• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Icesurfer

Anaheim Preview

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitBoy313
Detroit will be tougher than San Jose. Make no mistake about this.

Anaheim had a pretty good series. They will need a great one to get past Detroit.

That was a quote I took from the Ducks board.We all know this isn't going to be easy but I think the Wings are in better shape then they were 2 years ago.No Kronwall or Schneider in 07 but this year we have Kronwall playing PLUS Stuart and Ericsson and the addition of Marian Hossa as well.Going to be a good series though,GO WINGS!!

Ducks PP has been amazing

Ducks PK also good

sure wings PP is scary like always but i think ducks can handle it (unlike the bjs)

Hiller needs to be a brick wall

Marchant needs to be winning those faceoffs like he was for the SJ series

sure this is no 07 wings or 07 ducks. But I think this will be a great series that I will actually watch the games i recorded lol... and I believe who ever wins this series wins the west.

On the Ducks' board they are talking about how the Wings will shoot high on Hiller because that is his weakness.

I just thought that was interesting. Most of them think they are going to get beat by the Wings over there.

I'm actually in favor of playing Chelios over Lebda in this series.

Chelios has been BRUTAL this season. Not average. Not bad. BRUTAL. I love Chelios as much as the next guy, but I'll take Lebda's speed and horrible defense over Cheli's slow and horrible defense.

Are you guys gonna be calling the league office all week again THIS year? Like the last 2 times? "Suspend Pronger, Perry plays dirty". Come on. Be a man.

Take your trolling elsewhere.

My analyisis:

Goaltending? Clear edge to Hiller and the Duck. Dont' forget they have a Conn Smythe winner on the bench too. And before you go on about Osgood, remember please that we are talking about Chris Osgood and he is a MEDIOCRE goaltender. And please also, before you knee-jerk off a "duckie duck duck quackarro" unintelligible reply, please take a look at Hiller's numbers. Then you can agree with me. Huge edge to the Duck.

Defense? Easy. Come on. Neidermayer, Pronger, Beauchemin, Whitney, Wisnewski and then Brookbank and who cares cause the top 3 play 45 minutes of the game and the next two play the next 15. That's an all world defensive line up and not one of them is a Euro. HUGE edge to the Duck.

Forwards? Best first line in hockey, speedy second line and grinding vets added on. Wings have a collection of flitting snipers who should be playing for Sweden in 1972 wearing those stupid blue helmets. I'll be gracious and call it even.

Coaching? Babcock = Duck reject. Enough said.

Special teams: Ducks had one of the best PP's in the league to finish the year. They killed 131 of the 132 penalties the stupid refs gave the Sharks in period 2 of game 1 alone. I'll call it even.

X factor: Way more North Americans on the Duck. Cleaner home town. Better fans.

Overall edge? DUCK!!!

(btw, this is reprinted with permission from disney.com)

Laughable analysis really, I mean is this meant as a joke? I don't feel like I even really need to address this as a serious post. Not to mention the inherent xenophobic "Not one of them is a Euro" comment.

Laughable analysis really, I mean is this meant as a joke? I don't feel like I even really need to address this as a serious post. Not to mention the inherent xenophobic "Not one of them is a Euro" comment.

Don't. Feed. The. Trolls. :ph34r:

Gotta be a joke, I still can't stop laughing. I like the X factors, "Cleaner hometown." :lol: Better just give them the Cup then!

Funny stuff (Babcock = reject :lol: )

esteef

Hiller also has, like, nine Cup rings. And one time he crushed a pickup truck with his pinky. Also, in his spare time he rescues kittens from trees. He doesn't even need a ladder, he just uses telekinesis to levitate them. He'll probably win the Art Ross next year.

My analyisis:

Goaltending? Clear edge to Hiller and the Duck. Dont' forget they have a Conn Smythe winner on the bench too. And before you go on about Osgood, remember please that we are talking about Chris Osgood and he is a MEDIOCRE goaltender. And please also, before you knee-jerk off a "duckie duck duck quackarro" unintelligible reply, please take a look at Hiller's numbers. Then you can agree with me. Huge edge to the Duck.

Defense? Easy. Come on. Neidermayer, Pronger, Beauchemin, Whitney, Wisnewski and then Brookbank and who cares cause the top 3 play 45 minutes of the game and the next two play the next 15. That's an all world defensive line up and not one of them is a Euro. HUGE edge to the Duck.

Forwards? Best first line in hockey, speedy second line and grinding vets added on. Wings have a collection of flitting snipers who should be playing for Sweden in 1972 wearing those stupid blue helmets. I'll be gracious and call it even.

Coaching? Babcock = Duck reject. Enough said.

Special teams: Ducks had one of the best PP's in the league to finish the year. They killed 131 of the 132 penalties the stupid refs gave the Sharks in period 2 of game 1 alone. I'll call it even.

X factor: Way more North Americans on the Duck. Cleaner home town. Better fans.

Overall edge? DUCK!!!

(btw, this is reprinted with permission from disney.com)

WTF troll-pole?

You join our site today and all of your posts so far are talking smack.

I joined your guys' forum mostly to see what's up. Have only posted one respectful post, as is the case with virtually all the Wings fans I see over there.

Don't come HERE and think this is going to be a troll-fest for the next two weeks. Payback's a BItc....I mean, your mother. :blink:

X-factor: Red Wings bench not inhabited by goons who will take penalties like your sister takes on the pool boy. Home town (and league) that despises your no-class PrickPronger and Niederoscarmayer. Fans who didn't sneak across the border last week to escape having to be the fluffer at Tijuana donkey shows.

Overall edge? Red Wings, as always.

Wow, right to the "your mother" card huh? I thought I'd see better.

I don't know what forum you are talking about. I post at disney.com, nowhere else.

And what I said is the truth. Hiller has far better numbers than Osgood and just shut down San Jose. The defensive line up of the Duck is FORMIDABLE. The top line matches anyone. The rest have a pretty fair combo of skill, speed, strength and playoff/cup experience. Babcock WAS essentially let go by the Duck when they offered him just a one year deal and went out and locked up Carlyle as soon as Dudley Do-Right said no.

But go ahead, start in with the sister/mom insults. Childish.

Troll-pole,

Wow, your first post here says Wings fans should "be a man," and then you seem incredulous that your parentage is perceived as defective. You slam on OUR team's ethnic heritage, our coach, our city, our goalie, then you feign shock and disappointment that you are treated like a sixteen-year old boy. You slam our forwards with barely-concealed ethnic prejudice, you have the nerve to come to OUR forum and say OUR fans are inferior, then you post the pompous "I'm so above this" post.

You're right. The Wings are too European/slow/weak/lacking grit/lacking goalies/lacking defense/lacking speed/lacking puck-handling/lacking forwards/soft/old/etc.

That theory has worked really well for the past dozen years.

Hector Blake speaks the truth. The truth shall set you free, yes?

From NHL dot com

Save percentage:

1 Roberto Luongo VAN 4 126 .962 4 0 0 5 1.15 131 1 0 0 0 259:32

2 Jonas Hiller ANA 6 220 .957 4 2 0 10 1.64 230 2 0 0 0 364:36

3 Simeon Varlamov WSH 5 124 .954 3 2 0 6 1.21 130 2 0 0 0 298:05

4 Tim Thomas BOS 4 105 .946 4 0 0 6 1.50 111 0 0 1 0 239:38

5 Cam Ward CAR 6 195 .942 3 3 0 12 1.96 207 1 0 0 0 366:35

6 Martin Brodeur NJD 6 195 .938 3 3 0 13 2.13 208 1 0 0 4 367:08

7 Chris Osgood DET 4 103 .936 4 0 0 7 1.75 110 1 0 0 0 239:52

8 Marc-Andre Fleury PIT 6 178 .922 4 2 0 15 2.39 193 0 0 0 2 376:54

9 Martin Biron PHI 6 182 .919 2 4 0 16 2.56 198 1 0 0 0 374:44

10 Chris Mason STL 4 109 .916 0 4 0 10 2.34 119 0 0 0 0 256:17

GAA

1 Roberto Luongo VAN 4 131 5 1.15 4 0 0 126 .962 1 0 0 0 259:32

2 Simeon Varlamov WSH 5 130 6 1.21 3 2 0 124 .954 2 0 0 0 298:05

3 Tim Thomas BOS 4 111 6 1.50 4 0 0 105 .946 0 0 1 0 239:38

4 Jonas Hiller ANA 6 230 10 1.64 4 2 0 220 .957 2 0 0 0 364:36

5 Chris Osgood DET 4 110 7 1.75 4 0 0 103 .936 1 0 0 0 239:52

6 Cam Ward CAR 6 207 12 1.96 3 3 0 195 .942 1 0 0 0 366:35

7 Martin Brodeur NJD 6 208 13 2.13 3 3 0 195 .938 1 0 0 4 367:08

8 Chris Mason STL 4 119 10 2.34 0 4 0 109 .916 0 0 0 0 256:17

9 Marc-Andre Fleury PIT 6 193 15 2.39 4 2 0 178 .922 0 0 0 2 376:54

10 Nikolai Khabibulin CHI 6 175 15 2.52 4 2 0 160 .914 0 0 0 0 357:18

Yet before Ozzie got injured in Game 4 his numbers were top above all other goaltenders in the postseason. Gofigure.

Maybe it also has something to do with the fact that Ozzie has 3 Rings (two as a starter) and about as many playoff wins as Hiller does total games played at the NHL level that has Wings fans thinking our "lowly" goaltender has the slightest chance of being able to hang with Hiller.

Duck Guy i'm glad I met you or I'd have a terrible perception of ducks fans. This series wont take long, the Ducks defence is strong but their forwards are terribly lacking after the 1st line. Wings in 6(possibly 5), this one is for retribution and nothing else.

Let's also not mention the fact that the Sharks are about as willing to go to the net as Burke was to stay in Anaheim. Meaning its not too tough for Hiller to stop shots with no traffic and no one around to bang in a loose rebound.

He's gonna see a ton of traffic and lots of guys willing to crash the next for loose change come Game 1. It's not gonna be like stopping the Sharks no matter how bad you want to think it will be.

Let's also not mention the fact that the Sharks are about as willing to go to the net as Burke was to stay in Anaheim. Meaning its not too tough for Hiller to stop shots with no traffic and no one around to bang in a loose rebound.

He's gonna see a ton of traffic and lots of guys willing to crash the next for loose change come Game 1. It's not gonna be like stopping the Sharks no matter how bad you want to think it will be.

This. Hiller faced little rebounds, and saw everything. I'm speaking as a guy who watched all games, Hiller looked shaky on the saves, he was brillant and he made the save, but it always looked tough for him.

This. Hiller faced little rebounds, and saw everything. I'm speaking as a guy who watched all games, Hiller looked shaky on the saves, he was brillant and he made the save, but it always looked tough for him.

That's a Swiss trait numbnuts. The Swiss like to make things appear difficult, but in fact it's very easy for them. Example Swiss Army Knife. Wow you're not very smart.

That's a Swiss trait numbnuts. The Swiss like to make things appear difficult, but in fact it's very easy for them. Example Swiss Army Knife. Wow you're not very smart.

I hope your joking!

Hiller most games look shaky. This is where their fantastic D comes in. They clear rebounds out very quickly.

I think that duck will win this playoff. Very good with the power play and team is most physical. Red Wing are good too but will not be able to complete with duck as the team is full of the grandfathers. But I have much respect for my elders.

While I'm still here, I'm gonna throw this in. "Federov" is spelled F-E-D-O-R-O-V.

So. While you're ripping away, you might want to keep that in mind.

Thank you.