• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

Red Wings Trade Deadline Predicitions

Rate this topic

Something big and unexpected something that might hurt when you 1st read it, but after we will be like yes!!!

Eg Remember when fan Fav Ray Sheppard went to San Jose for Larionov many people were like what?

Guest Shoreline

Kopecky and Maltby for Crosby and Malkin.

Osgood for Luongo.

Lebda for Chara.

Mark my words.

my god man I hope you are right... Nathan Horton would be amazing

IM on board with you guys. I really like Horton. Wicked wrister nice hands tough kid. I think he could do well with either Dats or Z with him.

IM on board with you guys. I really like Horton. Wicked wrister nice hands tough kid. I think he could do well with either Dats or Z with him.

plus one thing the wings need, it is english speaking stars. we lost yzerman, shanny, lapointe, and the grind line days are long gone. i think just from a fan interest point, as sorry as it is to say, holland must start thinking of infusing some n.american talent for the fans to identify with. we have helm and abdelkader up and coming, and soon we'l have horton and bouwmeester.

Guest Crymson
How is detroit gonna win a cup with osbad? (and no he won't magically play better just like that come playoff time)

I hope you'll be gone from these forums long before that.

I hope you'll be gone from these forums long before that.

Though in all honest, why do people insist that Oz is going to simply 'turn it on' come the post-season? Hasek was weak all last season, he clearly wasn't able to just flip a switch once the first round began.

I really don't think our roster is going to change all that much. I think we're pretty much going to see the same team we see now. Why would we? We have depth oozing out of our ears. Our 3rd liners would be 1st liners on other teams.

Of course, those are just my trade deadline predictions. Next season is a whole different story.

Guest MrSandMan

Straight up trade.... Mike Babcock straight across for Michael Therrien. Make it happen Kenny :thumbsup:

Backstrom for Filppula. Gotta call it just in case. :champs:

I've been begging for this to happen, it almost guarantees a cup with the rest of the team we have. We might have to throw in a pick(2nd or 3rd) to sweeten the deal. Lieno, whom we got for nothing can take his roster spot without the offense really skipping a beat. Granted we might not be able to sign backstrom during the offseason. From the info that has leaked out, it seems Franzen is shooting for 4million a year here. If for some reason he doesnt sign, that potential 4 million could go to signing backstrom at the end of the season. I initially thought he would seek more in the open market, but i read an article yesterday saying hes seeking between 4-5 per year to stay in Mini....if he likes our team, and drinks the cool aid, he MIGHT go for the 4 million. If i was Holland I would do this in a heart beat. Please make it happen kenny

From a free agent stand point over the last year, and taking into account the losses we would take for this to happen, were still better then a year ago in terms of personal. We gave up zero for personal to get Lieno and hossa. Hossa Lieno and backstrom is a nice chunk greater then losing franzen and flip.

(Lieno+ Hossa+ Backstrom) > (Franzen + FLip)

Edited by Probie

the wild are still within the playoffs they will not give up backstrom if they want to win.

who ever said kopecky and maltby for malkin and crosby i would not do that.

maybe kopecky and malts for malkin, i do not want to see crosby in a wings jersey. he is a hack and a cry baby.

Predictions:

- 7,467 individual posts including the phrase, or some variation, "Make it happen Kenny."

- 3 complete and total nuclear meltdowns by people angry Kenny did not make it happen.

- 5 Filppula arguments.

- 8 Osgood arguments.

- 254 LGWers who want Kenny to trade for a goalie.

- 254 LGWers who think that's silly.

- Zero goalie trades.

- 27 serious "Lilja and a pick for Crosby" suggestions.

- 2,700 "Sucky player X for a bag of pucks" suggestions (evenly divided between Sammy, Lilja, and, annoyingly, Flip.)

- 1 suspension and/or bannination.

- 1 very minor actual trade.

no way if I were Holland i would try Flip/1st for Chris Stewart from Colorado. There is no way in hell they would do that though, he is going to be sick. Imagine Chris Neil with real talent.........

You have to remember during the season Kenny rarely will trade roster players, it will either involve picks or prospects. But this team would love Stewart, N.A. and black for more Detroiters to relate to. Fights, scores, has it all.

Edited by ben_usmc

I've been begging for this to happen, it almost guarantees a cup with the rest of the team we have. We might have to throw in a pick(2nd or 3rd) to sweeten the deal. Lieno, whom we got for nothing can take his roster spot without the offense really skipping a beat. Granted we might not be able to sign backstrom during the offseason. From the info that has leaked out, it seems Franzen is shooting for 4million a year here. If for some reason he doesnt sign, that potential 4 million could go to signing backstrom at the end of the season. I initially thought he would seek more in the open market, but i read an article yesterday saying hes seeking between 4-5 per year to stay in Mini....if he likes our team, and drinks the cool aid, he MIGHT go for the 4 million. If i was Holland I would do this in a heart beat. Please make it happen kenny

From a free agent stand point over the last year, and taking into account the losses we would take for this to happen, were still better then a year ago in terms of personal. We gave up zero for personal to get Lieno and hossa. Hossa Lieno and backstrom is a nice chunk greater then losing franzen and flip.

(Lieno+ Hossa+ Backstrom) > (Franzen + FLip)

I would not be disappointed by that... though you are also giving up on Howard in this case. Osgood can not be moved or sent down, so there is realy no room for Howard who is no longer waiver-exempt.

Predictions:

- 7,467 individual posts including the phrase, or some variation, "Make it happen Kenny."

- 3 complete and total nuclear meltdowns by people angry Kenny did not make it happen.

- 5 Filppula arguments.

- 8 Osgood arguments.

- Zero goalie trades.

- 2,700 "Sucky player X for a bag of pucks" suggestions (evenly divided between Sammy, Lilja, and, annoyingly, Flip.)

reading this post.....PRICLESS

that might be as spot on as it gets :thumbup:

Predictions:

- 5 Filppula arguments.

- 8 Osgood arguments.

- Zero goalie trades.

Haha, yes!

Someone said we'd stand pat like last year, but we didn't stand pat last year. We swung for Stuart and he was huge in our Cup run.

I predict something like that. Judging from our cap sitaution it would have to be a full-on trade, but it'll happen, probably for a defensive defender.

Not earth-shattering, but someone with a mean streak and responsibility in their own zone.

That is my prediction.