• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Ville Leino is House M.D.

Rate this topic

oh wow. now that you said something, they do look alike. if he played hockey the way doctor house is a doctor, he would be an excellent player. Just think. a player that goes around pissing people off, but can score a lot of goals too.

Dont really see the house, well maybe a little...but....

I personally think Leino looks more like

Kevin Durand from Smokin' Aces and LOST

untitled.jpgLeino_Ville_06_01.jpg

Edited by OsGOD

Leino has a better ppg ratio than both Zetterberg and Datsyuk's rookie years, and better than Zetterberg's sophomore year. If he played a full year at the rate he is at, he would end up about 4-5 points behind Datsyuk's 82 game potential in Dats' second year with the nhl. Not bad for his first 11 nhl hockey games, and only a half season of playing NA hockey.

Pretty impressive, but these numbers are taken from an 11 game sample size, so keep that in mind.

Leino has a better ppg ratio than both Zetterberg and Datsyuk's rookie years, and better than Zetterberg's sophomore year. If he played a full year at the rate he is at, he would end up about 4-5 points behind Datsyuk's 82 game potential in Dats' second year with the nhl. Not bad for his first 11 nhl hockey games, and only a half season of playing NA hockey.

Pretty impressive, but these numbers are taken from an 11 game sample size, so keep that in mind.

If Ville Leino played an entire season at this PPG rate, he would have 59-60 points. I won't complain with that.

This is how great he looked in GR for the first few months... then he hit a wall in the New Year. Leino is going to be a great player who scores lots of goals, but he'll have to get used to the constant grind of NA hockey first. This is what happens to nearly every European player that comes over after playing a few seasons of professional hockey over there... they just aren't used to playing so much hockey in such a small time frame at such a high intensity.

I'm hoping that the time in GR got Leino acclimated to the grind because he looks over it at this point. It's also worth mentioning that the travel accomedations are pretty fatiguing in the AHL and he also likely had some motivation issues when it became apparent that the Wings couldn't call him up earlier in the season (due to cap issues) regardless of how well he played.

I'm a huge Leino supporter, I just don't want people to expect him to keep up his goal every other game pace for the rest of the year and into the playoffs. I wouldn't be too surprised to see him get even better as the season closes but I'm not going to expect him to walk into the playoffs as one of the top six forwards either.

I dont see it too much, I do think hes looking a lot like Z in many ways though ;)

I really think he should stay in the NHL from now on though, even if they have to send helm down again. Mark my words you can teach an offensive player to be defensive more than you can teach a defensive player to be a goal scorer.