas is Texas and still isn't real likely for the playoffs, but I've seen enough now that I think the Tigers will be in the hunt all year. Especially if the Tribe suck as bad as they looked this week :) and we can get 2 of 3 from Chicago next.