• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hillbillywingsfan

Kesler and Burrows talking trash about Backes' wife

Rate this topic

Happens all the time. Probably not from class players such as Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidström and so forth but I'm pretty sure every team has it's "trash talkers".

Yes well, the problem is that if Datsyuk was trash talking (to a non-Russian speaker) I doubt anyone would understand him :P so, as long as the Wings aren't playing the Caps I'm afraid poor Pavel has to leave the trash talking to Chelios or Draper/Maltby. Actually that would be a great reason for the Wings to play the Caps, just to match our Ruskie against their five and watch Datsyuk jaw with the 'Russian Five' and the Swedes trash talk Backstrom and Nylander. :D

I don't in any way condone what Kesler or Burrows said - I think it is silly and sad that grown men have to result to such pathetic, juvenile and crass statements especially about another player's wife. Kelly Backes looks like a nice lady and for those guys to have to resort to what they did is pathetic. It is sad that they are so uncouth about her:

Kelly_Backes____Bear.jpg

She looks like a nice lady and deserves more respect than they showed her.

ahahahaaahahhaha

never touched the ice in your life i'd imagine :lol:

Well it could have been worse. At least they didn't say anything bad about his mother or about sloppy seconds.

BTW, how did they know his wife's name?

They know each other. They come up through the ranks playin each other whether its in the major juniors in canada or ncaa in the states. Minor league systems as well. They arent strangers by any means. I know guys in the Nhl right now from playing hockey against them.

No offense, but what does that have to do with anything? Are the opinions of those who've played hockey more valid than those who have not?

Its not the opinion of it being less its just our point is is that's hockey. its the way it is. everyone does it.some a lot more then others.

"Tell Kelly I said hi"

People are taking offense to that? Trash talk is common at every level of competitive hockey.

Some of you need to grow some thicker skin

This kind of "stuff" happened in the last Chicago - Calgary game. The game was on TSN and Pierre McGuire said he had never, ever heard a star player get the verbal abuse that Jarome Iginla received in that game. What went on in that game got the attention of the League, namely Colin Campbell.

Adam Burish may be out of the next game, due to a bruised image:

"It's the same stuff that people say to me," Burish said. " 'You suck. You're terrible. I'm going to kill you. I'm going to hurt you. I'm going to beat you up.'

"I hear that every game. It's nothing that bothers me."

The only problem is that he's one of the "gang" who's dishing it out.

OMFG, a guy like chris pronger can elbow someone in the head from behind giving him a concussion (as a repeat offender as well) and get one game but don't trash talk you bad boys, give me a flipping break!!

this league is really going downhill, check that, has been going downhill and I didn't think they could go any further. what a politically correct joke.

and to all you people just relax, this kind of stuff truly does go on, at all levels of hockey, it's small potatos compared to the cheap shots that are meant to actually injur a player.

"Tell Kelly I said hi"

People are taking offense to that? Trash talk is common at every level of competitive hockey.

Some of you need to grow some thicker skin

I didn't say I was offended or that it was offensive. Just that I think someone's wife should be left out of the conversation. I guess I'm one of those people who thinks your family is off-limits.

How do you know theres no history there? How do you they don't know each other outside of playing hockey? How do you know that Backes wasn't yelling something back at them that was worse that the mics didn't catch? That's the way i grew up playing hockey. I'm sure it's not random comments. Even it is who cares., like you have never insulted someone like that before.

No I never have stated that Your Wife, or Mother is ... or things like that... they have NOTHING to do with why Im upset with said person.

Im having a Scrum with you right now...and Im not gonna say anyting like that cause they don't have anything to do with it....Your the one who thinks peoples lives are open game just because you play the same sport for a living. I think your wrong and you need a lesson in Maturity

Are you gonna insult my Mother now? thats what you think is right isnt it????? <_<

No I never have stated that Your Wife, or Mother is ... or things like that... they have NOTHING to do with why Im upset with said person.

Im having a Scrum with you right now...and Im not gonna say anyting like that cause they don't have anything to do with it....Your the one who thinks peoples lives are open game just because you play the same sport for a living. I think your wrong and you need a lesson in Maturity

Are you gonna insult my Mother now? thats what you think is right isnt it????? <_<

We are having an arguement. I'm not tryin to get under your skin. I'm not trying to throw you off your game.Its a different type of situation all together. I dont see why its such a big deal. Backes is a big boy, Im sure he'll be ok.

We are having an arguement. I'm not tryin to get under your skin. I'm not trying to throw you off your game.Its a different type of situation all together. I dont see why its such a big deal. Backes is a big boy, Im sure he'll be ok.

Backes isnt the victim here....his wife was.......NOW do you get it? it wasnt about Backes......

Guest Four

Your momma's a bad egg!

Oh burnnnnnn

Backes isnt the victim here....his wife was.......NOW do you get it? it wasnt about Backes......

Backes is the victim. Burrows and Kesler said absolutely nothing to insult her. Its all about what Backes makes of it in his mind, that is supposed to bother him. Tell your wife i said hi. now does that insult your wife. not in the slightest. if i knew u and your wife and i said that. it would bother u for sure. im sure it would nothing to her.

Trash talking is meant to throw your opponent off their game. If If Backes takes offense, his no longer gonna be 100% focused on the hockey game at hand. Its like a game within a game.

Backes is the victim. Burrows and Kesler said absolutely nothing to insult her. Its all about what Backes makes of it in his mind, that is supposed to bother him. Tell your wife i said hi. now does that insult your wife. not in the slightest. if i knew u and your wife and i said that. it would bother u for sure. im sure it would nothing to her.

YES she was because she was brought up in the first place.... Her name never should of been in any conversation on the ICE......

If you and I were old friends like we grew up together and we were on a face off and said hey whats up hows the wife and kids? ok thats one thing. If you and I were in a scrum and you bring up my wife Id knock the Piss out of ya!!! for one the lack of respect to even bring her name up in the first place even if they are friends..... Its not like it was at the beginning of a game or between whistles..... It was a whole new context

Backes response to the media:

"She's stronger than I am, and she can take it if they want to give her any grief," Backes told reporters in Vancouver. "If they want to keep giving it to me, she's pretty attractive, and I'm pretty proud of what I landed. I'm over-achieving and I'm not going to deny that."

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/nhlnews/stor...4e-78f89304cfd6

Im not sure if it's racial cause after the game they were talking about all the flames saying its part of the game. And Keenan mentioned that it is part of the game too as long as they don't get racial. You can't forget that Byfuglien from the Hawks is black(kinda) too.

I think I read/heard Iginla say it wasn't racial at some point, for whatever that's worth.

Agree with those saying it's part of the game and that Avery's thing was way different (although he shouldn't have been suspended, IMO). But if the league felt the need to step in, I'd completely understand, given the chances of playing them in the near future. ;)

YES she was because she was brought up in the first place.... Her name never should of been in any conversation on the ICE......

If you and I were old friends like we grew up together and we were on a face off and said hey whats up hows the wife and kids? ok thats one thing. If you and I were in a scrum and you bring up my wife Id knock the Piss out of ya!!! for one the lack of respect to even bring her name up in the first place even if they are friends..... Its not like it was at the beginning of a game or between whistles..... It was a whole new context

Wow, you just took a bad penatly for knocking the piss out me. My team is on the PP now. Why did i do it again?:)