• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/10 GDT: Coyotes 2 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

The Wings are really gonna have to bring it against Calgary Thursday. Ericsson's gonna have to watch some good fight clips; our D cannot be afraid of being slammed against the boards; and I really don't want to see Hossa in that game. You know they will go after him, as they will Datsyuk, Zetts and Huds the Hulk.

...Among other things.

:shocking:

Yeah, Calgary will play the Wings rough. I will be there, so I have faith that the Wings will play well. Then again, I was there for the 8-2 debacle.

Mediocre game, but nice to get the 2 points! And is Franzen clutch in OT or what?

Not to get ahead of ourselves worrying about the East, but Boston lost and SJ may come out with 1 point! Hooray!

SJ's 2nd win since losing to the Wings. And Franzen's just doing his late-season charge thing, how many GWG did he have last year?

I'm half-thinking Zetterberg and/or Datsyuk are hurting a bit. They just seem uncharacteristically weak lately and we know those guys aren't slackers. I'm really glad Ericcson having some success. I hope he earns a spot on the roster for the playoffs. It'd be nice to have another big body out there who worked his ass off for a spot. I'm sure Lids is hurting more than he's letting on and even though he's still mostly fine, I think he'll be as great as ever in playoffs when it counts like Yzerman always was. And generally, if our defense can't learn to cycle and control the puck again, it will be tough to get things going in their zone.

I didn't watch the game, but even if we won this one 5-0 like last week against St. Louis, I feel like they're talking this up too much. Phoenix??? Depleted Phoenix at that. No playoff chance pathetic Phoenix and they have to go to OT to get a 3-2 win? I ain't trying to be a downer at all about a win, but it seems premature to talking anything too far up either.

Either D/Z are hurting or just trying to save energy or are injuried b/c they have not looked normal, although Dats did have some nice take aways. Lids actually looked really good he even started a small scrum it looked like, cover Raffy's ass. No chance Big Rig isn't on the playoff roster he looks better then Meech/Lebda/Chelios/Kronner/Stu/Raffy, not that I'm saying they are bad but he has played MUCH better and I wasn't sure why everyone was all about him at 1st, he saved a goal tonight. Raffy really needs to get his ass and soon.

2nd part completly agree they didn't look good.

They just showed Jason Bateman at the Blues,Stars game.

"There are just so many poorly chosen words in that sentence." Great show.

Guest DetroitBoy313
"There are just so many poorly chosen words in that sentence." Great show.

Huh?

Arrested Development.

Thank you. That is the only thing I think of when I hear Jason Bateman's name.

Edited by Mike

Guest DetroitBoy313
Arrested Development.

Oh! Honestly,I never saw one episode of that show.Man,I barely watch TV other than sports.

That about sums it up.

Yup, except that Meech is even more useless as a forward than defense and this team misses Hossa, Helm and Leino. Sammie is in the middle of one of his incredible disappearing acts which seems to last for games. All in all the team looks flat except for Kopie, Flip and that new kid on D.

God that game was boring, but good to get the win.

Ya it was.. the flames game should be more exciting.. But of course i will not be able to see it because of work :*(

Holy crap some of you are whiners. So far in this thread I've read that the game was boring, Rafalski needs a kick in the balls, the Wings are lazy and Osgood sucks.

43 SOG is not boring

Rafalski scored

43 SOG is not lazy, they played good defense as well, the deflection was a great one

Osgood didn't play

Seriously, we came away with a win so if you don't have anything good to say about the team, shut the hell up.

He's always been a solid D-man and a good shot blocker. That being said, he still had a tendency to turn the puck over in his own end last year. That tendency has disappeared this year, which is a good thing considering the rest of the team is doing it more.

IMHO, that tendency went away before last season as well. He didn't commit any more defensive-zone turnovers than the majority of our D-men, it just that people on LGW focused on them more since the season prior to that.

Saying the game was boring doesn't mean we have nothing good to say about the team.

apparently your only allowed to ***** if they lose, or compliment if they win. It is that clear cut, we also aren't allowed to have our own opnions <_<

Holy crap some of you are whiners. So far in this thread I've read that the game was boring, Rafalski needs a kick in the balls, the Wings are lazy and Osgood sucks.

43 SOG is not boring

Rafalski scored

43 SOG is not lazy, they played good defense as well, the deflection was a great one

Osgood didn't play

Seriously, we came away with a win so if you don't have anything good to say about the team, shut the hell up.

It was the thread that was boring. There were no streams, and so a lot of us just sat here waiting for news and wondering if we had anything growing in our carpet.

Total agreement on the Osgood sucks thing.