• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

Red Wings Trade Deadline Predicitions

Rate this topic

Bandwagoner or not, he's right. Osgood flat out sucks at the moment. Numbers don't lie. Conklin, an average goalie is much better than Osgood now. And it's not like Ozzie's gonna play good hockey all of sudden. Maybe he is just mentally and physically tired, I don't know but I would not count on him in the playoffs.

Here Far from Shore this guy understands hockey on its most rudimentary levels. Persistance my boy you'll grasp it one day, I'm sure you will.

We could say the same of the crappy defense that certainly wasn't helping Osgood by giving quality chances to the other team. Should dump them too.

Really? So how come Conklin has much better numbers behind the very same defence? I never said Osgood should be thrown under the bus but he sucks at the moment, simple as that. Simillar to Hasek last year. You can't blame everything on defence. Ozzie just lets in too many softies. Look up the numbers if you want, I am too lazy to do that for you.

Edited by Reds4Life

We could say the same of the crappy defense that certainly wasn't helping Osgood by giving quality chances to the other team. Should dump them too.

Come on man wake up look the low shot totals, Imagine what he'd look like i n Colorado or Calgary on regular 30plus shot nights. He'd be yanked every night. Hey don't Calgary need a back-up for the Kipper?

I predict we will get backstrom from the Wild. Crooklin sucks just as mush as ozzy this year. We need a better goalie if we are going to win. I'd be fine with letting hosser walk to get a good long term solution to goal. Hosser is awesome, but I don't like the idea if tying up all our money in 4 guys next year.....

feel free to call me stupid, but I'd bet on Backstrom comming here. Hopefully we can give up conklin, lebda, and sammy in the bargen. Conklen and ozzy are pretty much equally nice guys in my book, so the waiver wire can take there pick for aic

Edited by jellytoast

Guest Shoreline
Maybe you can help me with the quote function while I help you understand the game of hockey which includes goaltending.

Yes, your Osgood obsession has taught us enough. Now for the quote function lesson.. :D

Really? So how come Conklin has much better numbers behind the very same defence? I never said Osgood should be thrown under the bus but he sucks at the moment, simple as that. Simillar to Hasek last year. You can't blame everything on defence. Ozzie just lets in too many softies. Look up the numbers if you want, I am too lazy to do that for you.

I don't need to see numbers to tell the boys look more confident in front of Conklin and Osgood is struggling. However, this has nothing to do with the poster I responded to who has a penchant from post #1 to trash Ozzie. Right or wrong, I doubt he gives two s***s about the Red Wings.

I just love it how everyone seems to be throwing out the hypotheticals that mostly involve us getting rid of Franzen. Heck, there was an entire thread dedicated to it the other day (Hudler vs Franzen). The reason it is so amusing to me is all these people want to keep Huds and get rid of Franzen, except for the Wings managment. They seem to think the complete opposite, if you believe anything they have been saying for the past month. I just think it's funny that everyone says how great the Wings management is, yet all of us fans know more than they do. Sorry, didn't mean to pinpoint you, but it just seems there are alot of folks ready to get rid of Franzen to keep Huds. Very interesting stuff.

I think most people would love to keep both, but its a stretch. So then the debate becomes one of effectiveness, price, role, age, potential, relative strengths and weaknesses, team chemistry, etc. It is a reasonable debate, because someone's gotta go and if It's not one of these 2 or Hossa its Flip.

Edited by clutchngrab

I predict we will get backstrom from the Wild. Crooklin sucks just as mush as ozzy this year. We need a better goalie if we are going to win. I'd be fine with letting hosser walk to get a good long term solution to goal. Hosser is awesome, but I don't like the idea if tying up all our money in 4 guys next year.....

feel free to call me stupid, but I'd bet on Backstrom comming here. Hopefully we can give up conklin, lebda, and sammy in the bargen. Conklen and ozzy are pretty much equally nice guys in my book, so the waiver wire can take there pick for aic

If only your prediction would come through; believe me from there on in I'd refer to you as the astute one! Hey we have plenty of trading goods. I think highly of Holmstom for what he has done for the team over the years. But he is getting on so better to move him now to Minnnesota or any team in need of a veteran like him; look at Florida. If Hossa is going to stay around , I'm willing to part with Homer or even Franzen ,or both in a big deal.I believe like you they shouldn't be tying up too much long term money on the cap. Lots young talent coming up along with off season possibilities.

Yes, your Osgood obsession has taught us enough. Now for the quote function lesson.. :D

I don't need to see numbers to tell the boys look more confident in front of Conklin and Osgood is struggling. However, this has nothing to do with the poster I responded to who has a penchant from post #1 to trash Ozzie. Right or wrong, I doubt he gives two s***s about the Red Wings.

Yes I have trashed the mediocre Osgood from the get go on this board precisely because I love the Wings and as a team they deserve a better goalie, one by the way who can handle the puck ; something that Osgood never could get handle on . I've been a Wings fan forever I seen the low of lows and the high of highs- right Far from shore " there ain't no mountain higher". I just want another Cup and Osgood has become a major obstacle to that possibly taking place. What you don't grasp is evident in your petty banter along with your quite apparent lack of hockey sense. Roy Edwards look him up, one of the best Wings goalies we ever had in a mediocre team- the reverse of the situation of what we have today. You' ll get it eventually; Im confident of that.

My wishlist

Chris Neil (if healthy ,he took 32 stitchs to the back of his leg)

Gary Roberts ( I've wanted this guy on our team since about 2000)

Ian Laperriere (prolly a better version of Drake)

Danial Carcillo (I know it wont happen but it would be nice)

On Dmen I have not looked much but I would not mind a guy Like Witt on the NYI

if is even possible