• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
spyder

Worst Channel to watch hockey on.

Rate this topic

What channel has the absolute worst hockey coverage/most annoying incompetant announcers and or anything else negative you can come up with. Also who has the best and why.

Worst:

1. NBC - Pierre McGuire, nuff said, also it causes a FSN-Detroit blackout.

2. Versus - Like a cheap, lame attempt at copying ESPN, and it always causes my FSN-D to be blacked out.

3. FSN-Tennesee - Absolute s*** announcer

4. Any local affilate station that carries a red wings away game, and you happen to live in their area.

Best:

1. Fox Detroit - Ken and Mickey, best announcers in all of TV, best overall and consistant broadcasts, you can expect the same quality and format game after game.

2. CBC - Great coverage and always competent announcers, its from canada, and a novelty to watch because its almost never shown in the us

In sweden it's no doubt ESPN America, but it's not due to content or staff. Just the fact that the quality is like anti-HD and not even widescreen :(

Edited by theswede

Versus and NBC are pretty bad in general. Luckily I live in Canada so I can watch the TSN/CBC feeds. I must say though, I really enjoy the FSN-D feeds when I get a chance to watch them.

What channel has the absolute worst hockey coverage/most annoying incompetant announcers and or anything else negative you can come up with. Also who has the best and why.

Worst:

1. NBC - Pierre McGuire, nuff said, also it causes a FSN-Detroit blackout.

2. Versus - Like a cheap, lame attempt at copying ESPN, and it always causes my FSN-D to be blacked out.

3. FSN-Tennesee - Absolute s*** announcer

4. Any local affilate station that carries a red wings away game, and you happen to live in their area.

Best:

1. Fox Detroit - Ken and Mickey, best announcers in all of TV, best overall and consistant broadcasts, you can expect the same quality and format game after game.

2. CBC - Great coverage and always competent announcers, its from canada, and a novelty to watch because its almost never shown in the us

I was forced to watch the Wings beat the Ducks while working in Las Vegas. The hotel I stayed in had LA channels. The Fox Sports LA Announcers are the worst I've ever heard (ever worse than Chicago announcers). I don't know how many times a player came to "the moment of truth", or how many times Detroit had a "lucky bounce". The Fox LA announcers win my award for the worst ever!

Vs. is the worst. They go from hockey to bull-riding. :blink:

NBC shows the same commercials after every break, and then Pierre Mcguire :scared:

FSN Detroit gets my vote as it has The Mickster.

CBC is great but they can be a little biased against the wings.

I sure wish I had TSN. Chris Cuthbert is one of the best play-by-play announcers.

Edited by adam12

You guys and gals are lucky any network, especially a national one, chooses to broadcast hockey. It's not like the NHL garners fantastic ratings.

Oh and it's not Bettman's fault either. It's the owners' fault. They hired Bettman. They allowed him to continue his reign, and Bettman acts on the owners' behalf, and they haven't fired him yet.

Guest tini

Worse- NBC and Versus...

Anouncing sucks..and I think their camera angels are sometimes slow..

Best- Fsn

Mickey...thats all i have to say about that.