• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/9 GDT: Predators 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

Current Streaks

Season Streaks

Overall: 2-game winning streak

Home: 1-game winning streak.

Streaks vs. Nashville

Overall: 2-game losing streak (1 shutout)

Home: 1-game losing streak.

Record on this Date

This is the 18th game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 17 games:

8W-7L-2T.

This is the 8th regular season game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 7 games:

3W-2L-2T.

LGW.

Blues Fan here, just registered to say that if you guys could win in regulation today, i might possibly reconsider wishing you all a painful death :P .

But seriously, winning this game means that we only need 1 point in our final 2 games (against Colombus and Colorado) to clinch a playoff spot. Please give us a hand here, I have to say i was bit dissapointed with your last game against Nashville, close out the game strong this time.

Good luck and hopefully we meet in the playoffs. :cool:

Edited by Kreegz2

I don't know if the Wings rest players, or if they still get up for these last games.

Last two games, against Minnesota and Buffalo, the Wings have pretty much looked like the team that won the cup last year.

I'm not counting out another Ozzie-breakdown, but it looks like the team is starting to gear up for the playoffs.

If the Wings play like they've been playing the last couple of games, this one shouldn't be a problem. I guess it comes down to how bad the Preds really want it. It would be awesome to see Pavel get his three points with a hattie tonight! It wouldn't hurt either if he knocked Tootoo on his ass! Should be a hard fought game. Come on guys 3 in a row!

Wings win it 5-2!

Blues Fan here, just registered to say that if you guys could win in regulation today, i might possibly reconsider wishing you all a painful death :P .

But seriously, winning this game means that we only need 1 point in our final 2 games (against Colombus and Colorado) to clinch a playoff spot. Please give us a hand here, I have to say i was bit dissapointed with your last game against Nashville, close out the game strong this time.

Good luck and hopefully we meet in the playoffs. :cool:

YOU were disappointed?! I was ready to fly to Deetroit to whup some of our boyz around the head with my purse. <_<

I'd be ok by me if we end up playing your guys sometime during this ice-related elimination bidness. Less travel for both, and I hate Anaheim on all counts.

Guest mindfly
Update from Joe Louis Arena today: The Wings are looking for a third straight victory tonight when they host the point-hungry Predators.

Nashville is in ninth place in the Western Conference, two points behind St. Louis. Both the Predators and Blues have two games remaining.

“We’re excited to have Nashville in here,” Mike Babcock said. “They beat us the last two games they played us. We were up 2-1 going into the third last game and I thought we had every opportunity to win and didn’t do it. So let’s get after it.

“We’ve got a good hockey club and we think we’re getting ready here. We like the way Ozzie is rounding into shape, our penalty kill has gotten better here, so we like the opportunity facing us.”

The combos for tonight are expected to be:

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Hudler-Filppula-Samuelsson

Kopecky-Draper-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lebda

Osgood is starting in goal.

The Wings wrap up the season at home Saturday against the Blackhawks and Sunday at Chicago.

Edited by mindfly

Apparently the Arby's curse only haunts the Red Wings. Free sandwich today because the Tigers hit 3 HR last night.

Anyway, Wings come away with this one, hopefully demolishing the Preds. I'll say 6-1.

Guest mindfly

Do people work on good friday across the pond? If not there I expect many pages in the GDT :)

Do people work on good friday across the pond? If not there I expect many pages in the GDT :)

Most do if they would have worked that day anyway. Back in the day, lots of places shut down, but nowdays very few do.

I was wondering what that had to do with anything since today is Thursday, but then I realized that -DUH- unlike me, most people work during the day, so a game tonight would influence their getting up for work tomorrow.

Since the Tigers got rid of the Arby's curse, I'd like to amend my prediction and predict that Malts will get 6 goals. Then we can have 2 free sandwiches.

This could be tough one, Preds HAVE to win and the Wings well not so much.

Just hoping for no major breakdowns.

Wings 4-2

All Z's hard work this season pays off with 3 goals and a helper.

Edited by Johnny Law

IT'S NOT WORTH WINNING IF YOU CAN'T WIN BIIIGGGG!!!!!!

Probably one of the best movie lines of all time. I'm also fond of "It's not worth playin' if you can't win." God Bless Coach Reilly!

" It's not worth winning, If you can't win BIG" I always thought that was a strange line But i liked it , Should play it at the Joe

when we are up on a team big-time.

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan