• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Brendan Morrison, Gary Roberts and Miroslav Satan all waived

Rate this topic

THANK GOD Morrison is a waste of a pair of skates :thumbup: :thumbup: hopefully SOMEONE claims him please...

Edited by Duck Guy

Too bad Roberts cap hit is so high, I wouldn't mind seeing him finish his career here, kinda adds a Drake factor on the 4th line... we just simply can't afford him without sheding some cap space first...

Edited by stevkrause

If the Bolts waived Roberts, would we only need to pick up half his remaining salary if we picked him up? He has a $2M cap hit this year. In fact, why not send a low round pick their way and get him before he has a chance to be claimed?

I remember asking on the old Thunderpuck forums a few years ago "just how good is Brendan Morrison?" I guess now we know the answer - hanging onto the coat-tails of Naslund and Bertuzzi.

Despite the cheap s*** he pulled against us in the playoffs, picking up Gary Roberts for nowt is tempting - this is probably his last kick at the can.

If the Bolts waived Roberts, would we only need to pick up half his remaining salary if we picked him up? He has a $2M cap hit this year. In fact, why not send a low round pick their way and get him before he has a chance to be claimed?

No, you'd pick up his full remaining salary because he's on standard waivers. Once a player is placed on waivers, he can't be traded until he clears waivers. I highly doubt Roberts will clear.

at what point does the cap hit end? Is it after the trade deadline you can bring people up without it affecting the cap or is it after the season is over?

Once the regular season is over. And you only get four non-emergency recalls after the deadline.

No, you'd pick up his full remaining salary because he's on standard waivers. Once a player is placed on waivers, he can't be traded until he clears waivers. I highly doubt Roberts will clear.

but if he does clear, would his entire $2MM be the hit or half? (if we traded for him?)

Only the remaining salary of claimed player will count against the cap. So I think Roberts would fit under the cap in Red Wings. They are 28th in the claiming list, so most likely it won't happen.

Of the 82 regular season games about 60 has been played, so only 1/4 of players' salaries are left.

If a player is traded or claimed from waivers the team where he ends up pays the rest of his salary. If a player is claimed from re-entry waivers the team where he ends up pays only half of his remaining salary and his ex-team pays the other half.

Edited by P. Marlowe

Didn't he score 2 goals against the Wings earlier this season?

Yes he did, I was at the game in October. I had no idea who he was before that game, but he was noticable on the ice and throwing his weight around. I wonder why NY would waive him, perhaps to make room for Avery?

Yes he did, I was at the game in October. I had no idea who he was before that game, but he was noticable on the ice and throwing his weight around. I wonder why NY would waive him, perhaps to make room for Avery?

I think they figured Avery is the same type of player that Voros is, so there really is no need for Voros anymore.

Didn't he score 2 goals against the Wings earlier this season?

Yes, but then he went from late November until...has he even scored a goal since late November?

He may have had one in the past week..but last time I checked. From late November to the middle of February with no goals...

Yes, but then he went from late November until...has he even scored a goal since late November?

He may have had one in the past week..but last time I checked. From late November to the middle of February with no goals...

I think he's doing better than Maltby...