• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyerberger

Women -- In the Upper Tiers of Hockey?

Rate this topic

Bettman would love women in the NHL. It would mean less fighting. I don't think men would check women as hard or as often. That would change the game, and ruin it in my humble opinion. Some things need to remain gender-specific, methinks. Think they'll let a man on a pro womens' basketball team? Think we'll ever see a woman and a man in a boxing ring together? Gender-specific is not always wrong.

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS

^^^

BRTD nailed with the basketball comparison. A team of college men would destroy the WNBA All Stars. The USA Women's hockey team warms up by playing junior league teams. The best female golfer in the world didn't do anything on the PGA. Men and women are built differently. It's biology. No amount of feel-good PC thinking is going to change that.

There is no need to say anything else... but I will.

There is no chance in hell that this ever happens. If anything, the NHL would start the WNHL (please kill me when that happens) for the ladies. Women cannot and will not play in men's professional sports, not while any of us are alive... not until genetic engineering is like walking into Walgreens for cold medication.

The psychology alone would be the biggest hurdle... no matter what people say, watching another man crush a woman would be horrifying. I don't even think Jordin Tootoo or Sean Avery could do it... possibly Claude Lemiux.

I know there are women who are exceptional and downright amazing physically. They just aren't and won't be as gifted physically as the men playing in the sport. As women get bigger and stronger, so do men. The talent pool will evolve on both sides.