• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Brendan Morrison, Gary Roberts and Miroslav Satan all waived

Rate this topic

Roberts or Satan would be interesting in the playoffs, but who would the Wings sit??

Kopecky?

Roberts is well beyond his "best before" date he looked sad out there even in last years playoff

Only guy that still thought he had anything was Don Cherry and we know he 's certifiable

Roberts ia a cheap shot artist who can't skate No Thanks AT ALL

SATAN on our team?? How could we lose with SATAN maybe get Sadamm too from South Park........

Satan would be an interesting grab, imo, but someone will grab him before us regardless.

Can't believe Shero couldn't even get a 7th or some low end prospect for him. Sure, he's been streaky and soft, but 17 goals is practically a godsend for some of the teams out there.

Gary Roberts?

Veteran.

Mean.

Grumpy.

Hardnosed.

Takes no prisoners.

Lots of cursing.

Knows how to win.

Over to you Kenny...

PS- Resign in Ottawa, Mr. Chris Neil. Ya bum.

You forgot:

"Fragile"

"Chelios skates better"

and

"Bad Penalties"

PS- Resign in Ottawa, Mr. Chris Neil. Ya bum.

They are trying to get him under contract. We'll see what happens.

You forgot:

"Fragile"

"Chelios skates better"

and

"Bad Penalties"

Actually my original post was more of a vote for Roberts over Neil, if we need to get one of them. These boards have been very active with the notion that Chris Neil is so friggin' awesome. I find it hilarious, but chalk it up to some the RW fans insanity this time of year.

Actually my original post was more of a vote for Roberts over Neil, if we need to get one of them. These boards have been very active with the notion that Chris Neil is so friggin' awesome. I find it hilarious, but chalk it up to some the RW fans insanity this time of year.

The problem with Roberts is that he makes almost double what Kris Draper makes.

I personally think that we're better off with what we have than with either, at this point. Wouldn't mind seeing a rental d-man, though. I think that hangs in the balance of how well Ericsson does on his time up.

Guest DetroitBoy313
We have Leino and Helm.

We don't need any forwards.

True.We really don't need any of these guys.Morrison was supposed to be a young forward on the rise man,what the hell happen to that guy?

I personally think that we're better off with what we have than with either, at this point.

For the first time in a few seasons at least, I really don't care if Kenny makes a move or not. And i've been leading the way on bashing Kenny's non-moves for the last how many seasons?? :rolleyes:

This team has everything needed to make another run at the Cup. Health mixed with a Cup hangover is the reason I see this team not playing out of their minds EVERY NIGHT like some people expect. It's ridiculous. Statement games? I think we see how this team responds.

Believe me, when Game #1 comes, and the puck is dropped, this team knows how to finish the job. There will be no letdown. I do find it amusing people talk about "what's wrong with the Red Wings?", when we've lost all of 14 games. <_<

But since there is a group of fans who think our team IS soft, gets pushed around, and boo hoo about Lilja losing his last fight, well then, i'll take Roberts over Neil. Those who applaud guys like Downey, who while part of our team, yes, I just couldn't care less seeing in the lineup. He brings nothing to justify sitting someone else out. But if he crushes a face or two, I guess it's soooooooo worth it. :thumbdown:

I realize Roberts salary is an issue, but aside from that, with this likely being his last kick at the can, boy oh boy would he be on a mission.

remember when the Wings and Aves were "battling" off ice for Kasparitis in 2002? Well, we all know who won the battle for him, yet we all know who won the war that year! If Neil goes to San Jose, let them eat cake, because it won't be for free and it MIGHT, MIGHT upset their chemistry. If we can get some depth fine, if not, then lets roll with our team how it is! The fact of the matter is, sign Hossa and we'll be there almost every year and that is more important than ANY rental player! Lets Get It ON! Forget the rest of the season, lets start it now!

If that happens they need to allow 3 digit numbers aswell.

no, you don't want to be obvious, you have to be subtle with things like that. Much like religion is, you have to have hidden meanings and symbols. Just give him #6. That'll 6 on one shoulder, 6 on his back and 6 on the other shoulder! :devil:

I am not quite sure the NHL would allow them to sign him, funny or not, there would be a LOT of protest against the NHL and the Devils organization for that. Too mych negative press for Bettmans liking!

Edited by LeftWinger

Dumb question, but can a player on Waivers play for their team until they clear/get claimed? I only ask cause im watching the Pens game till the wings game starts and satan is in.

Dumb question, but can a player on Waivers play for their team until they clear/get claimed? I only ask cause im watching the Pens game till the wings game starts and satan is in.

I noticed that myself. Bell's playing in Ottawa, too.

Gotta be tough for the player to get psyched into the game at hand knowing he may be 48 hours away from riding the bus in the AHL or playing three time zones away.

I remember asking on the old Thunderpuck forums a few years ago "just how good is Brendan Morrison?" I guess now we know the answer - hanging onto the coat-tails of Naslund and Bertuzzi.

Because he got waived a good six years after that line was in their heyday?