• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/23 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Flames 5

Rate this topic

In the end though, we were just shut down in the neutral zone, and never really got many opportunities to set anything up.

Through about 50 minutes there I felt like both defenses were doing a really good job of preventing anything from happening. Had it not been for Ozzie's softies there wouldn't have been any goals at all for a while. Once the Flames dropped back into a defensive posture the Wings took advantage and scored, because that's what usually happens when you drop back into a defensive posture, but obviously the deficit was too big when combined with the ******* goals that were waived off.

The Kronwall one was a goddamn joke, the whistle went before the puck had even rebounded off the backboards. Seriously? Isn't it somebody's job to follow the puck and the play and make good judgments?

I hate to blame officiating because normally, despite the unfair, amoral universe that we live in, things tend to even out. Tonight, Ozzie's bad start was half and the horrendous refereeing was the other, there's no two ways about it. The Wings deserved better.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Can't agree as I haven't seen a decent EA NHL game since 94.

If I had the option to smack around refs in 2K9 I surely would do that for a while.

94 was arcade hockey. 09 is the closest thing to playing for real. I get just as pissed at the Wings defense and goaltending in the game as I do in real life.

One of these days, the Wings might actually have to sign a goalie who can win 40-50 games by himself.

This piecemeal goaling situation has been going on for far too long, and it's ******* disgusting.

Yeah, what a disgusting cup they won with the same goalie.

I understand the critique on Osgood for this game, but you people act like you've been forced to watch an abomination of a goaltender for the past 14 years.

I just hope that ozzie or Ty play decent, not even asking for great, just decent enough to not let in those soft goals that have no reason for going in the net. If we get that, the team takes over the rest.

Osgood lost us this game tonight, 3 WEAK goals, and the refs made sure that it stayed that way. Glad to see that the offense decided to show up. Better late than never I guess.

I just hope that ozzie or Ty play decent, not even asking for great, just decent enough to not let in those soft goals that have no reason for going in the net. If we get that, the team takes over the rest.

that seems to be a tall order this season.

Guest Shoreline
94 was arcade hockey. 09 is the closest thing to playing for real. I get just as pissed at the Wings defense and goaltending in the game as I do in real life.

They've always been arcade. Always. Should've tried Faceoff or the 2K/ESPN series, and you'd see why.

Guest Shoreline

I understand the critique on Osgood for this game, but you people act like you've been forced to watch an abomination of a goaltender for the past 14 years.

How quickly they forget, or how late they become fans.

I would've loved for us to get the couple of points tonight, but there are definitely some positives to take away from this loss. Look at it any way you want, Osgood gave up three soft goals today, and the referees were completely against us (absolutely BRUTAL). And even with Kipper having a great game, we came within one lucky bounce from tying it up.

I'm not too worried about Osgood; I just hope he doesn't let this game go to his head. He's proven lately that he's getting back to his previous form, so I think people shouldn't come down too hard on him for having a bad game.

This is not the same goalie they had last year.

Last year, Osgood was somebody else other than Osgood.

Guest Shoreline
I'm not too worried about Osgood; I just hope he doesn't let this game go to his head. He's proven lately that he's getting back to his previous form

QFT.

so I think people shouldn't come down too hard on him for having a bad game.

.. and good luck with that.

Ozzie did worry me a bit today. Didn't like what I saw at all this game.

Guest Shoreline
Speaking of NHL 09, the officiating tonight reminded me of some of the boarding calls I get in NHL 09.. that is, they don't even make sense from a rulebook standpoint.

Well, at least in hockey games they are more random than anything else. In this game, the refs just purposely didn't call penalties against the Flames. I mean, fixing a game sounds a bit extreme, but what else is one supposed to call it when the refs largely determine the outcome of a game so flagrantly?

disconcerting to say the least. letting in one goal of the quality he let in today wouldn't be too concerning, but three... you just shouldn't see that from a starting goalie at any level. he's been playing well lately, too. my biggest worry is that this will tangibly affect the confidence he's slowly built over the last couple of weeks. he's been so shakey all year and hasn't been playing with confidence. i just hope a s*** game like today doesn't mean he reverts back to playing scared and over-thinking/analyzing. <_<

If the season had started six or seven games ago, no one would give it a second thought. This is gonna happen.

The season being what it has means Ozzie's under the microscope at this juncture -- or, given that it's the Red Wings, more so than usual.

Well, at least in hockey games they are more random than anything else. In this game, the refs just purposely didn't call penalties against the Flames. I mean, fixing a game sounds a bit extreme, but what else is one supposed to call it when the refs largely determine the outcome of a game so flagrantly?

It was all quite absurd, but chalk it up to incompetence over partiality.

Speaking of NHL 09, the officiating tonight reminded me of some of the boarding calls I get in NHL 09.. that is, they don't even make sense from a rulebook standpoint.

The officiating in that game is horrible. In Be A Pro mode, I get hacked and checked in front of the net with zero calls and the second I touch the guy I get an interference penalty.

Incompetence? Idiocy? Blindness? Bulls***?

What are the grounds for a protest, because that officiating was bad. If that last 9 mins was played with proper refs the outcome may have been different( or the same). I am up for the players deciding the game, but up to a certain point.