• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Cleary injured in practice?

Rate this topic

Guest MrSandMan
Link

Kronner hit him into the boards during a drill and he left the ice.

Kopecky and Sammy get promoted in his absence and Helm centered Draper and Malts.

Need to follow this one closely...

The good news is Kronner is BACK and ready to SMASH!!!!

Yeah, Cleary, one of the hardest working guys on this team day in and day out, who isn't a top producer but still puts up a pretty good number of points, who is easily in the top three on our team to place in front of the net... you're right. He's useless. :rolleyes:

I love Cleary. He's easily my favorite player on the Detroit Red Wings for the pure heart and motivation he shows every second he's on the ice. Best wishes to him and here's to him being a-okay! :beerbuddy:

I knew that comment would get a rise out of you...

This is a troublesome development if he is hurt serriously. If you don't get that then well, I just don't know if you get hockey. He is a gritty role players with heart. You cannot get far without that.

I knew that comment would get a rise out of you...

This is a troublesome development if he is hurt serriously. If you don't get that then well, I just don't know if you get hockey. He is a gritty role players with heart. You cannot get far without that.

IF he's hurt seriously. I'm going to go ahead and save myself the unnecessary heartache until I know for sure that he is.

Also, who ever said that I didn't get it? I get it perfectly fine.. I just want to wait until I hear what's up with him before I go nutso.

So at 11:42 these were the lines:

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Zetterberg-Samuelsson

Hudler-Filppula-Kopecky

Draper-Helm-Maltby

Now at 1:13, these are *supposedly* the lines:

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Hudler-Filppula-Samuelsson

Kopecky-Helm-Maltby (Draper some shifts)

This doesn't add up with Cleary leaving earlier in the practice.

Draper's a no-go and given that Cleary can't go for Game 1 I'm gonna wager something along these lines (no pun intended):

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Zetterberg-Samuelsson

Hudler-Filppula-Kopecky

Leino-Helm-Maltby

Personally, I'd rather see:

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Zetterberg-Hudler

Samuelsson-Filppula-Kopecky

Leino-Helm-Maltby

If Cleary can go, this is what I'd like to see:

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Hossa

Samuelsson-Filppula-Cleary

Kopecky/Leino-Helm-Maltby

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Hossa

Samuelsson-Filppula-Kopecky

Leino-Helm-Maltby

i wonder why did Babcock split Pav and Hank again..Hank is twice the player when he plays with Pavel. Hossa can carry his own line easily.

Also, who ever said that I didn't get it? I get it perfectly fine.. I just want to wait until I hear what's up with him before I go nutso.

Oh you get it, I was talking about the guy who thinks he is worthless. That guy doesn't get it.

I am not worried yet, but I am more worried then I was before this happened lol.

And we don't?

the point is that why call up leino if he will not actually be guaranteed to play? Leave him in GR to help his team out and gain at least some kind of playoff experience. Later if something happens where we need another forward, he'll get the call

i wonder why did Babcock split Pav and Hank again..Hank is twice the player when he plays with Pavel. Hossa can carry his own line easily.

I agree this is one of two things I hate about Babcock.

I would just let those two play together forever. Chemistry is number one.

Id imagine that its because pavs pulls out the best in hossa and when that line is together they finish the job more often than not. Yea pavs pulls out the best in hank but hank and franzen play pretty damn well together tooo

Man i can't wait for Kronwall's hunting season, plus now he's got to teach ericsson how to do it, and don't forget stuart steps it up physically now too, here we go again... Just odnt do it on cleary next time, ok, and if kronner thought he was delivering a baby bump to cleary imagine what will happen to rick nash or jarred boll...

If Cleary and Draper are both out I'm pretty sure the Wings only real course of action is to put Helm and Leino into the line up. If Cleary is OK then they don't have to do anything because Helm is already up anyways. Only once Draper gets back do they have to make some decisions on who stays and goes, and they'll have at least two games to see how Kopecky/Maltby/whoever does in Draper's stead.

Guest MrSandMan

I'd like to see this:

(if Cleary & Draps is out)

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Zetterberg-Leino

Samuelsson-Filppula-Hudler

Kopecky-Helm-Maltby

or

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Zetterberg-Filppula

Samuelsson-Leino-Hudler

Kopecky-Helm-Maltby

Correct me if im wrong but didnt Babcock say awhile back that Leino would be in for the playoffs?

Yeah, but Holland just said in an inteview that he wants the boys to get experience in the AHL playoffs. He said it would be up to Babs who comes up but doesn't want them up only to sit on the bench.

It is possible that he will call up Leino and put him in before Meech, but it is also very possible that he leaves him on the top line in Grand Rapids. I would be surprised not to see him at some point, but I expect them to do whatever is best overall.